Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > WTCC & European Touring Car Series

Old 23 May 2018, 16:12 (Ref:3824236)   #46
BobJones
Racer

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fechna View Post
With only half the compensation weight in TCR Europe Hyundai did pretty well. So the question is, whether Hyundai would be as fast as the rest, if the compensation weight would be equal for all cars. I think the bop might be right now. Everyone who thinks that Tarquini, who was axed by Honda as a works driver for “loosing“ his edge, or Michelisz who at this point never won a internationally important championship and was the obvious Nr.2 driver to Monteiro till his accident, are up to a second faster per lap as Shedden, World Champion Huff, or Vernay, should look for another past time leisure. Fishing is nice, or golfing, swimming, maybe reading?
This post made me laugh, but it is also a very good point. Easy to remember the older driver's successes, and gloss over their recent-year struggles.
Old 23 May 2018, 16:32 (Ref:3824240)   #47
Matt K
Racer

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
With only half the compensation weight in TCR Europe Hyundai did pretty well. So the question is, whether Hyundai would be as fast as the rest, if the compensation weight would be equal for all cars. I think the bop might be right now. Everyone who thinks that Tarquini, who was axed by Honda as a works driver for “loosing“ his edge, or Michelisz who at this point never won a internationally important championship and was the obvious Nr.2 driver to Monteiro till his accident, are up to a second faster per lap as Shedden, World Champion Huff, or Vernay, should look for another past time leisure. Fishing is nice, or golfing, swimming, maybe reading?
Swimming is the best option, at least they'll be able to burn some calories
Old 23 May 2018, 19:37 (Ref:3824284)   #48
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel ten Caat View Post
Better drivers can make a difference in a mediocre field. Hence I was saying that in a more level playing field with all top drivers, he wouldn't have been able to do this. ;-)
But talent makes still a difference.
Old Yesterday, 10:59 (Ref:3824376)   #49
GM10
Veteran

Italy
Mantua
GM10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With his TCR Europe qualifying time, van Lagen would have qualified eighth on Sunday and seventh on Monday in the WTCR. With a +30kg Audi compared to the WTCR Audis.

The thing I didn't understand is why Azcona in the TCR Europe was so faster than WTCR Cupras, with +45kg, in both qualifying and races.
Old Today, 00:10 (Ref:3824479)   #50
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM10 View Post
The thing I didn't understand is why Azcona in the TCR Europe was so faster than WTCR Cupras, with +45kg, in both qualifying and races.

Azcona seems to have far more talent than Oriola, let alone Filippi.
Old Today, 04:58 (Ref:3824499)   #51
Fechna
Racer

Germany
Germany
Fechna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
I dont know if thats true, but i agree that Oriola is overrated. He is a Seat works driver in disguise for years and never won a championship, even when someone (Comini) did in the very same car.
Old Today, 06:12 (Ref:3824505)   #52
TR4racer
Rookie

United Kingdom
TR4racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
On this we agree. I have been watching Azcona for some years since first coming across him in EuroCup Clio in 2013, he is fast and talented.
Old Today, 12:12 (Ref:3824552)   #53
Tarzaan
Racer

Hungary
Tarzaan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark0994 View Post
Look like it's normal that Tarquini, Bjork, Muller and Michelisz are half second faster then TCR International and Indy Light Champion (Vernay), 3 time BTCC Champion (Shedden), 2 time BTCC champion (Thompson), Guerrieri who fight on equal terms with Michelisz and Bjork last year (truth to be told he was faster then both Bjork and Michelisz but Michelisz was in fight for championship), and also Fabrizio Giovanardi was always faster then Tarquini. Last year he drove DSG Leon with broken turbo and he was slightly slower then champion Baldan, and now he can't get in points...

Good to know that

They need to lower Hyundai to 80mm and then it will be good

Guerrieri is an excellent driver, but where was he faster then Norbi?

https://www.motorsport.com/wtcc/news...e-pole-972171/

https://www.motorsport.com/wtcc/news...o-pole-979597/

https://www.autosport.com/wtcr/news/...title-showdown

http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/Q...rd,122788.html
Old Today, 12:15 (Ref:3824553)   #54
Tarzaan
Racer

Hungary
Tarzaan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Why was that obvious? There was about 20 ponts difference between them, and Norbi was the better in qualis and in the main races.
Old Today, 12:32 (Ref:3824559)   #55
Fechna
Racer

Germany
Germany
Fechna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzaan View Post
Why was that obvious? There was about 20 ponts difference between them, and Norbi was the better in qualis and in the main races.
I dont want to be misunderstood: Michelsz, Tarquini, Muller and Björk are very good drivers, and i support them all! They are just not racing against privateers or noobs, but seasoned champioship winning drivers that have prooved time and time again that they arnt slower. Michelisz is not a Touringcar Senna, and thankfully we have a wide range of equally skilled FWD drivers in the World. Suggesting that the Hyundai drivers are so much better then the rest is just ignorant or a joke.