Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 8 Aug 2019, 06:27 (Ref:3921898)   #436
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the podium!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the podium!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the podium!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the podium!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the podium!
Shigekazu Wakisaka says that this is the last season that Green Brave (#52) uses Mark X GT300 MC.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B05DiICBeR1/
Old 8 Aug 2019, 06:42 (Ref:3921901)   #437
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith has a real shot at the championship!carbsmith has a real shot at the championship!carbsmith has a real shot at the championship!carbsmith has a real shot at the championship!carbsmith has a real shot at the championship!carbsmith has a real shot at the championship!
A lot of people here probably won't be aware the Mark X is going out of production at the end of the year, so that isn't a surprise.
Old 10 Aug 2019, 03:41 (Ref:3922163)   #438
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the podium!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the podium!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the podium!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the podium!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the podium!
Autosport web is reporting Nissan's 2nd fresh engine (Nissan general director Motohiro Matsumura interview).
https://www.as-web.jp/supergt/511494?all

*Matsumura says that the development of the 2nd fresh engine is not delayed.
*Rivals (Lexus, Honda) had already introduced pre-chamber engine.
*Matsumura says that the pre-chamber that covers the spark plug in the combustion chamber has the advantage of improving peak power, but it also has the disadvantage of maintaining stable combustion in the transient region.
*Compared to F1, which uses special fuel, GT500, which has to use commercial high-octane gasoline, seems to have a negative effect.
*Matsumura says that basic research (about pre-chamber) is almost over. I think that there is a good effect, so it is one of the option. The question is what to do with the concept of combustion in total, and pre-chamber is prohibited in Class 1 (common regulations with DTM). So we have to think about whether we want an engine that supports both GT500/Class 1 category. I don't mention if our 2nd fresh engine has a pre-chamber.
Old 10 Aug 2019, 22:37 (Ref:3922245)   #439
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just finished watching Fuji.

A shame that the overall win was decided by the last safety car but it was a good race. Nice to see JLOC win in GT300 and the Mark X on the podium as well.

Unfortunately, I only made it to lap 80 before I had to mute the video as Cole & Gaymor don't know their arse from their elbow. Unbearable!
Old 11 Aug 2019, 03:46 (Ref:3922258)   #440
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
Just finished watching Fuji.

A shame that the overall win was decided by the last safety car but it was a good race. Nice to see JLOC win in GT300 and the Mark X on the podium as well.

Unfortunately, I only made it to lap 80 before I had to mute the video as Cole & Gaymor don't know their arse from their elbow. Unbearable!
I'm not a big fan of them either but I know the names they're trying to pronounce lol. I guess that's only half the problem with their commentary.
Old 11 Aug 2019, 04:28 (Ref:3922261)   #441
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith has a real shot at the championship!carbsmith has a real shot at the championship!carbsmith has a real shot at the championship!carbsmith has a real shot at the championship!carbsmith has a real shot at the championship!carbsmith has a real shot at the championship!
They're going to need to start having public live timing if they expect me to follow a TV broadcast where the commentary offers literally zero insight about what's happening.
Old 13 Aug 2019, 17:14 (Ref:3922596)   #442
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
They're going to need to start having public live timing if they expect me to follow a TV broadcast where the commentary offers literally zero insight about what's happening.
Why don't they have one in first place?
Old 16 Aug 2019, 11:41 (Ref:3922963)   #443
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Hirohide Hamashima join in the Team Nakajima (#64).
https://jp.motorsport.com/supergt/ne...shima/4514141/
Old 20 Aug 2019, 09:30 (Ref:3923495)   #444
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Korean company Nexen tire wants to participate in SGT in the future.
https://www.automesseweb.jp/2019/08/20/196928

Nexen is participating Japanese professional series of 86/BRZ race.
Ryu Nishimura (Nexen tire Japan CEO) says,
"In the future, we want to participate in SGT.
Hankook tire had participate in the series before. And they took several years to win.
Hankook's results at the SGT increased the value in Japan and changed the reputation of tire professionals.
They increased original equipment tires by supplying tires to DTM series.
Motorsports and OE are tire manufacturers' royal roads."
Old 20 Aug 2019, 20:07 (Ref:3923546)   #445
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!
Can't say I've heard of Nexen tire. I see why they want in SGT, that would get their name out in Japan.
Old 20 Aug 2019, 20:28 (Ref:3923547)   #446
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Can't say I've heard of Nexen tire. I see why they want in SGT, that would get their name out in Japan.
First came to my attention when they sponsored Man City. They seem to be gaining a larger global profile recently.
Old 21 Aug 2019, 01:10 (Ref:3923573)   #447
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I've seen them around, just figured they were a budget brand but I know nothing about their road car tires.
Old 22 Aug 2019, 10:28 (Ref:3923719)   #448
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Shintaro Watanabe (Mooncraft engineer) explains Mother Chassis Lotus Evora GT300.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK3gILXqFU0
Old 22 Aug 2019, 10:58 (Ref:3923721)   #449
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Autosport web explains in detail the legality of the #6's pit stop.
https://www.as-web.jp/supergt/513777?all

Before #6 passed the first safety car line, SC board was posted on the 17th post. (2:55:36)
However, Hattori judged that the post that #6 should follow is the main flag tower because #6 was in a difficult place to confirm the 17th post.
When #6 crossed the first safety car line, the main flag tower posted a green flag.
Therefore, #6's pit stop was judged legal.
Old Yesterday, 19:33 (Ref:3923909)   #450
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nexen is a major sponsor of drifting, with no less than Chris Forsberg and Fredric Aasbo.