Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Nov 2013, 07:40 (Ref:3334671)   #76
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Road relevance ? A term I believe is used "when it suits"
Old 21 Nov 2013, 09:52 (Ref:3334708)   #77
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Giorgio Piola's animation of what the 2014 cars may look like.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/v...o-7913407.html

Umm.. I think the F1 car in that animation looks much (much) better than some of the chassis' that will be on the grid next year.
Old 21 Nov 2013, 14:18 (Ref:3334787)   #78
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post

Umm.. I think the F1 car in that animation looks much (much) better than some of the chassis' that will be on the grid next year.
The car in that animation looks absolutely fine from an aesthetic perspective.

One thing that struck me looking at the low nose configuration is the effect of that car rear ending another. Unless the nose is completely crushed, it could act as a ramp allowing one car to go underneath the other - whereupon the driver's head would be used as a stop with frightening consequences (!)
Old 21 Nov 2013, 15:48 (Ref:3334809)   #79
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post

The animation is nicely done, except that as far as I can tell it just takes a 2013 style car and moves things around based upon 2014 spec vs. showing what a 2014 car might looks like? For example it just lowers a 2013 style platypus nose. I think that nose was likely thin and wide to allow air to flow under it. It made sense when it had a much more vertical orientation. But now as shown in that video (very wide) it would direct a large amount of air up over the top of the car.

Wasn't the entire start of this thread based upon the fact that it was thought that designers would not use a nose like that in 2014? So I take the car from the video with a grain of salt?

Richard
Old 21 Nov 2013, 16:48 (Ref:3334828)   #80
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Several grains, I suspect. But useful and interesting anyway. I'm hoping that there is hope yet........