Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Jun 2017, 11:28 (Ref:3745737)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
11th Team For 2018?

There have been snippets of noise around an extra F1 team running from next season. Nobody seemed to confirm ANYTHING until now...

China F1 Racing Team Ltd

Real or urban myth?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 21 Jun 2017, 13:28 (Ref:3745786)   #2
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well let's hope if it's true they do better than others. We need more teams, but they need to be good enough as well
Old 21 Jun 2017, 13:57 (Ref:3745788)   #3
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Can't believe a team could go from nothing - a holding company - to being on the grid in March 2018.
Old 21 Jun 2017, 14:23 (Ref:3745795)   #4
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's almost unpossible for 2018.

And I doubt we'll see a new team in the next 2 or 3 years.
Old 21 Jun 2017, 15:02 (Ref:3745801)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
not 2018, it's too late for that but it's likely in 2019.
Old 21 Jun 2017, 15:14 (Ref:3745803)   #6
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Likely?
Old 21 Jun 2017, 17:45 (Ref:3745834)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i've heard that the recruitment process will start in a few months (source: people who have been sounded out to be headhunted). if you then apply a bit of common sense to that, once you've included various gardening leave periods will leave them with a solid, experienced staff base to start work on a car at the start of 2018... in time for the 2019 season.

mr saward suggests they've been indiscrete. it's impossible to BE discrete in motorsport. everybody knows everybody elses business.
Old 21 Jun 2017, 21:46 (Ref:3745875)   #8
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
And some things never change. Let a new game begin.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 02:12 (Ref:3745899)   #9
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I must pay the paltry sum needed to start up a company, create mayhem in the press and win my two minutes of fame....

It might be a company used to buy out/support an existing team. Force India swappin' flags for China perhaps. Or Sauber getting bought over.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 06:21 (Ref:3745940)   #10
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it's a new team. I don't think it'll be next year, though, that they debut.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 07:08 (Ref:3745950)   #11
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
The only way they could be on the grid for 2018 would be to buy an existing team and re-name it.

Getting personnel, setting up factory, designing the car, building it etc would take longer than the time available between now and the start of the 2018 season. Not to mention the FIA stipulation on application period mentioned in the linked article - 2019 would be the earliest possible for a new team.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 07:22 (Ref:3745953)   #12
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
With there being Force India and Torro Rosso (apparently) up for sale, I don't understand why someone would take the harder option of starting a totally new team from scratch? Even if the team location isn't considered as ideal, surely that could be relocated as the really valuable parts of the team are the entry and the history (said with the greatest of respect for the companies employees).
Old 22 Jun 2017, 09:49 (Ref:3745989)   #13
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Director is a Michael Orts, and this Company was set up in 2003. He runs Gold Door Builders Ltd too...

Last edited by djinvicta; 22 Jun 2017 at 09:51. Reason: Wrong date
Old 22 Jun 2017, 11:27 (Ref:3746006)   #14
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
did anyone see simon dolan stirring it on twitter yesterday?
Old 22 Jun 2017, 13:02 (Ref:3746038)   #15
Formulahistory
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Director is a Michael Orts, and this Company was set up in 2003. He runs Gold Door Builders Ltd too...
he was also sports car racing driver, last time in the sports car winter series 2009/2010 with an Oreca-Chevrolet FLM09 for the team of former F1 driver Thierry Boutsen.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 14:53 (Ref:3746065)   #16
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2018 seems unlikely but teams have started up in less time no?

if starting from scratch though, i would prefer to see a proper attempt/slow build up and build a prototype and spend some time testing before officially entering much like Toyota did.

while Haas looks like it will have some longevity to it, the HRT, Caterham, Virgin/Manor, US GP model of rushing to the grid all ended in varying degrees of failure so hopefully some lessons have been learned.

with the mention of 'Chinese money' behind the deal i wonder if a Chinese auto brand will also be involved?
Old 22 Jun 2017, 15:11 (Ref:3746070)   #17
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Will it have "Made in China" on the rear wing??
Old 22 Jun 2017, 15:19 (Ref:3746074)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
The only way they could be on the grid for 2018 would be to buy an existing team and re-name it.

Getting personnel, setting up factory, designing the car, building it etc would take longer than the time available between now and the start of the 2018 season. Not to mention the FIA stipulation on application period mentioned in the linked article - 2019 would be the earliest possible for a new team.
Those blokes from USF1 are still around... oh wait..
Old 22 Jun 2017, 15:59 (Ref:3746082)   #19
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Welcome back Ron Dennis....
Old 22 Jun 2017, 16:06 (Ref:3746085)   #20
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Welcome back Ron Dennis....
that would be amazing!
Old 22 Jun 2017, 19:14 (Ref:3746134)   #21
Formulahistory
Veteran

There is also a former Italian driver Edi Gay involved in the project. He was driving GT races with Michel Orts back in 2003 and 2004. For example with a Porsche 911 GT3 RS and Ferrari 360 GT.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 20:24 (Ref:3746142)   #22
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Will it have "Made in China" on the rear wing??
Yes, a gold sticker placed on crooked. A piece of paper with "Inspected by #47" floating around the footwell too.
Old 23 Jun 2017, 10:06 (Ref:3746223)   #23
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Force China, ran by a star management team of Ron Dennis, Flavio Briatore, Bernie Eccelstone and Colin Kolles.
Old 25 Jun 2017, 10:10 (Ref:3746587)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Force China, ran by a star management team of Ron Dennis, Flavio Briatore, Bernie Eccelstone and Colin Kolles.
With the kinds of salaries those blokes would be looking for, there won't be any money to build the car...
Old 25 Jun 2017, 10:40 (Ref:3746591)   #25
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
With the kinds of salaries those blokes would be looking for, there won't be any money to build the car...
Nevermind. Dennis has the blueprints to the 2017 Ferrari so building a winning copy is going to be cheap $$'s. Briatore will organise it so that one of the drivers will win a race - which means points - which equals $$'s. Ecclestone will be behind a big $$'s bribery scandal involving Liberty Media, and Colin Kolles will record it and blackmail Chase Carey for more $$'s. It's the perfect management team you could ask for a new team really.