Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 17 Mar 2004, 17:23 (Ref:908339)   #1
Cosworth_RS
Racer

Cosworth_RS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC Spec/ETCC Spec Cars at Media Day

Having seen the testing times from Donington on March 16th I am assuming TOCA have not as yet introduced further regulations to even out the performance of the different spec cars ie. BTCC/ETCC.

Does anyone know what these are likely to be? I understand both types of car run in the STCC but dont know much about that series or what its rules are.

I know the SEATs have only had their first run and are off to Spain now for 2 weeks intensive testing but I can't see them being too happy if they are that far off the pace...ok only by about 1.5 specs as this will mean they will have their own race with the Protons.

I can see these technical regulations causing much argument during the 2004 season especially if it means Vauxhall might not have everything their own way.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 19:34 (Ref:908489)   #2
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: BTCC Spec/ETCC Spec Cars at Media Day

Quote:
Originally posted by Cosworth_RS

I know the SEATs have only had their first run and are off to Spain now for 2 weeks intensive testing but I can't see them being too happy if they are that far off the pace...ok only by about 1.5 specs as this will mean they will have their own race with the Protons.

I would be careful not to over analyse the testing times.

The ETCC spec cars will have their own advantages over the BTC spec ones. Considering these cars are just 'out of the box, if anything, their times are encouraging.

Old 17 Mar 2004, 22:06 (Ref:908664)   #3
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think TOCA will be waiting until the first ETCC race of the season to see how the Alfas/BMWs/SEATs compare before calculating anything.