Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 Aug 2019, 10:48 (Ref:3922682)   #121
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rick Parfitt Jr definitely received two penalties but I don't recall why. He accepted them with good grace. I suspect that since they are timing penalties they perhaps won't show up on the TSL reports.
Old 14 Aug 2019, 11:30 (Ref:3922695)   #122
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Rick Parfitt Jr definitely received two penalties but I don't recall why. He accepted them with good grace. I suspect that since they are timing penalties they perhaps won't show up on the TSL reports.
Maybe not for Brit GT.

They do usually report them - HSCC for example.

If the published results include a single 5sec penalty for each of the cars suggested above then the penalties seem to have made no difference to the result.

From the Lap chart the action must have been on lap 48 of 49. If so no signs of any penalties on that lap or 49 - although the McLaren was about 5 secs slower on the last lap but could have been traffic or simply backing off since it was a slightly slower lap than the Bentley anyway.

Were the penalties applied much later and so not reported in the timing for the day?
Old 14 Aug 2019, 11:34 (Ref:3922697)   #123
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In truth I don't recall any penalties for that incident I was just assuming the OP was correct. Which is why I thought penalties would be unfair under the circs.

Definitely the Parfitt Bentley got two penalties, which on reflection may have been for contact. But that wasn't the Bentley in the clip.
Old 14 Aug 2019, 11:47 (Ref:3922699)   #124
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
In truth I don't recall any penalties for that incident I was just assuming the OP was correct. Which is why I thought penalties would be unfair under the circs.

Definitely the Parfitt Bentley got two penalties, which on reflection may have been for contact. But that wasn't the Bentley in the clip.
The Parfitt car seems to have 2 additional "P" (Pit visit) entries in the lap chart. One for each driver (might be more - I did not check past lap 30).

That seems to have added not more that 10 seconds to the laps that they were doing a the time.

Could they be drive throughs?

ETA.

My mistake - read the wrong lines.

Added about 35 - 40 seconds each across 2 timed laps.

Last edited by grantp; 14 Aug 2019 at 12:00.
Old 14 Aug 2019, 11:52 (Ref:3922700)   #125
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yes that would be it.
Old 14 Aug 2019, 12:06 (Ref:3922702)   #126
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Phew, glad thatís sorted....
Old 14 Aug 2019, 12:11 (Ref:3922703)   #127
Greem
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was sitting in the McLaren safety car up at La Source when the three (Bentley, McLaren & Merc) came past us pretty well side by side at the top of the hill.

I must confess I was waiting for a radio call to come through not long after, it was a definite hold-your-breath moment!

The Parfitt/Morris Bentley penalties were firstly a 10s stop/go for turning De Haan's Lambo round on the opening lap, and a subsequent 1s stop-go for a short stop at the driver change. And then they had a puncture. All in all not the best of days for them!
Old 14 Aug 2019, 13:00 (Ref:3922709)   #128
one-two
Racer

one-two should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So the premise of this latest exchange - that someone got a penalty for track limits - was entirely incorrect?
Old 14 Aug 2019, 13:02 (Ref:3922710)   #129
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well you have to have something to discuss.