Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 3 Aug 2008, 20:31 (Ref:2262807)   #1
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
No Dogs Allowed !!!

My fellow ten tenners,

I start this thread in my reaction on the apalling experience I had at the recent Spa 24hrs.
As ever a great venue to be at,great race,lots of spectacle and many different nationalities who mingle as a big bunch of friends.

However,when we visited the old main grandstand during the night(which is probably the spot were the screams of the cars are the most deafening),a man and two young boys entered the grandstand as well,and immediatly went for the frontrow and the fencing to see and hear the cars best. The thing which infuriated me though,was that he also brought his small white dog with him !
The little creature was absolutly terrified at every car passing it within say,20 feet of were this sadist was standing.
I'm sorry to say that this was not the only dog I've seen at the track. There was even a selfish "animalfriend" who himselve used earplugs,but not his dog !

To me and many true animal friends,it's obvious that dogs and Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT's or Aston DBR9's don't mix,it seems however,that quite a number of people are just to ignorend or dumb to think the same.
Therefore I want to call upon all of you forum members to help find a way to actually ban all dogs from within the confines of racetracks.

It's nothing more then downright animal cruelty.
Old 3 Aug 2008, 20:35 (Ref:2262811)   #2
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hear hear!!

The poor creatures must really have suffered
Old 3 Aug 2008, 21:01 (Ref:2262830)   #3
elan
Rookie

United States
Atlanta, GA
elan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree 100%. Road Atlanta has a no pets allowed policy. Leave Spot at home!
Old 3 Aug 2008, 21:07 (Ref:2262838)   #4
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan
Aha,there we go. So if it's possible at one track,it's possible at the rest as well,I'd say.

Maybe some sort of e-mail petition to the right organisation would help to get this ball rolling?
Old 3 Aug 2008, 21:19 (Ref:2262848)   #5
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think most circuits in the UK, i think pets are banned
Old 3 Aug 2008, 21:23 (Ref:2262854)   #6
Col_Rugby
Pancake Botherer
Racer

England
Rugby
Col_Rugby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As far as I'm aware all animals are banned from UK motorsports events.
Apart from scaring the dogs/animals just look what happened at the GP2 race in May at Turkey. Sadly the dog lost it's life but luckily a driver didn't, could so easily have.

Col
Old 3 Aug 2008, 21:34 (Ref:2262865)   #7
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
You can take dogs into Lydden but tha's bout the only track in the UK that allows them. As for taking them to a GT meeting the owners need a good slapping, do they not realise how sensitive a dog's hearing is.
Old 4 Aug 2008, 02:17 (Ref:2262954)   #8
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ridiculous!

Absolutely ridiculous!
Old 4 Aug 2008, 07:09 (Ref:2263003)   #9
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
You can take dogs into Lydden but tha's bout the only track in the UK that allows them. As for taking them to a GT meeting the owners need a good slapping, do they not realise how sensitive a dog's hearing is.

That really surprised me Falcie,I thought the ban was nationwide in the UK,I think it should be anyway,it's unfair on the animal.It always has been allowed in Europe.I remember a few years ago, there was a guy carrying his pet Fox in the paddock at Spa.
Old 4 Aug 2008, 07:25 (Ref:2263009)   #10
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour
Aha,there we go. So if it's possible at one track,it's possible at the rest as well,I'd say.

Maybe some sort of e-mail petition to the right organisation would help to get this ball rolling?
You start it , I'll sign it .....

Its not fair to any animal . If that was a horse , he wouldnt have brought it cuz the horse would have done something about it !!! lol ..... last seen heading into the sunset like John Wayne .
Old 4 Aug 2008, 08:37 (Ref:2263041)   #11
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is a "normal" thing at Spa (or Zolder for that matter) to bring dogs. Usually they aren't even kept on a lead.
If you tell those people it would be better to leave the animals at home next time or at least on a lead, they start insulting you in the way like " I can't leave my poor dog alone all day, who do you think you are?"

After that I usually tell them that if their dog somehow makes it beyond the fence at my post, I WILL kill it without a problem. Most of the times this remark helps.
And no, I wouldn't like to do it, but i will do it if needed.

There should be a total ban on animals anyhow at any motorsport event.

What about the mad men with their quads and bikes at Spa?
Old 4 Aug 2008, 08:42 (Ref:2263042)   #12
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
100% agree with this, I have had dogs all my life, great animals but bringing them to a motorsport meeting is just plain stupidity upon the owners behalf.
Old 4 Aug 2008, 08:52 (Ref:2263046)   #13
ianpearson
Racer

ianpearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, i was shocked to see dogs at Spa a couple of years ago, was even more horrified when i trod in a huge turd while checking out the qualifying times for the belcar
Old 4 Aug 2008, 09:38 (Ref:2263074)   #14
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V
What about the mad men with their quads and bikes at Spa?
Nothing wrong with quads & bikes ..... its the (some) pricks driving them thats the issue . They shouldnt be banned . Why should others suffer cuz of a few self centered pricks ?

Lets not get carried away on this thread ..... next the talk will be to stop alcohol cuz someone drank too much or you cant smoke at a race track !!!
Old 4 Aug 2008, 09:39 (Ref:2263075)   #15
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianpearson
Yeah, i was shocked to see dogs at Spa a couple of years ago, was even more horrified when i trod in a huge turd while checking out the qualifying times for the belcar

I did that a few years ago at Le Mans ..... only trouble was it was a human one !!! ...

Ban the *******s I say !!! ...
Old 4 Aug 2008, 11:39 (Ref:2263142)   #16
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dogs are indeed allowed at Lydden but must be kept on a lead. Not likely to have Astons and Lambos at Lydden though to be fair...

A dog that's scared of a Ford Fiesta needs a talking to
Old 4 Aug 2008, 12:57 (Ref:2263191)   #17
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
however inappropriate it may be to take some dogs to some tracks at certain times, why do we need to go all heavy-handed and propose a ban? Surely there is sufficient legislation and rules to cover any current abuses; I personally know of one racer - dutch as it happens - who takes his campervan / trailer / racecar / wife / dog entourage to meetings for the whole weekend. This little animal spends an apparent happy weekend in the paddock being made a fuss of by all and sundry. He is well-behaved, often walked, never off the (long) lead and shows no signs of fright or fear.
Old 4 Aug 2008, 13:24 (Ref:2263205)   #18
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
MGDavid Fair comment but as always not everybody thinks or behaves like the Dutch guy. I was a bit wary of a couple of rockwilders at Spa in the pits as they weren't on leads. I am an animal lover but I think you have to draw the line somewhere as dogs are not all the same and behave completely differently under the same circumstances. I wouldn't want to be the one that decides what type of dog could or couldn't be allowed in so I would have to plug for a complete ban.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 4 Aug 2008, 16:44 (Ref:2263332)   #19
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And I have some very good German friends who take thier Alsation to every race .The dog is perfectly happy,having everyone make a fuss of her,but that dog has been to quite a few meetings.
Old 4 Aug 2008, 16:50 (Ref:2263335)   #20
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Book, Section A 12
In the interests of safety, animals should not be admitted to Race, Speed or Kart venues, but if present they must be secured inside a vehicle whenever practice or competition is taking place.

So it's up to the venue operators.

Regularly see dogs out with rally marshals. Safely controlled and kept in car/campervan when cars are about.

Jim

Old 4 Aug 2008, 17:50 (Ref:2263358)   #21
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
WELL SAID, GTFOUR! too many times...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan
unfortunately, stupid people don't always follow the rules. i've seen several dogs at road ATL and will see at least one or two come OCT.
Old 4 Aug 2008, 17:52 (Ref:2263361)   #22
mig
Racer

England
Kent where the hops and Hondas are from
mig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dogs should be banned at race circuits.Apart from the fear that they may get loose and wander on to the circuit or get run over in the paddock there is also the poop that seems to appear.Trouble is most dog owners assume everyone else loves them, circuits are for cars not dogs surely they wont die if left at home for a day
Old 4 Aug 2008, 20:46 (Ref:2263474)   #23
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
by that theory, all dogs should be banned from everywhere. i was delayed in my return from spa by a dog loose on the motorway that was evading capture by the police...

i think it's fine to have dogs at the circuit so long as the dogs are happy with the noise and on a lead at all times. some are, some aren't - owners just don't know how to recognise the signs their dog isn't enjoying the experience.
Old 4 Aug 2008, 21:48 (Ref:2263496)   #24
mig
Racer

England
Kent where the hops and Hondas are from
mig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On a motorway is owners stupidity if you want to take your dog out for the day go to a park
Old 4 Aug 2008, 22:25 (Ref:2263503)   #25
Benny1664
Racer

Benny1664 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There were dogs at Combe on the weekend which surprised me..