Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 24 Oct 2014, 11:51 (Ref:3467918)   #101
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole View Post
I have read rumors that Engstler is developing the Golf while JAS is preparing a customer Honda. Both would make a lot of sense and would prove that Lotti gets a lot of faith from within the touring car world.
From what I've heard, Liqui Moly only wants to support Engstler, if he's running a German car. But Engstler and Volkswagen? I'm not so sure about that, given that the Volkswagen AG likes do everything under their own roof, thus trying to avoid bringing in outsiders like Engstler as much as possible.

And JAS preparing some Hondas? I doubt that they'd be too keen on sticking their fingers into two pies, given their lack of success in the WTCC so far. But maybe JAS will move over to TC3, while selling their remaining TC1-Hondas to customers?

Either way, TC3 seems to be onto something and they have some serious potential to pick up the shambles that is the European touring car scene. While the series organisation is a bit rocky and while we don't have a schedule yet, we have at least a set of technical regulations, which is always good, as it gives potential teams something to work with. But it remains to be seen what can be made out of this potential.
Old 24 Oct 2014, 13:45 (Ref:3467952)   #102
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS" View Post
And JAS preparing some Hondas? I doubt that they'd be too keen on sticking their fingers into two pies, given their lack of success in the WTCC so far. But maybe JAS will move over to TC3, while selling their remaining TC1-Hondas to customers?
JAS has experience running multiple programs, in the past they also ran rally programs next to their touringcar efforts.
Old 24 Oct 2014, 14:04 (Ref:3467953)   #103
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Franz is preparing a Golf TC3 as he couldn't transform RLM's Cruze into an Opel. That is not a rumour but a fact to be announced.
Old 24 Oct 2014, 14:28 (Ref:3467959)   #104
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel View Post
JAS has experience running multiple programs, in the past they also ran rally programs next to their touringcar efforts.
Indeed J.A.S. are also involved with Honda in the CTCC at the moment, as they have been previously.
Old 24 Oct 2014, 18:26 (Ref:3468015)   #105
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Franz is preparing a Golf TC3 as he couldn't transform RLM's Cruze into an Opel. That is not a rumour but a fact to be announced.
Well, there isn't much difference between a rumour and a fact that still has to be announced. For example, a move of Sebastian Vettel to Ferrari is also a rumour, until both parties confirm their deal .
Old 24 Oct 2014, 18:58 (Ref:3468027)   #106
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
DTM should have done a C-segment touring car championship featuring the Audi A3, BMW 1er and Mercedes A-Klasse, not another one-make cup.
Old 31 Oct 2014, 15:56 (Ref:3470274)   #107
hcch
Rookie

hcch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TC3 INTERNATIONAL SERIES UNVEILS 2015 PROVISIONAL CALENDAR

http://www.tc3internationalseries.co...ional-calendar

Last event still TBC but in 2015-11, an Asia Race, will be Macau?
Old 31 Oct 2014, 18:02 (Ref:3470293)   #108
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcch View Post
TC3 INTERNATIONAL SERIES UNVEILS 2015 PROVISIONAL CALENDAR

http://www.tc3internationalseries.co...ional-calendar

Last event still TBC but in 2015-11, an Asia Race, will be Macau?
November, must be Macau, especially with the rumours this will be the last WTCC race.
Old 31 Oct 2014, 23:55 (Ref:3470371)   #109
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It has to be Macau and I bet Lotti paid more to oust WTCC. He seems to have money to throw around, after all those GP supports don't come cheap. On the other hand no matter if the cars are relatively cheap going back and forth to Asia will send budgets sky high.
Old 7 Nov 2014, 11:05 (Ref:3472460)   #110
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
http://www.touringcartimes.com/2014/...c3-with-honda/

JAS to build TC3 spec Hondas... West Coast Racing from Sweden are the first confirmed customer for three cars.
Old 7 Nov 2014, 12:22 (Ref:3472475)   #111
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seats, Engstler VW's, JAS Honda's, Arena Fords; TC3 sure is shaping up!
Old 7 Nov 2014, 13:04 (Ref:3472483)   #112
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Are the Engstler VWs officially official?
Old 7 Nov 2014, 18:13 (Ref:3472566)   #113
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Lotti seems to have still a lot of friends...
Old 7 Nov 2014, 18:16 (Ref:3472567)   #114
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He did make a bit of a pig's ear of the WTCC, but on first glance, TC3 seems to be better. Certainly the take up seems to vindicate the concept at this stage... time will tell I guess.
Old 7 Nov 2014, 21:09 (Ref:3472607)   #115
Pettersson
Racer

Sweden
Pettersson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm starting to get some "FIA Class II" vibes. Many national championships besides the global TC3 already in year one. I'm surprised but happy about the interest so far. I never thought West Coast Racing would be able to do this, and definately not in a Honda. TC3 in STCC from 2016? I wish them the best of luck, but too bad they might not use a Swedish driver.

Only a matter of time until we see a customer TC3 car from BMW?
Old 7 Nov 2014, 21:18 (Ref:3472612)   #116
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Many national championships besides the global TC3 already in year one
Well, two by my count (Asia and Portugal).

Belgian promotor Kronos has reversed their decision to cancel the national GT-championship, instead electing to go with GT-Cup and slower cars only. So the plans for a TC3 series in 2016 might be on hold as well now.

Other European markets like Denmark or Germany (Procar) just have switched to new rulesets or are in the process of doing so, so a switch to TC3 is probably at least a few years off.
Old 7 Nov 2014, 22:24 (Ref:3472628)   #117
Metzo
Racer

Germany
Berlin
Metzo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel View Post
Seats, Engstler VW's, JAS Honda's, Arena Fords; TC3 sure is shaping up!
West Coast Racing is the only team confirmed so far, arena and engstler are just rumors.
Old 7 Nov 2014, 22:36 (Ref:3472633)   #118
Pettersson
Racer

Sweden
Pettersson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Well, two by my count (Asia and Portugal).

Belgian promotor Kronos has reversed their decision to cancel the national GT-championship, instead electing to go with GT-Cup and slower cars only. So the plans for a TC3 series in 2016 might be on hold as well now.

Other European markets like Denmark or Germany (Procar) just have switched to new rulesets or are in the process of doing so, so a switch to TC3 is probably at least a few years off.
OK, I've missed that Belgium might be out for the moment. But 1 national + 1 regional + 1 global already is a good start. Let's hope it delivers great racing and diversity on the grid.

How many countries runs (or is about to run) the new Leon Supercup? They might develop into TC3 in just a few years when there are more cars and different models on the market.
Old 7 Nov 2014, 22:46 (Ref:3472639)   #119
Speed-King
Veteran

I think Italy would be a likely candiate. Maybe not for a full series but for a class in Turismo Endurance (which actually isn't an endurance series at all). They've been struggling for entries this year, but there have been quite a few Seats (both old and new) in the series. With JAS on board as well now, there might be a bit of a push towards full-TC-3 for the top class, which could either kill or jump start the series.
Old 8 Nov 2014, 07:27 (Ref:3472732)   #120
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metzo View Post
West Coast Racing is the only team confirmed so far, arena and engstler are just rumors.

Target confirmed a Seat entry and the Onyx (not Arena) Ford development is also confirmed. Then there is Coloni who confirmed intentions of running Seats, and Engstler saying that TC1 isn't an option for 2015 but TC3 is. While those last two aren't sure untill they're confirmed they're definitely more than just rumors.
Old 8 Nov 2014, 08:49 (Ref:3472747)   #121
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pettersson View Post
I'm starting to get some "FIA Class II" vibes. Many national championships besides the global TC3 already in year one. I'm surprised but happy about the interest so far. I never thought West Coast Racing would be able to do this, and definately not in a Honda. TC3 in STCC from 2016? I wish them the best of luck, but too bad they might not use a Swedish driver.

Only a matter of time until we see a customer TC3 car from BMW?
No STCC has extended their commitment to SoutionF, unless it collapses with single digit entries it wont happend.

I actually think its good they will run foreign drivers, build a stable team around international drivers and sponsors for an international serie is the only way. Had they taken their STCC drivers and sponsors over to TC3 I would have been very worried, and only giving them one year until they run out of founds.
Old 8 Nov 2014, 09:01 (Ref:3472752)   #122
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Looks promising but I am not sure this very international schedule is the right choice (€€€).
Old 8 Nov 2014, 11:02 (Ref:3472783)   #123
iceman-1987
Veteran

Italy
milan
iceman-1987 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder how many cars will be on the grid in 2015 moreover i'd like to know if the current seat leon which run in seat leon supercopa needs some change or if the tecnichal regulament allow to partecipate already like this.
Old 8 Nov 2014, 20:45 (Ref:3472901)   #124
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Lotti gave a load of money to get F1 support slots then for sure he will help his teams of choice to fill the grid. But anyway for TC3 rules to succeed the most important aspect is to adopted by as many national or regional markets as possible.
Old 17 Nov 2014, 13:15 (Ref:3475777)   #125
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't be surprised to see Franz Engstler turn up in TC3 2015...