Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 6 Nov 2013, 15:03 (Ref:3328031)   #26
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it'd make for interesting headlines.. "nobody wins brazilian gp - after you, claude breaks out at finish line"
Old 7 Nov 2013, 05:40 (Ref:3328331)   #27
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe, just maybe, Vettel will let Webber win in Brasil? Why? Because he wants to get back on the good side of the fans, you know, the same people that he said he didn't care about post Malaysia. Only to then say he was hurt by all the booing he received by the fans since Malaysia.
Old 7 Nov 2013, 06:57 (Ref:3328341)   #28
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Maybe, just maybe, Vettel will let Webber win in Brasil? Why? Because he wants to get back on the good side of the fans, you know, the same people that he said he didn't care about post Malaysia. Only to then say he was hurt by all the booing he received by the fans since Malaysia.
Why should Vettel help Webber win?
For all the assistance he has given him as a team mate?

I do notice that Webber has been far more polite about Seb over the last few races though.
Old 7 Nov 2013, 07:02 (Ref:3328342)   #29
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post

I do notice that Webber has been far more polite about Seb over the last few races though.
Maybe he's hoping that Seb will buy him a retirement pressie ??
Old 7 Nov 2013, 11:52 (Ref:3328433)   #30
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Well, christmas is coming, maybe those good will feelings will move him...
Old 7 Nov 2013, 19:29 (Ref:3328572)   #31
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

I think Mark is probably just relaxed and happy about things now, looking forward to his exit and wants to end things as smoothly as he can. No point getting in another *****-slap with the boy wonder.

Who knows, he could be rewarded with a win if he plays it cool.
Old 7 Nov 2013, 19:31 (Ref:3328576)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
What, a pre-owned WDC trophy?

Then again, I suppose not. Far too difficult to wrap......
Old 10 Nov 2013, 22:25 (Ref:3329759)   #33
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I would be nice if Webber won one of the last races, but only if he earned it. Like: put the car on pole by a narrow margin, and just lead start to finish.
But I doubt that will happen.

I think
* Vettel will not let Webber win deliberately.
* Vettel will only let Webber win if told by his bosses
* Marko and Horner won't tell Vettel to let Webber win, Mateschitz might?
* Webber will not accept a given victory if it is too obvious
* Vettel won't let Webber win (in case he has to) unless he can make it an obvious gift
* there will not be 2 happy Red Bull drivers on the podium in Sao Paulo
Old 14 Nov 2013, 21:06 (Ref:3331450)   #34
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nah, seb wants to outdo shuey, and set a new record.

then will come the "hollywood style, we will miss him etc etc "

The B*#$#@*% will be trowelled on buy Seb, and He who speaks with fork tounge, Honer.

also this

http://www.news.com.au/sport/motor-s...-1226759408144
Old 14 Nov 2013, 21:13 (Ref:3331453)   #35
Dragger
Racer

Dragger has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I don't see Vettel letting Webber win, not one bit. I think even given team orders while leading a GP he wouldn't let him by for a win. What is anyone at RBR going to do if he doesn't follow team orders? Fire him? Nope.

I think the current RedBull car is designed and developed around Vettel, Vettel is in his prime, I don't see Webber beating him on the track without some sort of mechanical problem on Vettel's car.

Favorite Cars: Aston Martin Vantage, Ford GT40, Porsche Cayman, and anything not FWD ;)
Old 14 Nov 2013, 22:37 (Ref:3331504)   #36
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i dont see much reason for RB to issue that kind of order and risk alienating SV or risk exposing him to the public criticism of not following orders when he inevitably ignores it.

if anything if MW is ahead i would suspect RB giving him an order to let Seb past...at which point i expect MW would tell them where to stick that order.
Old 14 Nov 2013, 22:56 (Ref:3331510)   #37
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
i dont see much reason for RB to issue that kind of order and risk alienating SV or risk exposing him to the public criticism of not following orders when he inevitably ignores it.

if anything if MW is ahead i would suspect RB giving him an order to let Seb past...at which point i expect MW would tell them where to stick that order.
RBR has finished its championship business this year, and I doubt the care which of their drivers win now, as long as they don't take each other out.

The only possible way I can see Vettel giving Webber a win is if he decides that he did something wrong in disobeying the original team order not to pass Webber.

The next problem is that Webber actually needs to get himself into second position before Vettel could let him through for the win.

I really don't think that Vettel owes Webber anything, and I believe that the bad blood was brought to RBR by Webber trying to play mind games with Vettel, the bad relationship is largely of Webber's own making!
If Webber had behaved like he is now there wouldn't have been a problem in the first place!
Old 15 Nov 2013, 05:59 (Ref:3331619)   #38
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I believe that the bad blood was brought to RBR by Webber trying to play mind games with Vettel, the bad relationship is largely of Webber's own making!
If Webber had behaved like he is now there wouldn't have been a problem in the first place!
Exactly! That's why Webber is one of the most disliked F1 drivers on the grid. Is pretty much hated by, and get's no respect from his peers, or most of the F1 fans. Get's booed when he is on the podium, etc., etc.

It was ALL Webber's doing!
Old 15 Nov 2013, 07:10 (Ref:3331626)   #39
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
No one's gonna boo Ricciardo
Old 15 Nov 2013, 08:28 (Ref:3331648)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

I really don't think that Vettel owes Webber anything, and I believe that the bad blood was brought to RBR by Webber trying to play mind games with Vettel, the bad relationship is largely of Webber's own making!
I'm trying to work out whether you mean that or you really are trying to have a good joke with us!
Old 15 Nov 2013, 09:47 (Ref:3331671)   #41
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm trying to work out whether you mean that or you really are trying to have a good joke with us!
Given that Vettel was a new comer joining RBR and a virtual rookie and Webber was the established team leader and 11 years older, who do you honestly think set the tone of the relationship?

I can still clearly remember an interview with Webber after it was announced that Vettel would be joining RBR where Vettel was constantly called "the boy" by Webber. It grated on my nerves then, and I thought then that it was no way to establish a good relationship with a team mate!

It clearly wasn't!

Then Vettel was faster, game on!
Old 15 Nov 2013, 22:31 (Ref:3331954)   #42
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If the RBR retire and Heikki wins the race, then I will convert to Buddism.
Old 15 Nov 2013, 22:33 (Ref:3331956)   #43
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
No one's gonna boo Ricciardo
I doubt that, If He will be as dominant as Vettel have been the last 4 years then the booing will be as much.
Old 17 Nov 2013, 20:59 (Ref:3332713)   #44
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It won't happen now. RBR wanted Vettel to get 8 in a row and why not push for 9?
Old 17 Nov 2013, 21:01 (Ref:3332716)   #45
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't think it was ever going to happen. RBR wanted Vettel to get 8 in a row and why not push for 9?
Old 17 Nov 2013, 21:49 (Ref:3332746)   #46
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus666 View Post
I doubt that, If He will be as dominant as Vettel have been the last 4 years then the booing will be as much.
Vettel isn't being booed because he's winning all the time. We need to get rid of that myth.
Old 17 Nov 2013, 22:38 (Ref:3332768)   #47
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One left. It won't happen.
Old 17 Nov 2013, 23:05 (Ref:3332778)   #48
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Given that Vettel was a new comer joining RBR and a virtual rookie and Webber was the established team leader and 11 years older, who do you honestly think set the tone of the relationship?

I can still clearly remember an interview with Webber after it was announced that Vettel would be joining RBR where Vettel was constantly called "the boy" by Webber. It grated on my nerves then, and I thought then that it was no way to establish a good relationship with a team mate!

It clearly wasn't!

Then Vettel was faster, game on!
Webber was genuinely ridiculous. It was like he hadn't got over Fuji 2007 for some daft reason.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 00:02 (Ref:3332792)   #49
Catingaround
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Catingaround should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Vettel isn't being booed because he's winning all the time. We need to get rid of that myth.
but that is the real reason why he gets booed, if he wasn't dominating the sport nobody would care about whatever else they found annoying this week.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 00:26 (Ref:3332811)   #50
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
One left. It won't happen.
Boooooooo
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Closed Thread