Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 Jan 2012, 18:55 (Ref:3014670)   #1501
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My sincere apologies if this has been posted before. It's been a pretty crazy week on this forum with all the news and I can't remember what I've read on here before and what I have not. Anyway, OAK's general manager Francois Sicard seems to have left OAK to take the general manager position at DAMS. I wonder what OAK will do and also if this may have any influence on DAMS' Le Mans goals.

http://www.autohebdo.fr/monoplaces/m...n-projet-lmp2-
Old 22 Jan 2012, 10:47 (Ref:3015237)   #1502
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Tokai Univ carried out the final demonstration run at Fuji today.
Their Le Mans project was ended today.
http://as-web.jp/news/info.php?c_id=6&no=38677

Old 22 Jan 2012, 10:55 (Ref:3015241)   #1503
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
That's sad but also a happy moment going by the looks on the faces of those in the pics. The project has given some people some really valuable experience in international motorsport. Where to now for the car?
Old 22 Jan 2012, 11:04 (Ref:3015244)   #1504
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Old 22 Jan 2012, 11:46 (Ref:3015260)   #1505
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Big news!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dr. Hayashi never die!!!!!!

Dr. Yoshimasa Hayashi announced the new Le Mans project today.
Project name is "L-SHV project."
He ties up with YGK and participates in Le Mans with new engine.
"S-HV system" is an exhaust energy regeneration system.
They plan to do race participation in Europe in 2013, and to do LM24 participation in 2014.
This project is unrelated to Tokai University.
http://as-web.jp/news/info.php?c_id=6&no=38678

Last edited by Japanese Samurai; 22 Jan 2012 at 11:54.
Old 22 Jan 2012, 22:39 (Ref:3015486)   #1506
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
Big news!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They plan to do race participation in Europe in 2013, and to do LM24 participation in 2014.
That's nice!
A true phoenix (incredible how many there are of those at Le Mans)
If they get success they could sell the idea, and maybe use it to increase their efforts of development? .
Any reports on chassis? - Dome?
Old 22 Jan 2012, 23:50 (Ref:3015506)   #1507
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Autosport says that they buy closed monocoque (LOLA?), and build original LMP.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 00:11 (Ref:3015509)   #1508
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Autosport says that they buy closed monocoque (LOLA?), and build original LMP.
Nice, so something like Pescarolo did with the Courage cars?.
It's really good news this, as it hopefully can awake the Japanese World Motorsport interest
Old 23 Jan 2012, 07:29 (Ref:3015560)   #1509
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Big news!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gee that came out of nowhere! Best of luck to them.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 08:03 (Ref:3015568)   #1510
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fuel for the Buemi/Toyota fire:

dsceditor Graham Goodwin
Now confident that we will have TWO Toyota LMP1s at Le Mans 24 Hours this year - Buemi plus 2 x Japanese drivers in second car
Old 23 Jan 2012, 08:28 (Ref:3015573)   #1511
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Buemi? I'd think they'd go for someone else like Duval or someone. Maybe next year with DiGrassi Davidson and former Peugeot drivers. As for the two Japanese drivers, my guess would be Akira Iida and Juichi Wakisaka. Maybe Takuyuki Kinosh!ta.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 08:35 (Ref:3015577)   #1512
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Buemi? I'd think they'd go for someone else like Duval or someone. Maybe next year with DiGrassi Davidson and former Peugeot drivers. As for the two Japanese drivers, my guess would be Akira Iida and Juichi Wakisaka. Maybe Takuyuki Kinosh!ta.
Well, it could just be Nakajima plus another Japanese driver to make 2. I don't know.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 08:42 (Ref:3015580)   #1513
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Nakajima is to pilot the same car as Wurz and Lapierre. If another car is confirmed, this rumor is closer to reality and the Japanese drivers I mentioned are Toyota regulars.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 08:53 (Ref:3015586)   #1514
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Nakajima is to pilot the same car as Wurz and Lapierre. If another car is confirmed, this rumor is closer to reality and the Japanese drivers I mentioned are Toyota regulars.
Just because they are the three announced drivers so far does not necessarily mean they will be in the same car I don't think.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 09:09 (Ref:3015594)   #1515
TF110
Veteran

United States
Their names were on the side of the test car. They're the only confirmed one's. I think it'll be said soon.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 12:19 (Ref:3015659)   #1516
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm with AGD on this I don't believe they are necessarily destined to be in the same car. It depends a lot on what Toyota had in their head initially. Did they really intend to run two cars all along?
Old 23 Jan 2012, 16:22 (Ref:3015751)   #1517
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
https://twitter.com/#!/specutainment...82885705109505

Looks like the LMP2 class of 2011 (in terms of drivers) is graduating with flying colours, Dominik Kraihamer will be racing for OAK in LMP1 this year in the WEC. 2011 seems to have been a good year for talent-spotting...
Old 23 Jan 2012, 16:24 (Ref:3015754)   #1518
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
https://twitter.com/#!/specutainment...82885705109505

Looks like the LMP2 class of 2011 (in terms of drivers) is graduating with flying colours, Dominik Kraihamer will be racing for OAK in LMP1 this year in the WEC.
That's good to hear I wondered where he would pop up this season. Hopefully Premat will stick around too for the WEC or at the least a third driver at Le Mans.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 16:26 (Ref:3015755)   #1519
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
That's good to hear I wondered where he would pop up this season. Hopefully Premat will stick around too for the WEC or at the least a third driver at Le Mans.
Hmm... Premat-Pla-Kraihamer and Moreau-Ragues-Lahaye for OAK at Le Mans in P1? Sounds pretty tasty...
Old 23 Jan 2012, 16:36 (Ref:3015760)   #1520
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Hmm... Premat-Pla-Kraihamer and Moreau-Ragues-Lahaye for OAK at Le Mans in P1? Sounds pretty tasty...
Not OAK... Morgan
Old 23 Jan 2012, 16:38 (Ref:3015761)   #1521
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Hmm... Premat-Pla-Kraihamer
That's certainly better than anything Rebellion have. Trumps Strakka and probably JRM in pure prototype pace.

Will be very interesting to see what Henri does. I'm also really hoping we get the Americans over to LM to add the likes of Luhr/Graf and Guy Smith to the petrol P1 mix.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 16:39 (Ref:3015762)   #1522
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Not OAK... Morgan
P1 chassis will still be branded OAK thankfully.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 16:44 (Ref:3015763)   #1523
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Not OAK... Morgan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
P1 chassis will still be branded OAK thankfully.
What he said. The Morgan branding will only be for the LMP2 cars.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 20:55 (Ref:3015864)   #1524
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Minassian said during his interview on Midweek Motorsport that he already had a spot in the cards, since he was speaking with a number of teams, and hinting at staying in LMP1.

Could this be Pescarolo, Toyota, Strakka?

Haven't heard anything about Strakka drivers but is that just me asleep?

Additionally on a Brazilian motorsports twitter page they are talking about Rahal planning on using their 2 spots in LM. Has anyone seen anything anywhere else about this?
Old 23 Jan 2012, 21:05 (Ref:3015869)   #1525
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
Haven't heard anything about Strakka drivers but is that just me asleep?
Kane/Watts/Leventis confirmed for Strakka.