Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score are you giving it?
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 2 3.33%
7 9 15.00%
6 13 21.67%
5 12 20.00%
4 9 15.00%
3 5 8.33%
2 4 6.67%
1 6 10.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Nov 2013, 20:10 (Ref:3332695)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the race: US Grand Prix, Austin, Texas

What score are you giving it?
Old 17 Nov 2013, 21:00 (Ref:3332715)   #2
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I give it a six. Not a great race, but an entertaining fight for P2 and some nice midfield battles. And an extra point for that pass from Bottas against Gutierrez.
Old 17 Nov 2013, 21:26 (Ref:3332726)   #3
blaffer
Racer

Belgium
Antwerp
blaffer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Four.
Old 17 Nov 2013, 21:29 (Ref:3332728)   #4
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
7.5: Really enjoyed that race. Great battles and great driving. And a great at the front. Great!
Old 17 Nov 2013, 21:35 (Ref:3332732)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Worse race ever. After watching that I curse the day the motor car was invented. Blast you Gottlieb.
Old 17 Nov 2013, 21:38 (Ref:3332735)   #6
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Just another parade...

Old 17 Nov 2013, 21:48 (Ref:3332745)   #7
Daniel Clarke
Rookie

United Kingdom
Snetterton, UK
Daniel Clarke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A three for me, pretty dire apart from a couple of mildly exciting overtakes.
Old 17 Nov 2013, 21:56 (Ref:3332749)   #8
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was ENTRANCED from start to finish.

So I gave it a 5.
Old 17 Nov 2013, 22:10 (Ref:3332758)   #9
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
An Abu Dhabi/10. Pretty much the same race with only cosmetic differences.
Old 17 Nov 2013, 22:23 (Ref:3332761)   #10
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1. Complete snorefest. I'd have given it a 0, but that's not an option.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 17 Nov 2013, 23:01 (Ref:3332775)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I quite enjoyed it, some good battles. 7.
Old 17 Nov 2013, 23:42 (Ref:3332788)   #12
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Race ??
A bit dire I thought.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 00:13 (Ref:3332798)   #13
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fell asleep twice, I do hope the tens of thousands going have a sense of humour, as really that was a bit embarrassing.

Anyone else feeling a bit put off by the love in over the radio afterwards?
Old 18 Nov 2013, 00:15 (Ref:3332800)   #14
Danny27
Rookie

Argentina
Buenos Aires
Danny27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I give it a six
Old 18 Nov 2013, 00:48 (Ref:3332818)   #15
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
A number of the passes had me on the edge of my seat, and punching the air - so better than many. Watching BBC highlights, so obviously not every lap, but didn't seem to miss much....

Those with the unrelentingly negative views seem to think any race that doesn't include a tooth and nail fight for first is a waste of time......obviously I don't share that view. Seemed to me that throughout the field - apart from 1st - there were battles that were worth watching. If you just want a fight for first, go watch X-factor.....its what you deserve.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 01:33 (Ref:3332834)   #16
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Some good and intriguing battles, on a great track that has elevation changes.

The whole GP and circuit just has a really fresh and polished look, and the girls - WOW!

7 for me, brilliantly organised!

Webber stalking RoGro and having his efforts repulsed was a classic F1 battle, even with DRS and tissue tyres!
Old 18 Nov 2013, 02:33 (Ref:3332851)   #17
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Totally brilliantly organized.

Gave it a 6. Not bad, some fun passes, Bottas vs Gutierrez was awesome.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 03:41 (Ref:3332872)   #18
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave the race a six, gave the eye candy a ten.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 08:09 (Ref:3332938)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
5. Moderately entertaining for the one or two overtakes on the run from T1 that weren't just push to pass. Stayed awake, even when watching the highlights at silly o'clock on the Beeb.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 08:33 (Ref:3332949)   #20
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
5 , Enjoyed it more than recent races despite the tyre management exercises and 2 DRS zones but at least they were not one after another . Just concentrating on RoGro , Bottas and the Hulk made the race more enjoyable . What a great track !
Old 18 Nov 2013, 09:01 (Ref:3332962)   #21
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only 4.

The race was below average, and even that assessment is biased, because I am an American. The winner of Korea, Japan, and India was also known months in advance, but those were better races. I can't blame the race track for that. The season is ending and most teams shifted focus to the next year.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 09:01 (Ref:3332963)   #22
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dire, worst race of the season.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 09:07 (Ref:3332970)   #23
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Awful borefest... worst in quite a while.

0/10 from me.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 09:24 (Ref:3332975)   #24
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Must rank as one of the most boring Formula One races I have ever watched.

Had it been on during the afternoon at least I could have had a snooze but being forced to watch it on a sky feed on a Sunday evening listening to Croft's inane commentary really made me grumpy.

Even Brundle "Who's that pretty little girl...?" was below par.

I feel sorry for anyone who bought a ticket and travelled hundreds of miles to get sunburn. Roll on 2014.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 09:39 (Ref:3332980)   #25
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Anyone else feeling a bit put off by the love in over the radio afterwards?

yes, it was cringe-worthy, more suited to a hair-dresser winning some sort of ponsy hair-styling competition

He drives well though, I give him that, but oh how I would have enjoyed the last 4 years if Alonso was in that other Red Bull.