Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Dec 2003, 10:05 (Ref:816691)   #1
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Eccelestone secures long term headship of F1

by making a deal with the gpwc

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlin...19210848.shtml

SO guys Good or Bad??
Old 20 Dec 2003, 17:14 (Ref:816932)   #2
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Great news, just read it in this morning's paper - and it means that any threat of a break-away series is over (at least until people fall out again! ). It can only be good news for the future of F1, not because Bernie is staying in charge (although there can be some debate on whether that is good or bad), and not because the teams now have a say on SLEC matters (again good or bad depending on your view) - but because a mutual solution has been reached, and F1 can remain at the pinacle of worldwide motorsport.
Old 21 Dec 2003, 08:01 (Ref:817289)   #3
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Feel free to retype this post without the autocensor dodging - Wrex
Old 22 Dec 2003, 14:45 (Ref:818226)   #4
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No surprising at all, maybe economic conditions will be less advantageous for Bernie, but I think he must already have secured a good old age for him self, maybe..
Old 22 Dec 2003, 16:04 (Ref:818264)   #5
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
It was the obvious way to go though wasn't it? This was always the most likely outcome, so why did it have to take so long?
Old 22 Dec 2003, 17:28 (Ref:818311)   #6
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Doesn't it bother people that the one man in control of Formula 1 and all its assets is 73 years old, and has not announced any sort of heir to his fortunes in the outcome of his death? This looks like a legal nightmare on the horizon if Bernie passes away unexpectedly.
Old 23 Dec 2003, 00:50 (Ref:818604)   #7
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 is truly lucky that they have avoided a CART/IRL type of debacle.

Its killing open-wheel racing here...

Danica Patrick
Old 23 Dec 2003, 05:02 (Ref:818681)   #8
jamescrofts
Retired
Racer

jamescrofts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bad News!

Quote:
Originally posted by GP Racer
F1 is truly lucky that they have avoided a CART/IRL type of debacle.

Its killing open-wheel racing here...
This will eventually kill F1. It won't stay sweet for long!
Old 23 Dec 2003, 08:15 (Ref:818745)   #9
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fish_Flake
Doesn't it bother people that the one man in control of Formula 1 and all its assets is 73 years old, and has not announced any sort of heir to his fortunes in the outcome of his death? This looks like a legal nightmare on the horizon if Bernie passes away unexpectedly.
If memopry serves me, Bernie has officially appointed Marco Piccinini as his successor, hasn't he.
Old 23 Dec 2003, 10:33 (Ref:818817)   #10
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i've read something about piccini and bernie on www.grandprix.com . a few months ago ...

Ciao Marco
Old 23 Dec 2003, 11:09 (Ref:818836)   #11
RWC
Veteran

Um,i'd retype it if i could remember!lol

I think i was saying it's a win for the teams who now get a reasonable share of f1's earnings.bernie still has to do the organising,only gets a paltry severl tens of millions (!!!)for his trouble and,best of all-the teams get to tell bern what to do!!WHOO HOO
Old 23 Dec 2003, 17:39 (Ref:819189)   #12
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
The break away series was never going to happen, just each side with eachother.
Old 24 Dec 2003, 12:45 (Ref:819936)   #13
RWC
Veteran

Yep,that's all it was.But someone was going to win and this time it was the sport in general.YES!Fantastic

I wonder if bernie will suicide now that he's lost for the first time ever ,lol
Old 24 Dec 2003, 13:43 (Ref:819981)   #14
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
The break away series was never going to happen, just each side with eachother.
Never say never, Mr V!

I'm sure many open wheel fans here in America, said the exact same statement you just made, right before the IRL was created.
Old 24 Dec 2003, 17:30 (Ref:820103)   #15
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernie Ecclestone was always going to remain head of Formula One - what was at stake was what Formula One consisted of.

As soon as I ever heard of this GPWC tripe I never had any fear that it would ever come to fruition - fair play to whichever manufacturer had the balls to stand up and say their piece, though. You don't take Bernie on lightly.
Old 24 Dec 2003, 22:29 (Ref:820226)   #16
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Used to love F1 racing. As far as I am concerned now it really is a very pale comparison with its 1960/70's incarnation. F1 seems to all be about money and mostly the cash earning ability of one B.Ecclestone. Those of you who were lucky enough to have seen F1 cars at Brands Hatch, even up to the mid 1980's will surely agree that this was a far greater spectacle for the public than Silverstone. If you wanted to watch a great driver all you had to do was go to the old Nurbergring (spelling ?).
Sorry about my rant but this is a sport that i used to love and one that i think has been ruined, in the main by Ecclestone. The various billions that have been extracted from F1 by Ecclestone could have been ploughed back into F1 and if so we may still have had teams like Lotus still racing.
Old 25 Dec 2003, 01:26 (Ref:820272)   #17
RWC
Veteran

I totally agree kickstart.
In fact i can allmost say i whish we DIDN'T have such good TV coverage of f1 (what all the arguments are based on as this is where the vast majority of cash came from over the eclestone years).
f1 SHOULD be optimised as a live spectator sport,not for TV.(being forced to)See one f1 race live would be worth more than several seasons of 'plastic' TV coverage.
Not where all the problems come from but most