Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Jun 2019, 11:55 (Ref:3908029)   #1
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
2019 24 Hours of Le Mans: ACO/FIA WEC '18/'19 Season Finale

I know that the race is basically a week in a half away, but for such a big event, and that there's probably going to be news getting fired out about it, I decided to start this thread now.

To start with, here's the main resource hubs:

https://www.lemans.org/en/24-hours-of-le-mans

https://www.fiawec.com/en/race/show/4604

The WEC's hub site for LM that I linked also has the entry list and time table.

Weather:

http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Raci...s-Circuit.aspx

https://weather.com/weather/today/l/...330c177e13feff

All news and discussion about on track or event related items can go here.

First bit of event related news that I came across is (as mentioned in the WEC '18/'19 thread) is that Toyota's 1 lap per stint advantage in LMP1 has been reinstated by the ACO and FIA:

https://www.autosport.com/wec/news/1...ddgctUdEGX9McA

------------------------------------------------------------
Additional Timing and Scoring

http://theracingline.net/timing/

https://timing.71wytham.org.uk/s/lm24

Last edited by joeb; 13 Jun 2019 at 17:47.
Old 5 Jun 2019, 12:26 (Ref:3908032)   #2
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the stint advantage is ridicolous....
all the ACO bullshit before and VEasselon who wanted closer competition....
I do know it is not fair but I do wish a lovely breakdown for both Toyotas...like 45 min...garage time.....then we will see a race
Old 5 Jun 2019, 12:35 (Ref:3908034)   #3
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes as I said on the WEC thread, the single worst aspect of last year (which made the race the worst of the decade for me, worse than 2013) is back with fury. It's a travesty. I don't really care if Toyota wins the race by 15 laps and is 7 seconds a lap quicker than all the others when it comes by merit - it IS the superior car and team to everything else after all... But this absurd mandated advantage & penalties associated for it are just vomit inducing. The worst thing id that it's Toyota who can alter these regs by themselves.
Old 5 Jun 2019, 12:40 (Ref:3908035)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Are they actually altering the regs or insisting that they be applied in such a way as gives them advantage - or no longer disadvantages them? I appreciate it's all semantics and the effect is the same (and yes, very disappointing).
Old 5 Jun 2019, 12:59 (Ref:3908036)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i think like everyone else i would have liked to see closer racing in the top class but we can all enjoy the what i think will be a fabulous race in the gt class this year
Old 5 Jun 2019, 13:57 (Ref:3908055)   #6
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I just hope that the ACO and FIA scrapped the stint length regs in GTE this year.
Old 5 Jun 2019, 14:38 (Ref:3908066)   #7
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
ACO have to please the nr1 candidate for overall victory...
Old 5 Jun 2019, 14:49 (Ref:3908074)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Part of the price they had to pay after the VAG group teams left them in the lurch
Old 5 Jun 2019, 18:10 (Ref:3908118)   #9
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I wonder how aco would handle a privateer team slapping the most lazy version of a hybrid motor on the front axle.
Old 5 Jun 2019, 18:51 (Ref:3908139)   #10
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
I just hope that the ACO and FIA scrapped the stint length regs in GTE this year.
But with or without that, isn't there effectively already a cap in place considering every single GTE has BoP-adjusted fuel tank size and BoP-adusted fuel flow restrictor in place, for artificially equal stints

Hey remember that year* when Ferrari 458 had direct injection and won by country mile because of that, because of actual technology. Can't have that anymore because that's not exciting wrestling enough I guess.

*It was weird too that such thing was allowed to happen as late as 2012, as GTE had turned into full BoP class by that point already... you kow after they had scrapped the 0,5% ILMC rule off from 2011, which I what I will always point out as the very final (even though very minor) grasp of GTE/GT2 non-artificiality.

Last edited by Deleted; 5 Jun 2019 at 18:58.
Old 5 Jun 2019, 18:55 (Ref:3908140)   #11
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anybody watch the full re run of the previous years race before heading to Le Mans next week? I’m 10 & a half hours into last years race so I should finish just in time for my departure next week wets the appetite
Old 5 Jun 2019, 18:55 (Ref:3908142)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW04 View Post
Does anybody watch the full re run of the previous years race before heading to Le Mans next week? I’m 10 & a half hours into last years race so I should finish just in time for my departure next week wets the appetite
But what would we have said the following year if it had happened again.....?
Old 5 Jun 2019, 19:00 (Ref:3908144)   #13
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
But what would we have said the following year if it had happened again.....?
They where certainly pushing each other hard up until Kamui had his issue anyway, I’m hoping for the same this year since they’ve got the monkey of their back
Old 5 Jun 2019, 19:01 (Ref:3908145)   #14
Deleted
Veteran

My only "set in stone" tradition is to watch the McQueen film every year, usually between Q3 and warm-up, but sometimes before FP
Old 5 Jun 2019, 19:23 (Ref:3908153)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, I'll go along with that.
Old 5 Jun 2019, 20:20 (Ref:3908162)   #16
Deleted
Veteran

Maybe if the new Ford vs Ferrari is a good one, that could become annual double-feature really good racing films besides 1971 really are rare, I mean Rush and Grand Prix are pretty good but I wouldn't really watch them in LM build-up
Old 5 Jun 2019, 22:07 (Ref:3908177)   #17
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Both good films yes but related to F1 not real motor racing
Old 5 Jun 2019, 22:30 (Ref:3908181)   #18
Deleted
Veteran

What is 'real motor racing' then? It is the only (non-spec, non-club) racing series left without BoP adventures, so I would classify it as real racing... yes you have DRS, spec cheese tires, test ban, lame circuits, limited entry list, non-racing in the wet and other tomfoolery, all things that drive us away, which is why I very rarely watch it... however, essentially the best car, engineering and team will always win, not whoever has the best lawyers or luck draw, and that should be applauded for. With LMP1 / Hypercar going little by little to the dark side, in the footsteps of spec galore LMP2 and to greater extent entertainment weekly GTE, F1 still has the authenticity card every other series has lost. Even if otherwise the product is what it is.
Old 6 Jun 2019, 06:56 (Ref:3908223)   #19
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
In those days it was....
Old 6 Jun 2019, 07:55 (Ref:3908228)   #20
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post

Stint length regs have no place in endurance racing. Period.

I’d be happier if they scrapped them and Toyota still won by a handy margin. Didn’t have an issue when Audi dominated the privateers before Peugeot got involved. You think fair enough. They’ve worked hard on their effiency so if that gives them an edge so be it. It was earned not just handed to them by the regs.
Old 6 Jun 2019, 11:12 (Ref:3908260)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post

I think motor racing was real enough back at the time of Grand Prix..... And Rush as well....
Old 6 Jun 2019, 17:38 (Ref:3908313)   #22
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here is a Dunlop press release in case you have nothing better to do.

https://news.goodyear.eu/dunlop-prep...4-hour-battle/
Old 6 Jun 2019, 17:45 (Ref:3908314)   #23
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Is Dunlop part of goodyear?
Old 6 Jun 2019, 18:08 (Ref:3908322)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I understand that essential Andy Blackmore Spotters Guide should be out tomorrow.....?
Old 6 Jun 2019, 18:41 (Ref:3908328)   #25
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I understand that essential Andy Blackmore Spotters Guide should be out tomorrow.....?
Yes

https://twitter.com/andyblackmore/st...93137717686278