Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Nov 2013, 16:07 (Ref:3330432)   #26
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Now Valsecchi basically WILL replace Kimi at Austin, unless Lotus (or Quantum) can cut a deal to steal the Hulk from Sauber.
Or possibly drivers from 2 other teams that may require contract remedy.
Old 12 Nov 2013, 17:48 (Ref:3330493)   #27
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ok, I know repeating Twitter rumours are bad, but I'm going to do it anyway this time to see if anyone can find anything else that might be out there to support or destroy these rumours.

PitlaneTalk (@KomivesP) says he has heard "Lotus have offered Hulkenburg the Kimi's seat for last 2 races of the season. Hulk's manager confirms talks are taking place."

PitlaneTalk (as above) says "Dairio Motorsport reports that Pastor Maldonado signed with Lotus for 2014. No concrete evidence at the moment to back the story."

There are other rumours focusing on Bruno Senna making a Lotus return for the last races.

Would/should Hulkenburg take the opportunity to race the Lotus for only 2 races if the offer came up?
If he did, would there be time for Sauber to get Sirotkin a superlicence or would they have to poach Kovalainen or someone?
Old 12 Nov 2013, 19:32 (Ref:3330543)   #28
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is all stupid. To avoid this sort of contract carnage they should at least let Valsecchi drive. He's been testing F1 cars since 2010 and is the 2012 GP2 champion. He knows what he's doing in a race car. And at the end of the day the Lotus is a great car, so why not give your reserve a chance. It will only help if this sort of issue comes up in the future.
Old 12 Nov 2013, 20:02 (Ref:3330556)   #29
el_cat
Racer

el_cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anybody other than Valsecchi taking the seat would be a huge risk for that other drivers reputation. At least Valsecchi knows the car and the team a bit and has a seat/pedal fitting.

A 2 race audition for the Hulk would likely end in disaster (unless, of course the deal is already signed), as the uninformed would be expecting miracles when all he would achieve is acclimatisation.
Old 12 Nov 2013, 21:01 (Ref:3330579)   #30
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bild is suggesting that Hulkenberg has turned down racing for Lotus for the last two races.

He has absolutely nothing to prove so it makes sense. Maldonado has apparently been offered it too.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 03:02 (Ref:3330679)   #31
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kovalainen is the best bet.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 10:01 (Ref:3330759)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Kovalainen is the best bet.
Why?
Old 13 Nov 2013, 10:18 (Ref:3330762)   #33
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lotus is 37 points behind the second place Mercedes and 26 points behind the third place Ferrari. Even catching Ferrari in just two races could be quite difficult, even if theoretically possible. I kind of doubt that Lotus could just pluck a driver out of obscurity from somewhere and then beat Mercedes or at least Ferrari in just two races. They should just give some junior driver a test and a chance to race for a couple of GPs.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 10:45 (Ref:3330771)   #34
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobP View Post
Lotus is 37 points behind the second place Mercedes and 26 points behind the third place Ferrari. Even catching Ferrari in just two races could be quite difficult, even if theoretically possible. I kind of doubt that Lotus could just pluck a driver out of obscurity from somewhere and then beat Mercedes or at least Ferrari in just two races. They should just give some junior driver a test and a chance to race for a couple of GPs.

Schumacher, if he could be persuaded is probably the best you could get, but then he's probably contracted to Mercedes!
Old 13 Nov 2013, 11:42 (Ref:3330791)   #35
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Schumacher, if he could be persuaded is probably the best you could get, but then he's probably contracted to Mercedes!
I thought about that too. Only JV could possibly save Lotus now.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 11:54 (Ref:3330794)   #36
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Worst post ever.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 12:04 (Ref:3330796)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Schumacher? JV? Wasn't it Jethro Tull who sang about 'Living in the Past?'
Old 13 Nov 2013, 12:04 (Ref:3330797)   #38
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DV will obviously get it, but would love to throw Frijns in there
Old 13 Nov 2013, 12:50 (Ref:3330815)   #39
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider View Post
but would love to throw Frijns in there
That might hurt his back.

But yes, surely this is Valsecchi's golden opportunity?
Old 13 Nov 2013, 13:32 (Ref:3330825)   #40
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Unless he bombs. But he doesn't seem to have any other opportunities to race in F1 looming. Let's hope he gets it and shows a reasonable turn of speed. Important for GP2 as a championship as well as for him personally.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 14:34 (Ref:3330847)   #41
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm starting to believe in Hulkenberg. It took me a while to be convinced by him, but with a handy Sauber he is starting to express his skills.

If they're having him in 2014, which is far from certain, it'd be far better to get him in there now.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 14:39 (Ref:3330851)   #42
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I'm starting to believe in Hulkenberg. It took me a while to be convinced by him, but with a handy Sauber he is starting to express his skills.

If they're having him in 2014, which is far from certain, it'd be far better to get him in there now.
Looks like he's turned down an offer to stand in for Kimi for the remainder of the season... article here.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 14:57 (Ref:3330858)   #43
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w View Post
Worst post ever.
all these years later and still no love for Jos the Boss!
Old 13 Nov 2013, 15:45 (Ref:3330871)   #44
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
If they do go for Kovalainen, interesting decision. Does it say anything about next year...?
Old 13 Nov 2013, 15:48 (Ref:3330875)   #45
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Kovy looks favourite for Lotus drive now that the Hulk has dropped out of the running, and Valsecchi is said to lack the experience needed to try to beat Ferrari in the constructors championship.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111274

Last edited by Marbot; 13 Nov 2013 at 15:55.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 19:04 (Ref:3330959)   #46
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone else think that Hulkenburg turning down the 2-race offer from Lotus means they may have told him not to expect to carry-on with them in 2014? So he wouldn't want to burn his Sauber bridges?

I think this may be Kovalainen's way of showing Caterham why they should rehire him, or at least to leave F1 with a bang.
He has nothing to lose in this situation.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 22:07 (Ref:3331017)   #47
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Anyone else think that Hulkenburg turning down the 2-race offer from Lotus means they may have told him not to expect to carry-on with them in 2014? So he wouldn't want to burn his Sauber bridges
My assumption is that Hulkenburg wanted a two race contract + 2014, with Lotus not offering it. I guess this means that either a) the promised investment in Lotus has still not arrived or b) the team has signed someone else for 2014 already. On reflection, possibly both may be applicable.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 23:17 (Ref:3331047)   #48
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If Heikki gets the seat, then I will be beyond happy. Heikki is a great driver even after getting that **** treatment (MY IMPRESSION, not any fact) at Mclaren. WSBR Championship and runner up in GP2 against Nico Rosberg must say ANYTHING atleast?

If he doesn't get it, then maybe he should consider going to the PGA tournament, LOL.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 23:19 (Ref:3331051)   #49
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111284

Seems likely, so: NO MORE GOLF HEIKKI!
Old 14 Nov 2013, 04:09 (Ref:3331112)   #50
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Right on! Gives me a reason to watch the last two races!