Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 21 Jun 2009, 09:20 (Ref:2487378)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[V8DVS09R03] Fujitsu Series @ Townsville

The entry list is much rumoured to be changed around for this round, with talk of a PMM Commodore with PM at the wheel, with Mr Jane joining the series, and perhaps for later on in the enduros...

Who will win?

Nobody has been there before... no circuit knowledge at all.

Which team has the depth to be able to go beyond the settings the supplier gave to them to come good?

Its a difficult question... I would suggest Mr Denyer's car would be strong, gleaning information from and to the Jim Beam units...

We shall see..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 21 Jun 2009, 09:38 (Ref:2487392)   #2
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think if PM does it then he will go good against this oppersition. i expect another, Moff, David Russell fight.
Old 21 Jun 2009, 10:38 (Ref:2487451)   #3
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whispers are that there could be the smallest field of the year so far. Hopefully their will be a rush of late entries.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 21 Jun 2009, 13:02 (Ref:2487534)   #4
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't say I'm surprised. It's a long way to come to potentially go home with a very bent racecar.
Old 30 Jun 2009, 05:22 (Ref:2493670)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
Whispers are that there could be the smallest field of the year so far. Hopefully their will be a rush of late entries.
16 cars according to MeN... the lowest EVER in the category!

Official list Here
Old 30 Jun 2009, 15:01 (Ref:2493955)   #6
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
16 cars according to MeN... the lowest EVER in the category!
Sign of the times, last year there were about 30 cars at each race. I recall that a few years ago it was thought maybe there would be a need for a third series, the heady days of 41 cars at Ipswich in 2006 seems such a long time ago.

Presume that Paul Morris will not be in a VE as listed, but Earnhardt the VZ raced at Adelaide by Colin Corkery.
Old 2 Jul 2009, 03:28 (Ref:2494833)   #7
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
pete60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did Corkery race Earnhardt (ex Loadsman) or Daisy (WPR)? I thought it was Daisy.

And Morris is in the ex JFR VX up-specced to VZ standards, recently driven by Taz Douglas, Chris Pither etc.
Old 5 Jul 2009, 08:47 (Ref:2495996)   #8
CooperS79
Racer

Australia
Wollongong
CooperS79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=pete60;2494833]Did Corkery race Earnhardt (ex Loadsman) or Daisy (WPR)? I thought it was Daisy.

Definitely not Daisy. WPR still own it and it hasn't been run this year.

Last edited by CooperS79; 5 Jul 2009 at 08:48. Reason: Spelling
Old 9 Jul 2009, 22:55 (Ref:2498687)   #9
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony81901 View Post
Sign of the times, last year there were about 30 cars at each race.
Why don't they put ute/fford/mini-bmw cash aside, and give Fujitsu series guaranteed same day or live TV without exception even if it costs instead of makes V8TV money?

That ought to get the profile up, making sure that this the #2 category in the country without question, seems simple enough to me?
Old 10 Jul 2009, 01:05 (Ref:2498719)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
P1

Only 15 cars...
Old 10 Jul 2009, 01:06 (Ref:2498720)   #11
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
would atleast give more incentive to sponsers. they seem to be gun ho with the Mini's & Utes, they seem to get a race here and there on race day and shown the week after FV8's are usually shown 2 weeks after the event. while Mini's & Utes are cheaper for sponsers no doubt if FV8's got better coverage they would get more sponsers and more entries. it's deadset the forgoton category.
Old 10 Jul 2009, 02:34 (Ref:2498733)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
P2
Old 10 Jul 2009, 07:05 (Ref:2498803)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
What happened to Race Image this weekend? I thought ESAT was joining the team for the balance of the season.

Word out of Novocastria suggests that the #60 car is sans engine, which is at its builder, allegedly still awaiting payment.
Old 10 Jul 2009, 11:30 (Ref:2498910)   #14
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like Brawn are there doing some secret F1 testing on a Commodore...

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 10 Jul 2009, 12:43 (Ref:2498947)   #15
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old News

Taz had that livery @ Winton
Old 10 Jul 2009, 12:55 (Ref:2498952)   #16
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Note that they have elected to run without windows on the Brawn influenced livery with no detriment... one for the rulemakers when comtemplating minimum ventilation requirements?
Old 10 Jul 2009, 13:05 (Ref:2498955)   #17
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

Rookie amateur V8 racer Rodney Jane quicker than professional V8 veteran Paul Morris, despite piloting the ex-Team Kiwi mobile. Surely that shows the car was not as poorly maintained and sub-standard in specification as suggested...

Sonic and lots of $$$ can't have worked that many miracles on the supposedly craptacular chassis...
Old 10 Jul 2009, 13:22 (Ref:2498962)   #18
simon wills
Racer

New Zealand
Adelaide
simon wills should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
V8 Fireworks, the car is still over 3 seconds slower than the top Main Game time, plus 1.5 seconds slower than Jack Perkins near the rear of the pack, also 1.3s off in its own class... I do not see this painting a picture of a large improvement like you seem to suggest. Maybe Paul would be more disappointed with his performance so far?
Old 10 Jul 2009, 15:44 (Ref:2499023)   #19
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
apparantly the smoke coming of the front wheels was due to the no windows
Old 11 Jul 2009, 00:33 (Ref:2499243)   #20
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After his performance in Qualifying, he should really take a reality check and get a real driver in his car for 500 & 1000
Old 11 Jul 2009, 02:44 (Ref:2499266)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Q1
Old 11 Jul 2009, 03:29 (Ref:2499271)   #22
kiwi20
Racer

New Zealand
kiwi20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmdog View Post
After his performance in Qualifying, he should really take a reality check and get a real driver in his car for 500 & 1000
He only did a handful of laps as I think it was him that caused a red flag.
And which car is he using I thought it was an ex JFR car so would be a pretty old car against new-ish 888 fpr cars
Old 11 Jul 2009, 07:26 (Ref:2499304)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
R1
Old 12 Jul 2009, 01:03 (Ref:2499734)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
R2

The little fella wins again!

So precisely why was he a worse candidate than Mr Reindler for #25?
Old 12 Jul 2009, 01:07 (Ref:2499735)   #25
rogered
Rookie

rogered should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what happened to david russell