Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 Feb 2007, 09:25 (Ref:1852640)   #1
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Daily Sportscar Awards 2006 - The Winners

And here they are, the winners of the prestigious Daily Sportscar Awards for 2006:

DSC Awards 2006 – Europe

Dailysportscar’s 2006 Driver of the Year for European Racing is Emmanuel Collard
Dailysportscar’s 2006 European Car of the Year is the Audi R10TDi
Dailysportscar’s 2006 Team of the Year in Europe is Pescarolo Sport
Dailysportscar’s 2006 Rookie of the Year for Europe is Jarek Janis
The 2006 Dailysportscar European Race of the Year was the Spa 24 Hours
Dailysportscar’s 2006 Non-drivers of the Year for Europe are Creation Autosportif’s Mike Jankowski and Ian Bickerton
Dailysportscar’s 2006 Spirit of the Paddock award for Europe goes to Radio Le Mans
Dailysportscar’s 2006 European Surprise of the Year was the LMP2 title win for Barazi Epsilon
The Dailysportscar 2006 Disappointment of the Year in Europe was the failure of the Radical SR9 to take a class win
The Dailysportscar 2006 European Moment of the Year was Team LNT taking the GT2 title at the Le Mans 24 Hours

DSC Awards 2006 – UK

The 2006 Dailysportscar UK National Driver of the Year is Tim Mullen
The 2006 Dailysportscar Car of the Year for UK National Racing is the Ferrari 430GT
The 2006 Dailysportscar Team of the Year for UK National Racing is Scuderia Ecosse
Dailysportscar’s 2006 Newcomer of the Year for UK National racing is Tom Kimber-Smith
Dailysportscar’s 2006 Non-driver of the Year for UK National racing is Lawrence Tomlinson
The 2006 Moment of the Year for UK National Racing was Chris Niarchos’s run through the field at Snetterton
The 2006 Dailysportscar Surprise of the Year for UK National Racing was the GT2 title going down to the wire
Dailysportscar’s 2006 Race of the Year in UK National Motorsport was Round 3 of the British GT Championship on Donington Park’s national circuit
The 2006 Dailysportscar Disappointment of the Year was the manner of the exclusion of the Prosport 3000 from the Cup Class of the Championship
The 2006 Dailysportscar Spirit of the Paddock award for UK National Racing goes to Richmond Racing

DSC Awards 2006 – North America

2006 Dailysportscar.com Driver of the Year for North American racing is Jorg Bergmeister
Dailysportscar’s Car of the Year 2006 for North America is the Audi R10 TDI
2006 Dailysportscar North American Team of the Year title for Intersport Racing
Dailysportscar’s 2006 Rookie of the Year in North American Racing is Colin Braun
The 2006 Dailysportscar Race of the Year for North America was the New England Grand Prix at Lime Rock Park
The Dailysportscar Surprise of 2006 for North America were Penske Porsche Unreliability and the Panoz GT2 win at the 12 Hours of Sebring
Dailysportscar’s 2006 Disappointment of the Year in North America was the controversy associated with Performance Balancing
Dailysportscar’s 2006 ‘Moment’ of 2006 was, sadly but very approriately, James Weaver announcing his retirement from racing immediately after the race at Laguna Seca
Dailysportscar’s 2006 Non-driver of the Year is Rob Dyson
The winners of Dailysportscar’ 2006 Spirit of the Paddock award for North America are John Hindhaugh and the ALMS Radio Web team

DSC Awards 2006 – A Special One For James Weaver

We are delighted, and very proud, to announce that James Weaver is the first inductee into the Dailysportscar Hall of Fame

Congratulations to all the winners!

Last edited by Bentley03; 27 Feb 2007 at 12:05.
Old 27 Feb 2007, 11:26 (Ref:1852733)   #2
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The show should be repeated again a couple of times this week and there should be a podcast too - Great fun making it and some very happy winners too!
Old 27 Feb 2007, 12:28 (Ref:1852780)   #3
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin
The show should be repeated again a couple of times this week and there should be a podcast too - Great fun making it and some very happy winners too!
Missed the show on Sunday, unfortunately, and not hopeful of being able to listen to the repeats so I'm going to have to wait for the podcast.

But the 'Awards' articles on DSC which detail why the recipients were chosen and list the runners up in various categories are well worth a read in the meantime (and available to everyone since DSC is currently free).

On a personal note, I was particularly pleased to see Jarek Janis's award as Rookie of the year for Europe. I was mightily impressed with his performances last year. Nice to see his achievements recognised!

Last edited by Bentley03; 27 Feb 2007 at 13:51.
Old 27 Feb 2007, 13:46 (Ref:1852834)   #4
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Jarek was due to be on the show but we were foiled by telephonic problems - Absolutely a stand-out though.

If you do get a chance to listen please take it though - Rob Dyson, Henri Pescarolo and James Weaver in particular were excellent.
Old 27 Feb 2007, 16:21 (Ref:1852948)   #5
Sean Edwards
Racer

United Kingdom
Monaco
Sean Edwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dam that Janis

I will beat him this year hopefully!

I am glad to be on the Podium anyway, I missed the broadcast as well, where is the podcast downlaod?
Old 27 Feb 2007, 16:56 (Ref:1852991)   #6
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I get the Podcasts from iTunes, search for 'Globecast' and you should find it.

No sign on the DSC Award show yet, though.
Old 27 Feb 2007, 22:20 (Ref:1853288)   #7
Svierge
Racer

Finland
Bucks/UK
Svierge has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
On a personal note, I was particularly pleased to see Jarek Janis's award as Rookie of the year for Europe. I was mightily impressed with his performances last year. Nice to see his achievements recognised!
Janis is a superstar. A seriously quick kid with talent to spare. Every time he got in a car last year he was outstanding.

A real shame he's had to step back to GT2 this year.
Old 27 Feb 2007, 22:31 (Ref:1853299)   #8
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svierge
A real shame he's had to step back to GT2 this year.
Yep, I was really looking forward to seeing what he could do in the Charouz Lola!
Old 28 Feb 2007, 17:55 (Ref:1853931)   #9
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
It's agood thing DSC is free for a while,only I lost the free login code.
It was something with nec in it but that's all I remember. Can anyone help me out here?
Old 28 Feb 2007, 18:09 (Ref:1853941)   #10
vorsprung
Veteran

vorsprung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour
It's agood thing DSC is free for a while,only I lost the free login code.
It was something with nec in it but that's all I remember. Can anyone help me out here?
The codes are on the front page, two red words in the blue text.
Old 4 Mar 2007, 22:28 (Ref:1858486)   #11
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorsprung
The codes are on the front page, two red words in the blue text.
Doh! Sometimes I'm a bit like this:

Thanks vorsprung.
Old 5 Mar 2007, 07:12 (Ref:1858653)   #12
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The podcast version of the show is now available.
Old 5 Mar 2007, 08:24 (Ref:1858693)   #13
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
How can Tim Mullen be "UK national driver of the year" ?!?!?!

He's Irish !!!
Old 5 Mar 2007, 08:43 (Ref:1858710)   #14
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus
The podcast version of the show is now available.
I hadn't clicked on the link when I wrote the above information...

Although the link is there it isn't working.

Link to the file itself:
http://audio.mpix.org.uk/special/dsc_2007.mp3

Link to the section it's in:
http://www.0157.org/arc_ms07.html

The Podcast should also be on iTunes at some stage too.

They've re-done the whole 0157.org site since the end of last week. It is now the colour of a caramel flavour Instant Whip.
Old 5 Mar 2007, 08:45 (Ref:1858712)   #15
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
How can Tim Mullen be "UK national driver of the year" ?!?!?!
The same way an Italian car won 'UK car of the year'
Old 5 Mar 2007, 10:46 (Ref:1858797)   #16
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus
The same way an Italian car won 'UK car of the year'
Ok ..... fair enough !!!
Old 5 Mar 2007, 11:17 (Ref:1858814)   #17
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
The full titles of the awards sat - Driver of the year for UK National Motorsport etc etc
Old 5 Mar 2007, 15:13 (Ref:1858987)   #18
Simon S
Racer

England
Simon S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
And here they are, the winners of the prestigious Daily Sportscar Awards for 2006:
DSC Awards 2006 – UK
The 2006 Dailysportscar Disappointment of the Year was the manner of the exclusion of the Prosport 3000 from the Cup Class of the Championship
The first time I am associated with an award and it's for this! - guess you can't have everything
Old 5 Mar 2007, 21:26 (Ref:1859194)   #19
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
But look at it this way Simon - You earned it!!