Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Jul 2002, 20:09 (Ref:329701)   #1
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rob Bain quits Octagon out of frustration

So then , Rob Bain has resigned from Octagon and stepped down from Being the boss at Silverstone . He's done this because of frustration at comments made against Silverstone by Formula 1 chief Bernie Ecclestone.

so what do you all think then ? ,

It seems to me that Octagon have at last put in measures that will secure the British GP for years to come , and although the tickets prices are scandelous , they were exactly the same when the BRDC where running Silverstone .So we can hardly blame Mr Bain for that .

But after all the effort that Octagon has put in to make sure we have a Grand Prix in this country and improve the facilitys ( mainly the access for the public ), i think its a shame that BERNIE has to talk such utter rubbish about Silverstone again.

For Rob Bain quit his position , he must have come to the end of his pateince at how much **** the FIA and Bernie Ecclestone can throw at him.
Old 8 Jul 2002, 20:17 (Ref:329715)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Not that it will affect Ecclestone, but i think that he should be disgusted with himself with the way he keeps attacking Silverstone/Octagon! I have been to Silverstone for the last five years and have never had a problem with the way Silverstone controls the traffic, i know that others have and that i have been lucky, however, this year was better than ever for the way it handled the traffic and the new A43 bypass that Silverstone paid for is fantastic!

How a man, who never gets to see what joe public see because he gets flown in, then stays on the inside of the track has the audasity to constantly critise Silverstone the way he does is beyond me!

Although i'm disappointed that Bain has effectivly "given in", i fully understand why he has and don't blame him for not wanting to put up with Bernies BS anymore!
Old 8 Jul 2002, 20:21 (Ref:329725)   #3
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well done Bernie

You comments have forced a man, who has tried to improve the British Grand Prix, to stand down! Lets hope whoever succeeds him, is just as successful!

Thanks bernie!
Old 8 Jul 2002, 20:28 (Ref:329734)   #4
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Bernie's comments this weekend were pointless. Silverstone was in a rebuilding year this year, the traffic situation was much improved, and Max Mosley went so far as to even say that when the A43 was finished it would be the best circuit in the world for access. To be honest, I think that Bernie wanted to blame Silverstone for the weather, which prevented his helicopter from landing earlier. Awww.

Silverstone might not be many people's favourite British circuit, but Rob Bain was the guy in charge when the £100 for two season tickets offer came in, so maybe he could have been the guy to fix the rest of the problems with the place, these things don't happen overnight. Obviously I don't know the exact details behind this, but think that it's a shame that when there's so much to be improved in British motorsports, we've got another management change at the top to delay everything further. Great.
Old 8 Jul 2002, 20:47 (Ref:329752)   #5
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who's going to take over then?

I have to admit I was surprised, he's done a pretty good job IMO and he got rid of the Foulstons who i wasn't the worlds biggest fan of!
Old 8 Jul 2002, 21:08 (Ref:329769)   #6
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

Suzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll have his job. I know I can stand up to Bernie Ecclestone.

I just feel so annoyed with Bernie for his behaviour at the weekend - protesting like crazy because his chauffeur didn't know where he was going, unable to land his helicopter because of low cloud cover (not something I believe that Octagone can control) and being put down by aforementioned chauffeur in a PUBLIC area!! Fancy having to go within 500 miles of the people who put money in his pocket!!!

And there I was thinking that the helicopter failed to land because of all the hot air inside it...

Yes, there are still improvements to be made at Silverstone but I am sure that is the same at every circuit on earth.

Poor Rob Bain - but at least you had the nerve to stand up to the man (I won't type what I call Bernie as I'm sure the Moderators would delete it).
Old 8 Jul 2002, 21:24 (Ref:329782)   #7
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've mentioned this elsewhere, but Rob Bain's quitting has little to do with what Bernie said, those were comments that he normally would ride. There are other reasons behind this decision
Old 9 Jul 2002, 08:10 (Ref:329980)   #8
philmann
Rookie

philmann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rob Bain quits after Bernie's "Constructive criticism"

Saw this on the on-line telegraph this morning

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mai...9/smbain09.xml

Nice to see that Bernie doesn't spit his dummy at all
Old 9 Jul 2002, 08:18 (Ref:329985)   #9
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From that link:

Quote:
Ecclestone was left furious after his helicopter was prevented from landing by low cloud cover and had to be diverted to a nearby airfield. He was forced to drive to the circuit, but became lost along the way.

It looks like Bernie is just grumpy because of his own discomforts...

Sad to see that the British GP boss has resigned.
Old 9 Jul 2002, 08:21 (Ref:329987)   #10
philmann
Rookie

philmann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's a crying shame - Bernie gets his hair a bit ruffled because he can't follow a few directions and the British Grand Prox comes under undeserved pressure from the bigguns, resulting in one man (so far) losing his job. If Bernie put so much money in, maybe he should have checked out what he was spending it on??
Old 9 Jul 2002, 09:58 (Ref:330046)   #11
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes , and those reason are probally that the FIA and Bernie have just constantly put silverstone down in the last few years . Some of it in the past may have been valid , but 80% of it seems to be a grudge against Silverstone . God knows why ? .....Sounds to be like Mr Bain has had just about enough of Max and Bernies BS to last him a life time.
Old 9 Jul 2002, 10:25 (Ref:330066)   #12
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by R
From that link:

Ecclestone was left furious after his helicopter was prevented from landing by low cloud cover and had to be diverted to a nearby airfield. He was forced to drive to the circuit, but became lost along the way.
Perhaps people were trying to tell him something?
Old 9 Jul 2002, 14:49 (Ref:330238)   #13
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Originally posted by R

Perhaps he should get his hair cut and then he may be able to see where he is going!
Old 9 Jul 2002, 14:56 (Ref:330243)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by jasongore
I've mentioned this elsewhere, but Rob Bain's quitting has little to do with what Bernie said, those were comments that he normally would ride. There are other reasons behind this decision
Would you like to elaborate, postulate or m.................. ake it clear what you mean?
Old 9 Jul 2002, 15:11 (Ref:330254)   #15
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The FIA paddock ban because he dared enter their media centre perhaps ?
Old 9 Jul 2002, 15:16 (Ref:330258)   #16
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Would you like to elaborate, postulate or m.................. ake it clear what you mean?
Just don't f............... ake it!
Old 9 Jul 2002, 15:33 (Ref:330264)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by josvandeperre
The FIA paddock ban because he dared enter their media centre perhaps ?
Um, what's that about then?
Old 9 Jul 2002, 15:37 (Ref:330266)   #18
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
From Berrylium to Bain!! Another case of abuse of power in F1 *sigh* We should get used to this sort of stuff now.