Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 20 Nov 2010, 05:29 (Ref:2793341)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
AMOC Silverstone

All AMOC Classes
Old 1 May 2011, 18:45 (Ref:2872514)   #2
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A dire turnout. Looks like the AMOC racing has continued to decline.
Old 2 May 2011, 17:48 (Ref:2873034)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Real shame that, but not entirely surprising after they took a wrong turn a couple of years ago, but then I would say that wouldn't I and would no doubt be accused of bias.
Old 4 May 2011, 18:48 (Ref:2874149)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I dunno, with a 31 car grid (Intermarque) amongst the turn out it wasn't too bad.
Old 5 May 2011, 07:54 (Ref:2874380)   #5
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they'd all been that full Peter, I'd agree. But even when the two middle races were combined the grid was only about 14. There also appeared to be more Ferraris than Astons.

It's a real shame as this has been a superb meeting over the past couple of years.
Old 5 May 2011, 16:22 (Ref:2874729)   #6
NICK ALLISON
Racer

England
london
NICK ALLISON should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the AMOC meeting had more "atmosphere" this year with fewer but longer races .The GT4 were a blast ,and the Intermarque was almost how it used to be as a bit of an "All Comers " event. Pre 60/66 needs a bit of work but I thought showed some promise .
All races kept the marshals busy in the pits though.
Old 7 May 2011, 08:08 (Ref:2875700)   #7
robhollyman
Racer

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
robhollyman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
A dire turnout. Looks like the AMOC racing has continued to decline.
where you actually there?

yes a dire turn out for most races, but the meeting had a great atmosphere. which a lot of clubs don't seem to have. there was a pretty decent crowd for a clubie and even though the grids weren't full the paddock seemed very busy which made for a really good day.

the pre 66/60 event had the smallest grid but some of the best racing, (the e type and cobra had a 40 minute scrap) the quality of all the grids were superb. every car is worth going to have a look at.

both ferrari races were great.

intermarque was absolutely amazing. to have 31 cars is pretty good but to have 31 of the best looking and best prepped cars is great. the quality of the entry was top draw.

if the grids were bigger then it may dilute the quality some what, because the cars entered were amazing. if they can get bigger grids and keep the quality then great but i suspect that would be difficult.
Old 7 May 2011, 09:19 (Ref:2875729)   #8
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by robhollyman View Post
where you actually there?

yes a dire turn out for most races, but the meeting had a great atmosphere. which a lot of clubs don't seem to have. there was a pretty decent crowd for a clubie and even though the grids weren't full the paddock seemed very busy which made for a really good day.

the pre 66/60 event had the smallest grid but some of the best racing, (the e type and cobra had a 40 minute scrap) the quality of all the grids were superb. every car is worth going to have a look at.

both ferrari races were great.

intermarque was absolutely amazing. to have 31 cars is pretty good but to have 31 of the best looking and best prepped cars is great. the quality of the entry was top draw.

if the grids were bigger then it may dilute the quality some what, because the cars entered were amazing. if they can get bigger grids and keep the quality then great but i suspect that would be difficult.
I'm afraid so.

Both Ferrari races were good, the Intermarque race had a good turn out and was entertaining.

The issue was the Aston part of the AMOC meeting.
Usually the garages and paddock are full of various aged Astons, this year it was the Ferrari owners club with a few guest Astons.

I note you didn't mention the 90 minute GT4 race, not great with just 13 cars.

This has been a highlight meeting in recent years, sadly this year left me feeling flat compared to previous years.
Old 7 May 2011, 11:22 (Ref:2875784)   #9
robhollyman
Racer

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
robhollyman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The gt4 race with 13 cars must have been awful. I missed it because i was preping my car for intermarque at the time. Personally i think it should be a gt4 race for all types of gt4.
yes the meeting is not the same as what it used to be but it was a great day.
Where have all the db4/5 s gone there used to be loads, guess they are too valuable now. .
Old 8 May 2011, 22:44 (Ref:2877105)   #10
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I rather think that there is more to it than that Rob, and we do see some of the Astons out at other events. I hope that it can be turned around at some stage because despite everything it is my favourite marque; I just want AMOC to remember their heritage and how/why they were set up in the first place, and I don't need any lectures about moving with the times, or better use of club money, or different priorities or investments in fancy buildings. It's a car club for heaven's sake, and for me there is nothing more charasmatic than a racing Aston Martin of whatever age. OK, end of rant; I'm harmless really!