Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 16 Feb 2003, 18:27 (Ref:508723)   #1
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Formula Saloons Alfa ?

Browsing through the AutoItalia series website earlier I noticed a snippet of news that Terry Di Francesco has brought a 2001-spec ex-Fabrizio Giovanardi SuperTouring Alfa 156.

Anyone know if he plans to move into Formula Saloons. This car would make a great addition to the series.
Old 16 Feb 2003, 20:55 (Ref:508857)   #2
eltong
Rookie

New Zealand
Back home in NZ!!!!
eltong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm doing some work with Terry to get him used to the car and adapt his driving style as he's coming from driving his rear wheel drive 128.

So in the short term, no. He is only planning to run the car in the Alfa championship. But your right, it would be a great sight, seeing it take on a few other Super Tourers!
Old 16 Feb 2003, 21:05 (Ref:508863)   #3
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Keep us informed!
Old 16 Feb 2003, 21:48 (Ref:508913)   #4
Nissan
Rookie

Nissan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be good to see another marque of Super tourer running with us this year, bear in mind that there is a lot of rookies gaining touring car experience in Formula Saloons, Terry may find it easier to learn / adjust to super touring in our series than mixing in the Alfa series ?.
Old 16 Feb 2003, 21:55 (Ref:508924)   #5
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Couldn't find many more details about Terry so had no idea what he had driven before. RWD 128 to ST 156 is a major step, best of luck to him.

Looks like I might have to add the Alfas to my 'must see' list this year.
Old 17 Feb 2003, 15:18 (Ref:509604)   #6
G.Walker
Racer

Scotland
G.Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The fella who has the alfs 156 super tourer also has purchased a 1994 DTM Alfa, hopefully that will also appear in one of the championship in the future. Are their any other alfas super tourers in the uk, i heard of one in the hands of billy mcmillan but yet to off seen it. a couple of alfa's race in the autoitalia championship like julian birly ex nicola Larini german touring car! I heard the 1994(?) BTCC winning alfa was in the UK with a alfa racer? it would be nice to see these cars in a more competitive championship like the Formula Saloons. Does anyone know whether andy Rouse or son will be using their recently purchased DTM Mercedes in formula saloons?
Old 17 Feb 2003, 21:13 (Ref:509917)   #7
redshoes
Veteran

Last I heard the Rouses will be doing the Britcar endurance series.
Old 22 Feb 2003, 20:00 (Ref:514300)   #8
eltong
Rookie

New Zealand
Back home in NZ!!!!
eltong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit of an update for those who may be interested.

Terry will have the 156 in the country within the next fortnight. From there, he will be testing it at Brands to get reading for the first round of AutoItalia championship at Brands at the end of March. So if you want to see the last of the proper touring cars running, come down and see us.

In regards to the 155. He has got hold of one but it is have some technical problems so that will be coming over a bit later on. He is hoping to get out for one race in it this year at some stage.
Old 24 Feb 2003, 21:43 (Ref:516517)   #9
T.D.F.
Rookie

T.D.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its good to see the Alfas have generated discussion as Elton said the 156 should be in England by 10.03.2003 the 155 however is at present at Fissolo's waiting for the wiring harnesses that allow for the lap top to connect to the management system so as to progam the car to run. this car is an ITC 155 and run last time at Susuka and is also the car that ran at Silverstone in 94.This was the last evolution of the car and like the 156 bought directly from N.TECHNOLOGY. There are no others like it similar maybe. If everything goes well it will come to England and possibly do one race the car is as new and unfortunately the engines were only good enough for 400km maximum
Old 24 Feb 2003, 22:19 (Ref:516580)   #10
redshoes
Veteran

Welcome Terry. Thanks for the info. Please keep us up to date with progress and especially where and when your going to bring the 155 out to play.
Old 5 Mar 2003, 17:04 (Ref:525824)   #11
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sweet! Who maintains the cars? Can they maintained in the UK or do they have to go to back to Alfa Corse?
Old 5 Mar 2003, 19:30 (Ref:525958)   #12
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sounds good - I look forward to seeing it in action
Old 6 Mar 2003, 23:18 (Ref:527121)   #13
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does Terry have a website for his team?
Old 8 Mar 2003, 22:03 (Ref:529207)   #14
T.D.F.
Rookie

T.D.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello again to all those that have shown intrest in the Alfas. The 156 is now in England still on the trailer. I had the pleasure of a test drive at Campo Volo in Turin opposite the old Abarth Factory, very fitting, as did Roberto Giordanelli who will be writing the article in the Auto Italia magazine on the 156 in next month's issue.If I were writing the article the words dogs ******** would feature too many times. This car is pure race car and I'm almost ashamed to admit that my worry is that I will never be able to do it justice, but I'm sure going to try. I don't think it will be necessary for it to go back to Ntechnology to be maintained although it will be easier for the end of season refurb for it to go back to Italy to www.restauro-abarth.it, and should anyone want to see the cars they are on www.hobbymotorsport.com . As for having a team or a web site I'm still in the stone age but I'm sure that there will be pleaty of people who will offer me advice on how to before too long. last but not least I still haven't decided where to run tis car this year time and budget will be a deciding factor and as soon as I have made a decision I will mail it. The 155 is still in Italy but not for too long and as soon as that is here I'll tell you all. Thanks for now.
Old 18 Aug 2021, 19:52 (Ref:4067580)   #15
AlessandroC
Rookie

Italy
Acqui Terme
AlessandroC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dear mr Di Francesco, i m Alessandro Cordasco from Italy. My passion are Alfa Romeo race car and i m doing a research on this beautiful car.
Have you still got the 156 st?
Could i ask you some questions?

Best regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.D.F. View Post
Hello again to all those that have shown intrest in the Alfas. The 156 is now in England still on the trailer. I had the pleasure of a test drive at Campo Volo in Turin opposite the old Abarth Factory, very fitting, as did Roberto Giordanelli who will be writing the article in the Auto Italia magazine on the 156 in next month's issue.If I were writing the article the words dogs ******** would feature too many times. This car is pure race car and I'm almost ashamed to admit that my worry is that I will never be able to do it justice, but I'm sure going to try. I don't think it will be necessary for it to go back to Ntechnology to be maintained although it will be easier for the end of season refurb for it to go back to Italy to www.restauro-abarth.it, and should anyone want to see the cars they are on www.hobbymotorsport.com . As for having a team or a web site I'm still in the stone age but I'm sure that there will be pleaty of people who will offer me advice on how to before too long. last but not least I still haven't decided where to run tis car this year time and budget will be a deciding factor and as soon as I have made a decision I will mail it. The 155 is still in Italy but not for too long and as soon as that is here I'll tell you all. Thanks for now.