Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racing Technology

Old 18 Nov 2020, 11:24 (Ref:4017638)   #1
Marco_R2R
Rookie

Marco_R2R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New to the forum, and to this interesting world - Entry level data engineer

Hi All

I have always been fascinated by motorsport and in August 2019 I decided to buy a Clio Cup 3 with a friend (experienced racing driver) to learn to drive myself and eventually to rent it for trackdays and races in order to cover some of the costs.
(un)fortunately things turned out quite different, and instead of driving myself we found a good driver interested to do the Clio Cup and we won!
Right now we have 3 cars (2 Clio and 1 Toyota GT86 Cup) and this is becoming quite demanding.
Naturally since my partner is good at driving he takes care of driving development, we have a good mechanic helping us and I ended up taking care of videos and data, without any proper skill or training.
This year one of our drivers is really demanding, but since this is a low-budget championship we don't have the possibility to hire a race engineer, so I would like to learn something so that I can add more value.
All our cars have AIM SOLO 2DL + Smartycam installed, and I'm trying to become familiar with the system. Any online resource that you suggest looking at, or book?
Also, having 3 cars (potentially running together) do you think one laptop is enough or better to have at least 2?
any suggestion is welcome

Thanks!
Old 16 Dec 2020, 09:26 (Ref:4023204)   #2
br21
Rookie

br21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I preffer one laptop, as anyway I compare/overlay data from all cars so I do it on one laptop.
A lot depends also if you only focus on driver performance/comparison or you also check car health/performance. In both situations you need to focus on different things.
Drop me a PM if you want to discuss more.