Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 May 2009, 04:51 (Ref:2471349)   #1
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where to for Whincup?? (Merged x 3)

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/news/arti...-overseas-hint

not really anything new but an exciting headline but good luck to him either way.
Old 29 May 2009, 05:00 (Ref:2471350)   #2
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well he's been talking about it for years so no surprise it will happen at some point.
Old 29 May 2009, 05:14 (Ref:2471352)   #3
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just needs one more championship and one more Bathurst....then go challenge the Nascar scene...why not! Cant do any worse than Ambrose has.
Old 29 May 2009, 06:10 (Ref:2471365)   #4
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklegend View Post
Cant do any worse than Ambrose has.
Dick Johnson did so there are precedents.
Old 29 May 2009, 06:57 (Ref:2471380)   #5
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklegend View Post
Just needs one more championship and one more Bathurst....then go challenge the Nascar scene...why not! Cant do any worse than Ambrose has.
That reads like you are saying that Marcos has all but failed over there.

I can't think of anyone in the V8SC series that has the determination, talent and mongrel to do even half as well as MA in what has been a short time in NASCAR.
Old 29 May 2009, 07:00 (Ref:2471383)   #6
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post

I can't think of anyone in the V8SC series that has the determination, talent and mongrel to do even half as well as MA in what has been a short time in NASCAR.
agree and Marcos has come through the ranks from trucks to Sprint cup very quickly so the talent scouts must see something in him.
Old 29 May 2009, 08:13 (Ref:2471416)   #7
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
might be linked to a contract renewal and a bit of bluff?
Old 29 May 2009, 08:59 (Ref:2471432)   #8
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
agree and Marcos has come through the ranks from trucks to Sprint cup very quickly so the talent scouts must see something in him.
umm his results weren't that impressive in the lower grades. not to say the guy isn't a good driver

J-Dub leave 888? yeah right
Old 29 May 2009, 09:43 (Ref:2471447)   #9
krypto71
Racer

krypto71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nascar is the way to go to earn the money... Marcos is earning some good $$ over there.

I think hes doing an awesome job too. He did struggle a bit in the truck series, especially on the short tracks, but now in the Sprint cup, he is doing well on all tracks. Plus the gear at Waltrip racing is helping him this year. Theres some good drivers behind him in the standings.

I'd like to see Jamie give it a crack.
Old 29 May 2009, 14:18 (Ref:2471619)   #10
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
might be linked to a contract renewal and a bit of bluff?
Could be, but he's been talking about going overseas well before he had all his success, so it's inevitable, I think.

Nascar is a tough nut to crack though. Marcus had Ford support to open doors for him and probably pay some bills, which was a huge help.

If it doesn't work out Whincup can always come back.
Old 30 May 2009, 09:21 (Ref:2472032)   #11
Peter Ford
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, south Australia
Peter Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Make sense,he won 3 straight bathurst,1 championship and maybe 1 more at end of the year,so what left for him to do in the series?.
Old 30 May 2009, 09:46 (Ref:2472045)   #12
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ford View Post
Make sense,he won 3 straight bathurst,1 championship and maybe 1 more at end of the year,so what left for him to do in the series?.
Whatever floats your boat really.

I'd be ****ing bored turning left all day. Some race for the money, some race for the race. I'd rather less money to enjoy what your doing!
Old 30 May 2009, 11:28 (Ref:2472094)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If he leaves, who will replace him?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 30 May 2009, 11:46 (Ref:2472102)   #14
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Speedy Thexton?????
Old 30 May 2009, 12:06 (Ref:2472116)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
Speedy Thexton?????
He would be good for the sport, putting his own money up to follow his dream. I dont think Mr Dane would be amenable to such things, at least not until the Vodafone deal expires.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 30 May 2009, 12:47 (Ref:2472141)   #16
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hopefully Lee Holsworth would the logical replacement, perhaps Courtney if DJR lose interest or Will Power if he can't get a run in Penskes sports car program somewhere. Perhaps Coulthard could be a cheaper 888-affiliated choice.
Old 30 May 2009, 13:15 (Ref:2472161)   #17
krypto71
Racer

krypto71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
Whatever floats your boat really.

I'd be ****ing bored turning left all day. Some race for the money, some race for the race. I'd rather less money to enjoy what your doing!
I wish I could agree with you but I've seen more close finishes and passing in Nascar than I have in V8 Supercars lately.
Old 30 May 2009, 22:37 (Ref:2472344)   #18
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post

No, quite the contrary in that I watch MA each week and feel that JW could do just as well.
Old 31 May 2009, 06:38 (Ref:2472454)   #19
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ford View Post
most race wins, most bathurst wins, most championships...
Old 1 Jun 2009, 03:41 (Ref:2473092)   #20
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Hopefully Lee Holsworth would the logical replacement, perhaps Courtney if DJR lose interest or Will Power if he can't get a run in Penskes sports car program somewhere. Perhaps Coulthard could be a cheaper 888-affiliated choice.
LMFAO!!! not that 888 would want him anyway, but I dont think DJR will have enough funds available by the end of the season to pay ANYONE to take him off their hands.... It'll all be spent on massive repair bills.... The guy is a tool - the way he carried on about Dale Wood just made me want to ***** slap him. I cant believe he is still a paid driver.. I bet the Stones breathed a sigh of relief and had a little giggle when DJR signed him...
Old 1 Jun 2009, 04:48 (Ref:2473114)   #21
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Harder. View Post
LMFAO!!! not that 888 would want him anyway, but I dont think DJR will have enough funds available by the end of the season to pay ANYONE to take him off their hands.... It'll all be spent on massive repair bills.... The guy is a tool - the way he carried on about Dale Wood just made me want to ***** slap him. I cant believe he is still a paid driver.. I bet the Stones breathed a sigh of relief and had a little giggle when DJR signed him...
No, evidently SBR played hardball over Crashney ... they insisted they would not pay more than $200 grand for DJR to take him
Old 3 Jun 2009, 05:50 (Ref:2474447)   #22
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So if 888 don't run Fords next year (or '11), does that impact Mr Whincup's decision to bugger off? How long will he want to be in a team where he is winning championships, yet his team mate gets paid more...

Nascar do run on road courses too...

Has anyone thought that Indycar could be an option for him?

And in another breath, it is kind of a case of good riddance if he goes... he has the personality of a lentil and says "hey" way too much at the beginning of sentences.

Lowdnes says "really" lots too... really, they've got a team of catch phrasers there hey.
Old 3 Jun 2009, 07:18 (Ref:2474485)   #23
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
So if 888 don't run Fords next year (or '11), does that impact Mr Whincup's decision to bugger off? How long will he want to be in a team where he is winning championships, yet his team mate gets paid more...

Nascar do run on road courses too...

Has anyone thought that Indycar could be an option for him?

And in another breath, it is kind of a case of good riddance if he goes... he has the personality of a lentil and says "hey" way too much at the beginning of sentences.

Lowdnes says "really" lots too... really, they've got a team of catch phrasers there hey.

i've noticed that too, they need a hey-o-metre on him.
Old 4 Jun 2009, 11:06 (Ref:2475275)   #24
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whincup... Looking for an excuse?

I just read on the V8 Supercar website that Jamie Whincup is now threatening to quit the category if the Sprint tyre gets used at places like Bathurst or Phillip Island. Is he looking for an excuse to quit now, so that it doesn't seem like it was his choice?

If he wants to race somewhere else he should at least have the cahoneys to just say it don't you think?
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 4 Jun 2009, 11:10 (Ref:2475276)   #25
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Most of your posts are normally pretty good Chatters but I reckon that one is stretching it a bit too much.