Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 9 Oct 2015, 02:37 (Ref:3580631)   #1
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bad news, Autosport magazine is now shipping their magazines by ocean to the USA!

Auto Sport has decided that American F1 fans aren't worth the cost of air freighting their magazines anymore. We'll be getting the Autosports 5-weeks or so late like F1 Racing now. Meaning you'll get to read about Singapore when you should be reading about Sochi. Brilliant job, guys! I know, I won't buy them anymore....

But, at least the Italian weekly, Auto Sprint, will continue sending their mags by air. Who would have ever imagined that the Italians were more proficient then the British?

My local news agent sells 5 a week, upon hearing the news, they have already canceled their future orders. Sucks, but it is what it is....
Old 9 Oct 2015, 08:41 (Ref:3580692)   #2
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I cant remember but do they offer a digital only edition?

My memory is that you used to have to have a subscription to the printed copy and then got digital for "free".

I cant see why they wouldnt offer a digital only edition at a significant discount as printing and delivery costs would be negligible. Of course digital only editions are not as user friendly to read imho, but better than being 5 weeks late!

You can buy a digital only edition of "Motorsport" magazine, and you get it one day earlier than the print edition, apparently, but it is the same cost per issue as the print subscription, so it can be done.
Old 9 Oct 2015, 08:59 (Ref:3580699)   #3
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I cant remember but do they offer a digital only edition?

My memory is that you used to have to have a subscription to the printed copy and then got digital for "free".

I cant see why they wouldnt offer a digital only edition at a significant discount as printing and delivery costs would be negligible. Of course digital only editions are not as user friendly to read imho, but better than being 5 weeks late!

You can buy a digital only edition of "Motorsport" magazine, and you get it one day earlier than the print edition, apparently, but it is the same cost per issue as the print subscription, so it can be done.
I'm under the impression that my subscription copy of Autosport is sometimes sent to me in Leicestershire via the USA and by ship, the delivery is often late, if at all. I too have considered cancelling my paper subscription and relying on getting the 'news' just from their website as when the magazine arrives late, I've already learned every piece of 'news' it contains!
Old 9 Oct 2015, 09:18 (Ref:3580702)   #4
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Just go digital - I'm in Australia and did that a few years ago. Personally it suits me much better.
Old 9 Oct 2015, 12:31 (Ref:3580760)   #5
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It should mean that it now arrives just after the news item they were speculating about has just not happened.

Gave it up years ago, sadly.
Old 9 Oct 2015, 17:19 (Ref:3580840)   #6
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I cant see why they wouldnt offer a digital only edition at a significant discount as printing and delivery costs would be negligible.
Exactly: the main cost is the journalistic production. That's why a digital subscription isn't much cheaper.
Old 9 Oct 2015, 18:47 (Ref:3580857)   #7
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I'm under the impression that my subscription copy of Autosport is sometimes sent to me in Leicestershire via the USA and by ship, the delivery is often late, if at all. I too have considered cancelling my paper subscription and relying on getting the 'news' just from their website as when the magazine arrives late, I've already learned every piece of 'news' it contains!
Must be a Leicestershire thing, i got fed up with mine arriving on Monday and didn't bother renewing,
my Motorsport subscription is about to run out and i probably wont bother with that either they're main interviews are with people of my era - Pirro etc
and why have a piece about watches it's supposed to be a car magazine not horologists monthly.