Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 6 Jun 2020, 21:37 (Ref:3980561)   #1
joss Ronchetti
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Glen, Leicester
joss Ronchetti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fastest Slick

Hi Chaps has anyone seen any data/links or input on what they think is the quickest Slick Tyre Marque for a Saloon Car on 17 x 9's , 860 KGS 330 BHP. Pirelli? Dunlop? New Toyo ? Hanook? Around 20 Minute Races? Cheers in Advance
Old 7 Jun 2020, 06:47 (Ref:3980649)   #2
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Surely there are far more variables to be taken into consideration, and it may well be car specific?
Old 7 Jun 2020, 11:59 (Ref:3980672)   #3
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
The fastest slicks are the ones on the cars ahead of you ;-)
Old 7 Jun 2020, 17:38 (Ref:3980721)   #4
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joss Ronchetti View Post
Hi Chaps has anyone seen any data/links or input on what they think is the quickest Slick Tyre Marque for a Saloon Car on 17 x 9's , 860 KGS 330 BHP. Pirelli? Dunlop? New Toyo ? Hanook? Around 20 Minute Races? Cheers in Advance
Don’t know the answer to your question, Joss, but does this mean that you are going to race this year? Don’t think I have seen you on track for circa 3 years?
What series? CSCC Special Saloons & Modsports I hope?
Old 8 Jun 2020, 13:53 (Ref:3980821)   #5
tim dodwell
Racer

tim dodwell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Joss - will be good to see you again in the CTCRC!!
Old 16 Jun 2020, 21:26 (Ref:3982386)   #6
joss Ronchetti
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Glen, Leicester
Thanks chaps, I have decided to go back to good old Dunlops, the Sunbeam did not go too bad on them before :0) I plan to be at Cadwell testing on the Friday 3rd with 2 Cars and all being well racing 3rd/4th in CT in Sunbeam and the CNC Head Sports Saloon's Races in my new Evo we are still finishing building atm, I have a seasons worth plus of ex BTCC Dunlop Slicks for that car.
Old 16 Jun 2020, 21:46 (Ref:3982387)   #7
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks chaps, I have decided to go back to good old Dunlops, the Sunbeam did not go too bad on them before :0) I plan to be at Cadwell testing on the Friday 3rd with 2 Cars and all being well racing 3rd/4th in CT in Sunbeam and the CNC Head Sports Saloon's Races in my new Evo we are still finishing building atm, I have a seasons worth plus of ex BTCC Dunlop Slicks for that car.
CSCC have a new series for cars on Slicks, Joss, as well as the Special Saloons series.
Old 16 Jun 2020, 22:12 (Ref:3982388)   #8
joss Ronchetti
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Glen, Leicester
Andy I plan to have some outings with the CSCC in the Open/Slicks Race with the EVO. I do not plan to run the Sunbeam in any CSCC Special/Modified Sports Saloons Races this season as I am just planning to do the CT rounds and a few T/A Rounds Will do some of the Spec/Mod Sprts/saloons next season after a refresh and upgrades as many quicker cars have entered since 2012 :0)
Old 17 Jun 2020, 05:14 (Ref:3982403)   #9
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Andy I plan to have some outings with the CSCC in the Open/Slicks Race with the EVO. I do not plan to run the Sunbeam in any CSCC Special/Modified Sports Saloons Races this season as I am just planning to do the CT rounds and a few T/A Rounds Will do some of the Spec/Mod Sprts/saloons next season after a refresh and upgrades as many quicker cars have entered since 2012 :0)
It will be good to see you and the Sunbeam/ Evo out.
Ginger Marshall (Reliant Kitten) and the Dr Enderby (Karmann Ghia) are due out next season too.
Old 21 Jun 2020, 05:29 (Ref:3983002)   #10
Nick Harrison
Rookie

United Kingdom
Worcestershire
Nick Harrison should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
My background is single seaters and typically 15 minute races so not entirely relevant. However experience tells me that the slick which wins races is the one that is quickest in the opening two laps and then gives consistent grip to the chequered flag. It may not necessarily give the overall quickest lap.

A name not on your list to consider, Hoosier.
Old 21 Jun 2020, 08:59 (Ref:3983019)   #11
Neil Duke
Racer

Neil Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hear the The Brode is coming out in Run Baby Run.
Old 23 Jun 2021, 13:58 (Ref:4057891)   #12
ydd
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK
ydd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Surely there are far more variables to be taken into consideration, and it may well be car specific?
Yeah it would actually be quite interesting to try and define that somehow.

When I used to work in automotive we created criteria for tyre testing - comparing different brands and tyre types i.e. stopping distance (wet or dry), lap time and even driver confidence.

For a racing tyre, maybe you could have both objective and subjective measures that make more sense on track. Say like peak acceleration, per kg of axle weight, per psi, per deg surface temp, per deg camber angle!

Actually ... maybe this is getting a bit to complex too quickly!
Old 4 Jul 2021, 19:51 (Ref:4059835)   #13
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michelin - just to chuck that one into the mix.

I used to run on Dunlops, but since moving to Michelins it would have to be very good reason to change to anything else.