Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Jul 2018, 04:35 (Ref:3835315)   #26
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
gtcapri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
You do realise they have a director in their ear prompting them, don't you?

Unfortunately for Ms Crehan, she isn't allowed the freedom of some of the other reporters.
Which is probably an indicator why the entire production needs a major overhaul and revamp. If the forced ditzy reporting from the female contingent isnt demeaning enough, there are too many in-jokes, too much fluff and too much focus on the same team(s) and drivers. They could probably start with a reshuffle of the commentary team.
Old 8 Jul 2018, 04:37 (Ref:3835316)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcapri View Post
Which is probably an indicator why the entire production needs a major overhaul and revamp. If the forced ditzy reporting from the female contingent isnt demeaning enough, there are too many in-jokes, too much fluff and too much focus on the same team(s) and drivers. They could probably start with a reshuffle of the commentary team.
With Mr Lowndes now a part of the furniture...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 8 Jul 2018, 04:43 (Ref:3835318)   #28
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Red Bull front row lockout, McLaughlin back in 7th. Gotta feel for Scotty, he's fighting a lone hand without a team mate to take points or grid spots off the opposition.
Old 8 Jul 2018, 04:49 (Ref:3835320)   #29
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I'll agree the whole thing needs a shake up, but I don't agree with your personal attacks.
Old 8 Jul 2018, 04:57 (Ref:3835324)   #30
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"Tickford rejoicing a Top Ten like it's a win"

How the mighty have fallen.
Old 8 Jul 2018, 05:31 (Ref:3835329)   #31
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It was a lot better before Skaife came along, and then Ingall. Skaife's technical knowledge is good, but too often the jokes take over. Compton is a lot more professional because he's a career journo, not just an ex-race car driver. Dump the blond piece and get someone who actually has a clue about cars and racing in there. Will reserve comment until he's settled into the commentary gig on Lowndes, but hope he doesn't get caught up with Skaife and Ingall.
Old 8 Jul 2018, 05:44 (Ref:3835330)   #32
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
Quote:
I'll agree the whole thing needs a shake up, but I don't agree with your personal attacks.
Personal attack on who?
The two blondes are given the same lame and ditzy jobs which most females are given in motorsport which is often demeaning to them professionally, and the two in the booth spend too much time focused on the same people, teams and in jokes. The support card is sterile, and the whole production is stale and past its used by date. There's enough commentators there to at least shuffle them around to see who's the better fit.
Old 8 Jul 2018, 05:47 (Ref:3835331)   #33
Dixon9
Rookie

Dixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 'blonde pieces' have names champion.

Moving on from wahhhs about the girls, Fabian Coulthard must be in the fast lane to being fired. He won a race a few rounds ago but has little else to show this year. He desperately needs a string of podiums.
Old 8 Jul 2018, 05:58 (Ref:3835333)   #34
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
Can you imagine trying to get men in the commentary booth of the netball? It'd never happen because try and find a bloke that knows the ins and outs of netball? Yet we get stuck with a Barbie Doll who doesn't know a driveshaft from a crankshaft. Mind you with the corporate netball leagues etc there's probably a fair number of blokes who do know the netball deal. Surely there's some women out there who know motorsport, so why do we have to put up with one of the drivers' bit's of fluff? She's not even a looker!!

I don't mind Jess Yates so much because she asks intelligent questions and doesn't point out the blindingly obvious, and doesn't sound like a pre-programmed robot.
Old 8 Jul 2018, 05:58 (Ref:3835334)   #35
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixon9 View Post
The 'blonde pieces' have names champion.

Moving on from wahhhs about the girls, Fabian Coulthard must be in the fast lane to being fired. He won a race a few rounds ago but has little else to show this year. He desperately needs a string of podiums.
Having difficulty reading champ? If your going to quote me point out where I said 'blonde pieces'...champ. Their names don't matter because regardless of which female they put there, their reporting is usually unnecessary fluff, especially Kate Peck's.

Coulthard will be gone season end. Chaz might be looking good for a drive at DJR/Penske.
Old 8 Jul 2018, 06:03 (Ref:3835335)   #36
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Kate Peck
Peckstar - not so much of a star though, more of a dud. Another piece we have to endure
Old 8 Jul 2018, 06:05 (Ref:3835336)   #37
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Coulthard will be gone season end. Chaz might be looking good for a drive at DJR/Penske.
I agree with your line of thinking re Coulthard. Interesting comment re Chaz, when does his contract expire?
Old 8 Jul 2018, 06:07 (Ref:3835337)   #38
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe you pair should give them back their handbags, instead of swinging them around in here?
Old 8 Jul 2018, 06:10 (Ref:3835340)   #39
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Maybe you pair should give them back their handbags, instead of swinging them around in here?
I know you're looking at me, but I've got thick skin so I can take it
Old 8 Jul 2018, 06:11 (Ref:3835341)   #40
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
I agree with your line of thinking re Coulthard. Interesting comment re Chaz, when does his contract expire?
Contract expires?? Since when has fulfilling your contract has been a binding issue in sport these days! I wouldn't be surprised if he has a 'performance clause' somewhere in his existing one?
Old 8 Jul 2018, 06:13 (Ref:3835342)   #41
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
Quote:
Again, where was my personal attack and on whom in particular? You seem to apt at dishing out personal attacks though. Grow up.
Old 8 Jul 2018, 06:56 (Ref:3835346)   #42
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
‘NostraNeilUs’
Old 8 Jul 2018, 07:46 (Ref:3835353)   #43
Dixon9
Rookie

Dixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Having difficulty reading champ? If your going to quote me point out where I said 'blonde pieces'...champ. Their names don't matter because regardless of which female they put there, their reporting is usually unnecessary fluff, especially Kate Peck's.

was referring to the other character, hence i didn't quote you. you're not helping your case though

i'd definitely be scouting young fast blokes in crap cars if i were DJR. Mostert would definitely be on that list.
Old 8 Jul 2018, 08:43 (Ref:3835362)   #44
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixon9 View Post
was referring to the other character, hence i didn't quote you. you're not helping your case though

i'd definitely be scouting young fast blokes in crap cars if i were DJR. Mostert would definitely be on that list.
Your post was directly after mine hence the reply. Help your own case and quote the post your directing the reply to, champ.

Chaz would be a good fit, again if contract obligations aren't a problem and they usually aren't. Chances are they already have the problem sorted. Then again they could also be happy with Fabians performance.
Old 8 Jul 2018, 08:48 (Ref:3835364)   #45
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Meantime, the house of 8’s are back, smacking them.. again..

And the Penskes can’t seem to convert to race wins.

And the retiring fella still has his race craft...
Old 8 Jul 2018, 08:59 (Ref:3835368)   #46
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 8 Jul 2018, 09:28 (Ref:3835376)   #47
Umai Naa
Veteran

He's had a pretty rough weekend.

One can only wonder when he'll catch a break?
Old 8 Jul 2018, 09:32 (Ref:3835379)   #48
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
He's had a pretty rough weekend.

One can only wonder when he'll catch a break?
Got the old bomb up to 15th on merit most of his first stint. The potential might just be starting to show
Old 8 Jul 2018, 10:13 (Ref:3835387)   #49
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 8 Jul 2018, 13:10 (Ref:3835417)   #50
Umai Naa
Veteran

https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/07/08...bearable-pain/