Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 Aug 2021, 06:26 (Ref:4066516)   #1501
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
All the best to everyone making the trip this year. Hopefully I can be there next year.

As it stands, we are trying to move house and the current plan is for it to happen over the race weekend so I won't even be watching it live on a screen! First World problems, I guess...

Stay safe!
Old 14 Aug 2021, 17:03 (Ref:4066687)   #1502
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes, bad news for all those attending the race, they gave me a new passport this morning so i will be there, and you might have to talk to me. Big thankyou to those that told me to keep trying to get the appointment.
Old 14 Aug 2021, 17:14 (Ref:4066688)   #1503
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well done. I hope you enjoy yourself.
Old 14 Aug 2021, 17:28 (Ref:4066693)   #1504
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well done Simon!
Old 14 Aug 2021, 17:50 (Ref:4066696)   #1505
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Simon right now:
Attached Thumbnails
Happy Bunny.jpg  
Old 14 Aug 2021, 18:06 (Ref:4066698)   #1506
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Congratulations, see you saturday.
Old 14 Aug 2021, 18:13 (Ref:4066701)   #1507
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Glad it worked out.
Old 14 Aug 2021, 19:16 (Ref:4066714)   #1508
Zwitter
Rookie

Zwitter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had better load his stuff in the camper then...
Old 14 Aug 2021, 19:16 (Ref:4066715)   #1509
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Simon right now:
Yep i am a very happy bunny
Old 14 Aug 2021, 21:26 (Ref:4066733)   #1510
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
amazing news simon! great save

bring shorts and some shelter from the sun, it’s going to be roasting! but also bring wellies and a brolly cause we don’t want to curse it

pleased to report that there were zero issues with recognising the pass sanitaire. turn up with confidence if vaccinated. if not, cannot recommend the saliva pcr for a multitude of reasons. insist on a swab.
Old 15 Aug 2021, 08:26 (Ref:4066761)   #1511
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The prediction of 'non sun' looks absolutly fabouless.
Good to read the TAC app works.
For those arriving early, please keep us informed about the changes from previous years cause I don't have much time to find out once I arrive.
Old 15 Aug 2021, 13:19 (Ref:4066830)   #1512
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Will arrive tomorrow late afternoon/early evening and will post updates once in a while.

Edit to say: just opened a thread to group all new things for this year in one place.
Old 15 Aug 2021, 16:43 (Ref:4066866)   #1513
Zwitter
Rookie

Zwitter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Will arrive tomorrow late afternoon/early evening and will post updates once in a while.

Edit to say: just opened a thread to group all new things for this year in one place.
Have a good trip Vince.

See you there. I'm basically packed already so feeling VERY ready for leaving Tuesday evening.

Just two days of work nonsense to get through and we're off!

I was showing some guests round my work today and one chap was telling me how envious he was that I'm going to Le Mans. It made me reaslise just how lucky I am.
Old 15 Aug 2021, 18:01 (Ref:4066889)   #1514
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwitter View Post
Have a good trip Vince.

See you there. I'm basically packed already so feeling VERY ready for leaving Tuesday evening.

Just two days of work nonsense to get through and we're off!

I was showing some guests round my work today and one chap was telling me how envious he was that I'm going to Le Mans. It made me reaslise just how lucky I am.
Well look out for us on the campsite, old vw campervan should stand out, but if not then meet on saturday morning is a must
Old 15 Aug 2021, 18:16 (Ref:4066897)   #1515
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Yes, bad news for all those attending the race, they gave me a new passport this morning so i will be there, and you might have to talk to me. Big thankyou to those that told me to keep trying to get the appointment.
Old 16 Aug 2021, 09:40 (Ref:4066985)   #1516
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ad
You have until tomorrow 9 pm BST (10 pm LM time) to post your predictions ! .......
Old 16 Aug 2021, 11:43 (Ref:4066995)   #1517
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Oh had forgotten that, doing now
Old 16 Aug 2021, 16:24 (Ref:4067047)   #1518
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does anyone know if they are still accepting good old cash money at the circuit for food/drink?

I know some places have gone contactless/card only during COVID.

I only ask as I've just found the best part of 80 Euros in coins!
Old 16 Aug 2021, 17:07 (Ref:4067057)   #1519
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well sounds like a result, buy some nice beer on the way down and wander over to our campsite and we will gladly help you drink it. But do pop over anyway
Old 16 Aug 2021, 18:07 (Ref:4067070)   #1520
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cheers Simon. Yeah hopefully they'll let us wonder around between sites.
Old 16 Aug 2021, 19:03 (Ref:4067080)   #1521
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Does anyone know if they are still accepting good old cash money at the circuit for food/drink?

I know some places have gone contactless/card only during COVID.

I only ask as I've just found the best part of 80 Euros in coins!
You are right but we don't know about that . 2 years ago they began to remove cash points for the benefit of card cahs desks. So due to covid I fear they impose the contactless card. A few years ago they tried with a card they gave you at the entrance and you had to refill as much as you ned to pay food and drink.
It was unsuccessful. But now..............
Old 16 Aug 2021, 20:07 (Ref:4067085)   #1522
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Ad
You have until tomorrow 9 pm BST (10 pm LM time) to post your predictions ! .......
There should be an additional category : Fun Cup pole position time

Anyone care to take a guess?
Old 17 Aug 2021, 12:42 (Ref:4067192)   #1523
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well all packed and ready to go, but not leaving for 3 hours so perhaps a little early.
Old 17 Aug 2021, 12:45 (Ref:4067196)   #1524
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, safe journey Simon and have a great time!
Old 17 Aug 2021, 13:00 (Ref:4067203)   #1525
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Well, safe journey Simon and have a great time!
Thank you Andrew, and let's hope net year you will be down there to greet me. Will say hello to those down there, camping with Vince and Dave plus all those at the meet. Journey down there will be relaxing as i think the top speed of the van is about 50, if we are going down hill with the win behind us. This time tomorrow we should be having a nice meal at the hotel de france and watching if any old cars turn up in the square this year.