Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Feb 2004, 09:03 (Ref:885954)   #1
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 Trivia Question

Here's a question to keep you busy - name twenty cigarrette brands that have appeared on Formula One cars since 1950. The prize ... nothing, just knowing you know F1 Tobacco Sponsorship better than anyone else.
Old 26 Feb 2004, 09:20 (Ref:885975)   #2
oziengineer
Racer

oziengineer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you want more trivia, check out the mclaren website, there is a good test. I got 9/10, pretty happy with that.
Old 26 Feb 2004, 09:35 (Ref:885996)   #3
melv
Rookie

melv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm.. new here

Anyway off the top of my head:

West
Camel
Malboro
Lucky Strike
Benson and Hedges
JPS
Mild Seven

Will do more later I suppose
Old 26 Feb 2004, 09:38 (Ref:885998)   #4
melv
Rookie

melv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Embassy
Old 26 Feb 2004, 09:39 (Ref:885999)   #5
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Rothmans
Gitanes

Too early to think any more...
Old 26 Feb 2004, 09:40 (Ref:886000)   #6
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Few more...Chesterfeild,Gold Leaf,Hollywood,Rothmans,Winfield,M&S,Gitanes,Imperial Tobacco,Viceroy
Old 26 Feb 2004, 09:47 (Ref:886004)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cabin, 555, Gauloises,
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 26 Feb 2004, 10:13 (Ref:886034)   #8
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Barclay
Old 26 Feb 2004, 10:15 (Ref:886036)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
hmm,

1. Marlboro,
2. West,
3. JPS,
4. Samson Shag (Tobacco),
5. Mild Seven,
6. Chesterfield,
7. Lucky Strike,
8. Gold Leaf
9. Benson and Hedges
10. Camel
11. Silk Cut (Certainly in Sportscars)
12. Rothmans
13. 555
14. Gauloise
15. Winfield
Old 26 Feb 2004, 10:32 (Ref:886052)   #10
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can we try booze or contraceptives now??
Old 26 Feb 2004, 12:16 (Ref:886163)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Durex Chevron. As practised in the British Gp by Tiff Needell in 1978 (?).
Old 26 Feb 2004, 12:21 (Ref:886170)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
is that the one that stopped the race being shown on telly?
Old 26 Feb 2004, 13:25 (Ref:886251)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
No that was the Surtees in 1976 (?)
Old 26 Feb 2004, 13:26 (Ref:886254)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Have a look here.

http://www.f1db.com/constructor/id/1976037
Old 26 Feb 2004, 13:28 (Ref:886258)   #15
Ryo28
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport, UK (and Leeds Uni)
Ryo28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Theres a pic here...

http://www.f1-legend.com/histoire/vo...urteests19.htm
Old 26 Feb 2004, 13:37 (Ref:886265)   #16
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cabin (Larrousse 1992&Tyrrell 1993)
Old 26 Feb 2004, 13:45 (Ref:886275)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
No that was the Surtees in 1976 (?)
ah, yes I think it was this one. I was still in nappies...
Old 26 Feb 2004, 14:04 (Ref:886296)   #18
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Was Gunston a cigarette brand?

And does Rizla count?
Old 26 Feb 2004, 14:16 (Ref:886308)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
ah, yes I think it was this one. I was still in nappies...
I had hair!
Old 26 Feb 2004, 14:40 (Ref:886329)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
:

Quote:
Originally posted by ensign14
Was Gunston a cigarette brand?

And does Rizla count?
Old 26 Feb 2004, 14:40 (Ref:886330)   #21
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I didn't then.
Quote:
Originally posted by ensign14
And does Rizla count?
I saw the Rizla Lady car at Silverstone for a TGP race. It escapes me what the car actual was at the moment in time (a March?). I'll dig out a picture then I'll remember (it was also featured in MotorSport not too long ago).

Last edited by Adam43; 26 Feb 2004 at 14:42.
Old 26 Feb 2004, 17:24 (Ref:886470)   #22
Ryo28
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport, UK (and Leeds Uni)
Ryo28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn't it a Hesketh? From '76 I think...
Old 26 Feb 2004, 17:32 (Ref:886480)   #23
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Villiger cigars :Shadow mid '70s
Old 26 Feb 2004, 17:41 (Ref:886486)   #24
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rizla was also on the RAM Marches of late 70's
Old 26 Feb 2004, 17:46 (Ref:886491)   #25
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
So do Rizla actually make fags or just papers?