Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Oct 2019, 13:34 (Ref:3932704)   #451
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
As anticipated, the Moffats are looking for expansion in 2020 with 2 or even 3 Infinitis, reliant on finding TBLs.

But having said that, when they listed their Merc for sale didnt they list it WITH a TBL? Must be more going on there..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Hmm... I've been thinking about this as well, there are a few teams wanting to expand next year, so obviously something will have to give.

Motorbase are needing a new sponsor so may drop down to two cars (of even off the grid completely if they can't find one), same with WSR if Jordan leaves and BMW don't want to support 3 'works' cars / no one has the cash for a similar 'Pirtek Racing' entry.

Will Matt Simpson continue, results haven't been to great for him and this year in the ageing FK2? BMR may drop out completely, or HARD may (hopefully) downsize?
Old 8 Oct 2019, 13:37 (Ref:3932706)   #452
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And what about Parker? They have not scored points since the summer break, will they drop Jelley? Drop out completely? Add a second 1 Series, or even switch to a 3 Series?
Old 8 Oct 2019, 13:39 (Ref:3932707)   #453
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wouldn't it better for Simpson to get a seat at AMD instead of running on his own ?
Old 8 Oct 2019, 14:25 (Ref:3932715)   #454
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Motorbase are needing a new sponsor so may drop down to two cars (of even off the grid completely if they can't find one),
One of the Motorbase TBLs is the Handy TBL - so in theory that'll be going back to Handy for the Alfa, leaving Motorbase with their 2 TBLs

Quote:
same with WSR if Jordan leaves and BMW don't want to support 3 'works' cars / no one has the cash for a similar 'Pirtek Racing' entry.
Blundell was in the running for a seat at WSR this year - could he still be an option there? Or will he call it a day?

Quote:
BMR may drop out completely, or HARD may (hopefully) downsize?
I'd say the former is quite possible, the latter not so much - if people stump up the cash HARD will run 4 cars again I'd have thought.

Quote:
And what about Parker? They have not scored points since the summer break, will they drop Jelley? Drop out completely? Add a second 1 Series, or even switch to a 3 Series?
I'd expect Parker back with the 1 Series and Jelley or not at all.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 14:36 (Ref:3932719)   #455
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What we know is that Laser Tools have a TBL, and have two Infinitis and a Merc that are eligible for entry.

The Merc is listed for sale with a TBL, but I would imagine they will only let the sale complete if they already have another TBL (or two) in place to race with in 2020.
If a buyer comes in who wants the Merc only, without TBL, then they would likely keep it and run the single entry with that.

My expectation - and this is merely based on Sutton testing and the previous BMR saga - is that we might see a Sutton/Moffat Laser Tools entry in 2020, using the current BMR TBLs.
The existing TBL, if not sold, will be taken back by Mr Gow for retention or use elsewhere.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 14:43 (Ref:3932720)   #456
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Neal confirmed as part of Honda Pair

'Dave Hodgetts – Managing Director Honda UK added: Dan was a natural choice for us going forward, continuing the strong pairing with triple champion Matt Neal.'

TeamCarDriverNotes

Confirmed Entries   
Excelr8??????In talks about new build - title sponsor announced
Excelr8??????In talks about new build - title sponsor announced
Team DynamicsHonda CivicCammish2yr contract confirmed in press release
Team DynamicsHonda CivicNealConfirmed as driver pairing in press release

Likely Entries   
HMS RacingAlfa GiuliettaAustinHold TBL - have been testing
WSRBMW 330i??????
WSRBMW 330i??????
WSRBMW 330i??????
Power MaxedVauxhall Astra??????
Power MaxedVauxhall Astra??????
SpeedworksToyota Corolla??????
MotorbaseFord Focus??????
MotorbaseFord Focus??????
BTC RacingHonda CivicSmiley?New cars for 2019
BTC RacingHonda Civic???New cars for 2019
Laser ToolsInfiniti Q50Moffatselling Merc+TBL

Possible Entries   
BMRSubaru Levorg??????
BMRSubaru Levorg??????
AmDHonda Civic??????
AmDHonda Civic??????
TradePrice(Amd)?????????
TradePrice(Amd)?????????
Team ParkerBMW ???????
HARDVW CC??????
HARDVW CC??????
HARDVW CC??????
HARDVW CC??????
Ciceley MotorsportMB A-ClassMorgan???
Ciceley MotorsportMB A-Class??????
Simpson RacingHonda CivicSimpson???
MotorbaseFord Focus???TBL on loan for 2019
???MB A-Class???TBL+Car on sale from Laser Tools
???Jag ?CreesRumoured by Crees in a Facebook interview
Laser ToolsInfiniti Q50SuttonSutton tested car (BMR leaving?)

Entries with doubt   
??????JordanLost Pirtek sponsorship
??????SheddenSpeculation about wanting a return
??????M.JacksonLinked to half of the teams on the grid
??????BlundellStated that he is undecided about a 2020 return
Old 8 Oct 2019, 14:51 (Ref:3932723)   #457
Evantra
Veteran

England
Having had a pretty bad season I thought he might finally retire (though we say this every year!) leaving a Dynamics seat open. But I guess not! 2 down, 28 to go?
Old 8 Oct 2019, 14:54 (Ref:3932724)   #458
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
One of the Motorbase TBLs is the Handy TBL - so in theory that'll be going back to Handy for the Alfa, leaving Motorbase with their 2 TBLs

Blundell was in the running for a seat at WSR this year - could he still be an option there? Or will he call it day?.
Ah yes, forgot about that. Hope they do return, but I can't remember hearing or seeing a single thing from them since the Snetterton test?

As for Blundell, I will be very surprised to see him carry on, from his Twitter I get the impression he's not too keen! I will be so disappointed if he takes the BMW though, there is such a long list of drivers I would rather see get that seat! But as always, money talks.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 15:01 (Ref:3932726)   #459
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Expect 4 #HARD cars next year. I believe TC will start drip feeding driver announcements soon after season end.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 16:00 (Ref:3932731)   #460
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport £3.99 last week, £10.99 this week!!!!
Old 8 Oct 2019, 16:05 (Ref:3932733)   #461
S700UBO
Racer

Scotland
Inverness
S700UBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In regards HMS / Austin

While at Knockhill i heard that the sponsors of Rob (unsure of who) were hoping to tie in with Speedworks and run a second Corolla.

Again this is not gospel but heard from someone who is associated
Old 8 Oct 2019, 16:13 (Ref:3932735)   #462
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S700UBO View Post
In regards HMS / Austin

While at Knockhill i heard that the sponsors of Rob (unsure of who) were hoping to tie in with Speedworks and run a second Corolla.

Again this is not gospel but heard from someone who is associated
My guess would be Close Brothers. They have had a season to compare what they get from Speedworks compared to HMS.

http://www.speedworksmotorsport.com/announcements/close-brothers-asset-finance-returns-to-btcc-grid-with-speedworks#.XZy1C83TU0M
Old 8 Oct 2019, 16:24 (Ref:3932739)   #463
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Expect 4 #HARD cars next year. I believe TC will start drip feeding driver announcements soon after season end.
Hmm well I hope that doesn't mean 4 wasted drivers. Honestly they need to do away with the VW but I doubt that will happen.

Personally I very much hope Bobby Thompson is picked up by a 'bigger' team, he's had some really good drives recently and until the last round was ahead of Goff in the standings. As for Goff himself I imagine he will be knocking on the doors of pretty much every single team!

Boardley was disappointing, and although Crees has been a great personality I still don't think he's quite on the BTCC level, but I would guess he'll stay on for next year.

Max Coates and Jamie Bond have been very good for HARD in tne Clio Cup so have to be strong candidates for moving up - whether that's with HARD or another team.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 17:15 (Ref:3932751)   #464
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It would make sense for Handy to tie up with Speedworks, after all they were originally the satellite team for Speedworks. Be a shame if we lose the Alfa though
Old 8 Oct 2019, 18:08 (Ref:3932759)   #465
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd be disappointed to see Handy teaming up with Speedworks as I still hope we'll see a strong, two-car factory Toyota team next year. I'd love to see Sutton alongside Ingram but this is sadly only dreaming.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 18:11 (Ref:3932760)   #466
porsche962fan
Veteran

Moffat seems very enthusiastic about Sutton so Ash may end up in Inifnity
Old 8 Oct 2019, 18:15 (Ref:3932761)   #467
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
I'd be disappointed to see Handy teaming up with Speedworks as I still hope we'll see a strong, two-car factory Toyota team next year. I'd love to see Sutton alongside Ingram but this is sadly only dreaming.
Sutton's has to be the main focus of this year's silly season. It'll be really disappointing if he's back in a BMR Subaru again, and quite honestly likewise if he's in an Infiniti.

Have to agree, I'd love see him in a Corolla, or at WSR, either of which would be a pretty unstoppable combination.

Otherwise I'm sure he's looking at TCR, or even Supercars down in Australia.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 18:42 (Ref:3932767)   #468
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
I'd be disappointed to see Handy teaming up with Speedworks as I still hope we'll see a strong, two-car factory Toyota team next year.
I'm pretty sure that will be happening.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 18:48 (Ref:3932769)   #469
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
I'm pretty sure that will be happening.
Yeah. Many things I've heard, it's certainly been discussed. If HMS did return as a stand alone single car entry (which I can't see but am usually wrong!)I very much doubt we'd see that Alfa. The Avensis just needs the RML bits and engine bolting back in and will kick the Alfas ass.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 18:50 (Ref:3932770)   #470
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Sutton's has to be the main focus of this year's silly season. It'll be really disappointing if he's back in a BMR Subaru again, and quite honestly likewise if he's in an Infiniti.

Have to agree, I'd love see him in a Corolla, or at WSR, either of which would be a pretty unstoppable combination.

Otherwise I'm sure he's looking at TCR, or even Supercars down in Australia.
Sutton will need to drum up sponsorship wherever he goes. Remember it was JP who got Flux in at BMR. Ditto Silverline and nearly Tesco. Sutton arrived into an already largely sponsored seat.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 18:52 (Ref:3932772)   #471
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The Avensis just needs the RML bits and engine bolting back in and will kick the Alfas ass.
I never even considered that! But guessing if the support from Alfa (Dealer network?) has ended then there's no reason to necessarily bring the Giulietta back...
Old 8 Oct 2019, 18:53 (Ref:3932773)   #472
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
What we know is that Laser Tools have a TBL, and have two Infinitis and a Merc that are eligible for entry.

The Merc is listed for sale with a TBL, but I would imagine they will only let the sale complete if they already have another TBL (or two) in place to race with in 2020.
If a buyer comes in who wants the Merc only, without TBL, then they would likely keep it and run the single entry with that.

My expectation - and this is merely based on Sutton testing and the previous BMR saga - is that we might see a Sutton/Moffat Laser Tools entry in 2020, using the current BMR TBLs.
The existing TBL, if not sold, will be taken back by Mr Gow for retention or use elsewhere.
If any bookie will take my money on that I'd be having a punt. Can't see Sutton at WSR, he needs 500k + for that. That would be my fantasy driver and car combo. Mind you when Cookie rocked up at BTC with a sack of gold I bet nobody saw that coming.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 18:56 (Ref:3932774)   #473
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
I never even considered that! But guessing if the support from Alfa (Dealer network?) has ended then there's no reason to necessarily bring the Giulietta back...
One year deal. And not many $$$'s either, Alfa branding was near non existent on the car.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 18:57 (Ref:3932776)   #474
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
he needs 500k + for that.
maybe Chilton can afford the WSR seat ?
Old 8 Oct 2019, 19:06 (Ref:3932778)   #475
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
maybe Chilton can afford the WSR seat ?
Chilton could easily afford to if he was that way inclined - but he doesn't go racing to spend his family's money.