Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Feb 2012, 18:41 (Ref:3028025)   #1326
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I was never a great fan of "days of thunder" what I did like about the film is when he"the bald headed bloke" is building the race car and has all the skin pins in the shell and then saying this will be the best race car ever.
Well above picture shows latest Delta being built.
Before you all start, it is Sunday and I have had to go shoping with Mrs Delta.
Old 19 Feb 2012, 18:49 (Ref:3028028)   #1327
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I thought you were practicing to do the old "bed of nails" trick
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 19 Feb 2012, 18:57 (Ref:3028033)   #1328
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I just need too get out more Gordon.
Old 20 Feb 2012, 13:24 (Ref:3028371)   #1329
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
When I got up for work it was DAYLIGHT! Woo-hoo! Except that "Winter Projects" are fast becoming "Spring Projects" and will soon be "Oh-God-another-all-nighter-cos we're-racing-next-week Projects"!!!!!!

Ah well, another year of missed deadlines, best go back to surfing Tenths and not worry about it then.
Old 20 Feb 2012, 20:07 (Ref:3028542)   #1330
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Don't talk to me about spring, Just spent 2 days gardening for Mrs Zef, I'm knackered. but the Triumph hub puller arrived this morning and the LSD unit and bearings too for the diff, just got to get drive shafts rebuilt and balanced and the running gears just about ready to assemble on the chassis . . . . which means I need that extra lock up quick so there's somewhere to put another car!
Old 26 Feb 2012, 17:18 (Ref:3031519)   #1331
jonnytuna
Rookie

jonnytuna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330276237.403539.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	36233

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330276261.993249.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	36234

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330276290.649912.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	36235
A bit more progress. Battery cradle, extinguishers almost done, steering box, linkages, engine mount, front brake lines, rear brake line, harness mounts.... Few more bits for P to source and we can complete front suspension. Good progress this weekend (not everything above!)
Old 26 Feb 2012, 17:38 (Ref:3031530)   #1332
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is that the standard battery mounting sir?
Looking good!
Old 26 Feb 2012, 17:51 (Ref:3031537)   #1333
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After a day at Race Retro yesterday and good weather today I've been spurred on to get on with a number of jobs. Typically I had to accompany Mrs Moose to the shops so work time was cut short. If I'd been a lot less fussy with panel gaps I'd have got twice as much done
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 1 Mar 2012, 13:44 (Ref:3033559)   #1334
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just heard of a Brand new Quaiffe Rocket Box,ally bell housing,clutch for and so on up for grabs,certainly not expensive. Box is still in its original box, anyone interested get in touch.Doing a favour for a friend,no,I'm not getting anything out of it!
Old 1 Mar 2012, 16:42 (Ref:3033619)   #1335
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Just heard of a Brand new Quaiffe Rocket Box,ally bell housing,clutch for and so on up for grabs,certainly not expensive. Box is still in its original box, anyone interested get in touch.Doing a favour for a friend,no,I'm not getting anything out of it!

Sounds good for an FIA Lotus Cortina...... cough, cough!
Old 1 Mar 2012, 16:51 (Ref:3033622)   #1336
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Email sent, Terence!

I've got a Rocket dog-box that would be perfect for the Cortina!
Old 2 Mar 2012, 07:22 (Ref:3033892)   #1337
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Hellllllp

Anyone have or know of an Essex V6 front cover[timing] in alloy for sale please,got pee'd off scouring fleabay etc. I do have one thats attached to the engine,that will be surplus to requirements though.
Old 2 Mar 2012, 10:08 (Ref:3033945)   #1338
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well this is the Fiesta That I didnt count on rebuilding but it should be much better than the original and what a result to get a virtual rust free shell!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiesta progress,Capri as well 009.jpg   Fiesta progress,Capri as well 028.jpg   Fiesta progress,Capri as well 030.jpg  

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 2 Mar 2012, 19:26 (Ref:3034114)   #1339
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Uncle Eric wot you gonna race this in thyen
Old 2 Mar 2012, 19:42 (Ref:3034129)   #1340
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I havent a clue but it is so much fun may only use it for track days, we will see.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 2 Mar 2012, 20:08 (Ref:3034144)   #1341
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Sounds good
Old 2 Mar 2012, 21:17 (Ref:3034190)   #1342
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
[QUOTE=Eric Falce;3033945] and what a result to get a virtual rust free shell![/QUOTE
I'm glad you said "virtual"as I've yet to see a complete one !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 3 Mar 2012, 14:39 (Ref:3034513)   #1343
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Actually drove my winter project today, woo-hoo! Drives better than you'd expect £160 of car to drive, just a couple of issues to sort then wash, polish and off to the 360 :-)

Errr, OK, perhaps a *little* more than that to it but all went far better than I had any reason to expect :-)
Old 3 Mar 2012, 14:44 (Ref:3034515)   #1344
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Actually drove my winter project today, woo-hoo! Drives better than you'd expect £160 of car to drive, just a couple of issues to sort then wash, polish and off to the 360 :-)
It's a motor race - not a 'concours' event. Seriously, well done and looking forward to seeing it.
Old 3 Mar 2012, 14:54 (Ref:3034519)   #1345
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Actually drove my winter project today, woo-hoo! Drives better than you'd expect £160 of car to drive,

I would have chucked a few old clutches and brake discs inside it and weighed it in and doubled the price !
Old 3 Mar 2012, 15:08 (Ref:3034522)   #1346
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I'm slowly getting there, once this is finished I can start on clearing a space for the MG.
Attached Thumbnails
IMAG0131.jpg   IMAG0134.jpg  
Old 3 Mar 2012, 16:28 (Ref:3034549)   #1347
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
It's a motor race - not a 'concours' event. Seriously, well done and looking forward to seeing it.
You would never, ever, EVER mistake one of my cars for concours still a lot of work to do, but the motivation is back now. Just two months to go!
Old 3 Mar 2012, 19:57 (Ref:3034619)   #1348
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
I'm slowly getting there, once this is finished I can start on clearing a space for the MG.
Is "this " Uncle Eric's retirement home
Old 3 Mar 2012, 20:03 (Ref:3034622)   #1349
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Is "this " Uncle Eric's retirement home
Yes, I even made an inside toilet for him
Attached Thumbnails
IMAG0136.jpg  
Old 4 Mar 2012, 11:38 (Ref:3034922)   #1350
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Yes, I even made an inside toilet for him
I recon you're going to rent it out to a few illegals to pay for the racing