Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 11 Feb 2011, 03:42 (Ref:2829461)   #26
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When I read that, I was like you've got to be kidding me. What a joke! That statement alone makes me not want to buy a Ford product.....

Ferrari F1 team must capitalize and make good a joke of this nonsense. They should buy two F-150 trucks, paint them red and have Alonso & Massa race them around Fiorano (Top Gear Style with crashes and nonsense) and have Fisichella win the race in a Toyota Tundra. Then say the F-150 won't win the World Championship, but 150th will or something like this. They really need to make a joke of this, because this really is an absurd scenario!

Last edited by Fiorentina 1; 11 Feb 2011 at 03:51.
Old 11 Feb 2011, 07:42 (Ref:2829496)   #27
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by willb View Post
The reason for the suit probably has more to due with the laws about trademarks than any monetary loss or reputation loss and is not something being done trivially by Ford. If Ford did not sue over Ferrari using F150 they would have possibly lost the trademark rights to the F-150 name Coca-Cola is very stringent over the use of the names Coca-cola and Coke. If they allowed Coke to be used for anything other than their own product than they would lose the trademark rights to it. If you order a coke to drink you will get Coca-Cola and not Pepsi, RC, or some other brand. Coca-Cola cannot trademark the word "Cola" as many other soft drink manufacturers use it in the name of their products. Two names of products that entered general use because their use wasn't properly protected are escalator and elevator.

Ford and Coca-Cola are not the only companies that threaten suit over anyone using the name of one of their products or intellectual property. See Formula ones threats over youtube postings or Gamesworkshop ordering free content posted by people who created it to enhance their games removed from the internet.
Yes you're absolutely right here. Its a necessary procedure that you must take in order to enforce the Mark you own.
Old 11 Feb 2011, 08:01 (Ref:2829504)   #28
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Yes you're absolutely right here. Its a necessary procedure that you must take in order to enforce the Mark you own.
Yep, I was gonna say that as well.

Just like how Jeep lost the copyright to the "trademark" 7 slat grille. Hummer had also used it for years and Jeep never said anything. By the time they sued, it was too late and they lost it.
Old 11 Feb 2011, 08:26 (Ref:2829520)   #29
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorentina 1 View Post
When I read that, I was like you've got to be kidding me. What a joke! That statement alone makes me not want to buy a Ford product.....

Ferrari F1 team must capitalize and make good a joke of this nonsense. They should buy two F-150 trucks, paint them red and have Alonso & Massa race them around Fiorano (Top Gear Style with crashes and nonsense) and have Fisichella win the race in a Toyota Tundra. Then say the F-150 won't win the World Championship, but 150th will or something like this. They really need to make a joke of this, because this really is an absurd scenario!
Now, this idea like (and I'm no Top Gear or Ferrari fan!)
Old 11 Feb 2011, 11:56 (Ref:2829588)   #30
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Even though I'm a Ferrari fan, I do kind of see this from Ford's point of view.

Which idiot at Ferrari thought it would be ok to call their car the same name as the biggest selling vehicle ... [Clarkson pause] ... in the world ???

This wouldn't have happened under Todt.

When I was told about this it was said Ford's biggest single gripe was Ferrari's use of the web url www(dot)F150(dot)com.
Old 11 Feb 2011, 18:20 (Ref:2829765)   #31
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
This is so nothing this story.... What next I wonder......
Rumour has it that General Dynamics are interested in having a few words with HRT.
Old 13 Feb 2011, 01:17 (Ref:2830331)   #32
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What a story, let's move on people...
Old 13 Feb 2011, 07:10 (Ref:2830417)   #33
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
What a story, let's move on people...
No.
Old 13 Feb 2011, 17:27 (Ref:2830642)   #34
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
It appears that Ford may have taken this a little too far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RNbbDRdvBw
Old 13 Feb 2011, 20:30 (Ref:2830717)   #35
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
It appears that Ford may have taken this a little too far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RNbbDRdvBw
Old 13 Feb 2011, 20:53 (Ref:2830728)   #36
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Those are ridiculous bling wheels - on the truck.
Old 13 Feb 2011, 21:27 (Ref:2830750)   #37
Oreti kid
Racer

New Zealand
Toowoomba
Oreti kid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ford Sues Ferrari!!!

Believe it or Not!!

FORD is suing Ferrari in Detroit, saying the sports car maker has violated its trademark over the pickup truck name F-150.
The US federal court suit is based on Ferrari's naming of its new Formula 1 racing car the F150, and its creation of the website www.ferrarif150.com.
Ford says that its trademark is being harmed, and the suit asks a judge to block Ferrari from using the trademark in the US.
Ford also seeks unspecified damages from Ferrari in the suit filed on Wednesday.
Ferrari's website says the F150 marks the 150th anniversary of the unification of Italy.
Old 13 Feb 2011, 23:35 (Ref:2830787)   #38
cmotd
Racer

Australia
cmotd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreti kid View Post
Believe it or Not!!

FORD is suing Ferrari in Detroit, saying the sports car maker has violated its trademark over the pickup truck name F-150.
The US federal court suit is based on Ferrari's naming of its new Formula 1 racing car the F150, and its creation of the website www.ferrarif150.com.
Ford says that its trademark is being harmed, and the suit asks a judge to block Ferrari from using the trademark in the US.
Ford also seeks unspecified damages from Ferrari in the suit filed on Wednesday.
Ferrari's website says the F150 marks the 150th anniversary of the unification of Italy.
lol, you're a bit slow off the mark m8 - that was a week ago, the problem was sorted within 2 days by Ferrari changing the name to F150th Italia
Old 14 Feb 2011, 03:09 (Ref:2830832)   #39
willb
Racer

willb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ferrari isn't the only italian car maker that had to change the name of one of its vehicles. The Lancia Monte Carlo had to be renamed the Lancia Scorpion when it was marketed in the United States due to Chevrolet having trademarked the name Monte Carlo for one of its cars.
Old 14 Feb 2011, 13:09 (Ref:2831005)   #40
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's all a bit of non-story here, no need to keep coming back...