Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Jan 2018, 22:03 (Ref:3792376)   #51
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
23RED Eyes Super2

...without a chassis or driver or sponsor or program

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 12 Jan 2018, 22:59 (Ref:3792381)   #52
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
All Change At 23Red... already

- McConville Out
- Crawford In
- Porsche Out

All three things are smart moves IMHO.

Clearly the team is getting itself sorted under the new ownership structure and rather than sticking with everything said at the launch, are discarding bits that are unlikely to deliver or which complicate life. At the same time they're improving their situation and knocking off a job list.

A bit of continuity (if it can be delivered) will help this team no end.
Old 12 Jan 2018, 23:25 (Ref:3792386)   #53
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
All Change At 23Red... already

- McConville Out
- Crawford In
- Porsche Out

So McConville might be seen driving again (how many un-retirements would that be for him now?)
Old 12 Jan 2018, 23:55 (Ref:3792392)   #54
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
All three things are smart moves IMHO.

Clearly the team is getting itself sorted under the new ownership structure and rather than sticking with everything said at the launch, are discarding bits that are unlikely to deliver or which complicate life. At the same time they're improving their situation and knocking off a job list.

A bit of continuity (if it can be delivered) will help this team no end.
Sure, but why launch with them the other way?
Old 13 Jan 2018, 00:09 (Ref:3792395)   #55
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Sure, but why launch with them the other way?
Probably because they knew once they'd agreed the deals, information would leak, so the launch was done.

Then they got into the detail of how they wanted to run the team and the capabilities in place.

If they'd done it the other way round, they'd only be launching about now, probably after leaks and various people rolling their eyes and saying "well we all KNEW that already".

It also sounds to me like Mr Munday is taking more direct control of what the team does - maybe more that was originally envisioned?
Old 13 Jan 2018, 01:58 (Ref:3792398)   #56
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
There have been several AA articles recently about Zagame racing, which included Mr Crawford and Mr McConville, and Mr Munday as financier/sponsor of some of that activity.

Then we see it all move, virtually unchanged, from Zagame to 23RED.

Just seems odd is all..
Old 14 Jan 2018, 13:22 (Ref:3792668)   #57
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Old 15 Jan 2018, 01:56 (Ref:3792777)   #58
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So tee-ing off at the media is the new flavour of the month?
Old 15 Jan 2018, 02:23 (Ref:3792784)   #59
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
So tee-ing off at the media is the new flavour of the month?
Seems like it.

Its not like Mr McConville wasn’t aware of the time commitment of the role thoygh, as a full time pilot for years.
Old 15 Jan 2018, 05:12 (Ref:3792806)   #60
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
Its not like Mr McConville wasn’t aware of the time commitment of the role thoygh, as a full time pilot for years.
A driver having any real idea about what is involved with running the team they drive for?

There'd be very few who actually know although it's POSSIBLE that Mr McConville may be one of them.
Old 15 Jan 2018, 05:14 (Ref:3792807)   #61
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
A driver having any real idea about what is involved with running the team they drive for?

There'd be very few who actually know although it's POSSIBLE that Mr McConville may be one of them.
He did run his own GT program in a Porsche for Warwick Fabrics one year...
Old 15 Jan 2018, 05:23 (Ref:3792808)   #62
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you go waaaay back to the early '90s, he was mentored and employed by a few money men of the ATCC at the time.

Not exactly green to running businesses, motor racing or otherwise.
Old 15 Jan 2018, 08:19 (Ref:3792816)   #63
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does he still own his JAX Tyres franchise?
Old 15 Jan 2018, 08:36 (Ref:3792820)   #64
Umai Naa
Veteran

Last I heard, he had a couple of them.
Old 16 Jan 2018, 03:05 (Ref:3793033)   #65
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Last I heard, he had a couple of them.
Does he, I thought he sold.
Old 16 Jan 2018, 03:35 (Ref:3793035)   #66
Umai Naa
Veteran

I had no idea he'd sold up.

So that's two pieces of the puzzle...
Old 16 Jan 2018, 09:11 (Ref:3793058)   #67
My Name Is Dwight
Rookie

My Name Is Dwight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He is def out of JAX
Quit F4
Quit driving for LDM
Zagame?
Quit running 23Red before he tarted basically
Did he not start and stop driving Carerra Cup one year?

He seems to like the press releases but not the work involved!
Old 9 Feb 2018, 11:27 (Ref:3799833)   #68
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 9 Feb 2018, 12:03 (Ref:3799846)   #69
Umai Naa
Veteran

Seems excessive for a one car team.

Not that it matters, as it'll be folded in half, and jammed in next to pit entry like every other year in Adelaide.
Old 9 Feb 2018, 12:27 (Ref:3799855)   #70
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Seems excessive for a one car team.
I'm probably going to be horribly wrong on this, but I think I can recall reading that Supercar teams needed to have a B Double transporter.
Old 9 Feb 2018, 14:48 (Ref:3799917)   #71
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
I'm probably going to be horribly wrong on this, but I think I can recall reading that Supercar teams needed to have a B Double transporter.
Mr Blanchard’s Cooldrive car still makes do with only the ex-PWR B-trailer from the Britek days...
Old 9 Feb 2018, 21:22 (Ref:3800082)   #72
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
I thought so too, but apparently not the case.
Old 9 Feb 2018, 23:23 (Ref:3800115)   #73
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
Mr Blanchard’s Cooldrive car still makes do with only the ex-PWR B-trailer from the Britek days...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa
I thought so too, but apparently not the case.
Would the Cooldrive car "get away" with it because it's the third BJR car, which would already have a B-double for the other two?

If there isn't a rule, it'd be a good bit of promo then if a team trailered the cars in on an open trailer behind a Ute packed with some mock spares to the Sandown 500 heritage round.
Old 10 Feb 2018, 00:26 (Ref:3800127)   #74
Umai Naa
Veteran

There's no rule around needing an A-trailer.
Old 10 Feb 2018, 03:00 (Ref:3800140)   #75
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The McConville zipper livery Warwick Commodore would suggest car preparation skills, no?