Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 13 Jan 2013, 19:36 (Ref:3188643)   #1
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
SBF Designs 2013 Edition

First circuit is something new for this year, a full scale karting circuit.

The full circuit is a smidge over 1,500m which is the Max. circuit size before going gearbox karting. But there are other variations shown to reduce the size.

Kart 1 Dimensions.jpg colours.jpg

Here is how the full circuit would look in practice with barriers in place.
For rolling starts which I believe the karts have to run nose to tail in two lines at a prescribed speed.
There is a cone in the centre of the track, which the two lines must pass either side of. As such the initial chicane is not used, but is on all other laps.

Kart 1 Circuit barriers.jpg

I've included a large paddock area accessed from the track, and coming out of the track there a a dummy grid area common with the higher level tracks.
Although not shown there is space next the the S/F for a hot pitlane should one be required.

Kart 1 over paddock.jpg
I've added a club house that is large enough to facilitate race control, along with changing rooms and social amenities.

Kart 1 Club house.jpg

Finally an Overview, you'll have to imagine the road layout and car parks linking the circuit paddock clubhouse

Kart 1 overall view.jpg
Old 14 Jan 2013, 00:32 (Ref:3188738)   #2
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems like a treat for kart fans!

bio
Old 14 Jan 2013, 07:49 (Ref:3188819)   #3
tausif
Rookie

Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia
tausif should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very impressive. My recent work with new kart track projects suggests that two halves that can run simultaneously are the way to go these days. I think it would be doable to split your track into two halves. One for club members while other to host rent karting.

Great work.
Old 14 Jan 2013, 15:54 (Ref:3189021)   #4
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
SKG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great job. I really like the infield section on the orange circuit, it has great flow, in my opinion. The clubhouse is pretty cool too
Old 15 Jan 2013, 22:55 (Ref:3189641)   #5
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Even for a kart track, it is way too busy, in my opinion. When I did karting, I found that I, personally, liked tracks that weren't that busy and I actually had time to rest. Still, I like many aspects of it, especially the first 3 to 4 corners and the Shanghai-esque section of corners. Good job, just a bit too busy for my tastes.
Old 16 Jan 2013, 19:29 (Ref:3190062)   #6
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess you also could work-out a bit more :-)
Old 17 Jan 2013, 09:12 (Ref:3190399)   #7
jonproctor975
Rookie

jonproctor975 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Awesome’ concepts/designs are perfect… Really look good
Old 18 Jan 2013, 15:35 (Ref:3191124)   #8
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Next up a conventional circuit running anti-clockwise

Full Circuit including T1 Chicane = 3.968 km or 2.480 miles
Full Circuit without Chicane = 3.978km or 2.486 miles

Outer circuit including T1 Chicane = 2.760m or 1.725
Outer Circuit without Chicane = 2.770km or 1.732 miles
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jan1 dims.jpg (224.4 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Jan1 Top View.jpg (297.1 KB, 43 views)
Old 18 Jan 2013, 16:31 (Ref:3191138)   #9
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
On to next one.

A bit of fictional History.

Like many former world war 2 airfields, the perimeter roads and runways became ready made racing circuits.
Only using part of the airfield the original races were run on this layout.

Jan 2 airfield layout.jpg

It measured 2 miles (2.049 miles - 3.279km)

After the war the airfield was returned back to agriculture, although most the tarmac race section together with some of the other taxiways and runways remained intact, the original layout can no longer be run.

Now the land has been bought with a view to returning motorsport back to the circuit albeit in a much safer though not necessarily slower fashion.

The proposed new layout consisting of a 5.164km (3.228 mile) GP Circuit, which can be split into two independent circuits West 2.582km (1.614 miles) and East 2.702km (1.689 miles)

Jan 2 GP Layout.jpg Jan 2 East and West.jpg

Further news of developments will follow...

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 23 Jan 2013 at 14:09.
Old 20 Jan 2013, 16:14 (Ref:3191785)   #10
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's the direction of the tracks?
Old 20 Jan 2013, 17:30 (Ref:3191797)   #11
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
All variations are clockwise
Old 23 Jan 2013, 14:04 (Ref:3193252)   #12
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Here is the development of the East Circuit, this will be the Club circuit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan 2 East Circuit.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	346.5 KB
ID:	39303

As mentioned previously this is 2.582km (1.614 miles) and runs clockwise.

The East circuit is still under development and will be unveiled soon.

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 23 Jan 2013 at 14:09.
Old 23 Jan 2013, 21:55 (Ref:3193417)   #13
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Here is the development of the East Circuit, this will be the Club circuit.

Attachment 39303

As mentioned previously this is 2.582km (1.614 miles) and runs clockwise.

The East circuit is still under development and will be unveiled soon.
I'm really "feeling" this one. I like it!
Old 1 Feb 2013, 21:03 (Ref:3197650)   #14
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
well first ly I've messed up my Easts and Wests through the build up but here is now the East driving school circuit.

Name:	Jan 2 East Circuit.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	361.2 KB
ID:	39357

It isn't raced on as such, has not pitlane nor grid.

It is serviced directly from a paddock at the North end, a paddock that contains a section of the original circuit and also is the site of a Memorial to the Pilots that flew from the airfield.

The final image is the Full GP circuit.

Name:	Jan 2 Full GP.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	376.0 KB
ID:	39358

As mentioned previously it was impossible to save all the of the old track, but as much that could be used remains, including run offs, and the outside of the final complex.
Old 2 Feb 2013, 00:22 (Ref:3197834)   #15
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Apparently February has arrived already, so time for another.

Here is what I'm working on next

A National Level Motorsports complex, so no F1.

Consisting of a Large and Short circuit operating off the main pit and paddock in an Anticlockwise direction.
There is an integral short Oval (flat) with a road course inside it that can be used at slow speed for driver education such as Teen drive or Skid Controlled Vehicles, but could also be used by high end Karts as the circuit can be set up with timing loops.

The Short circuit and Ovals can be used at the same time.

Here's what I've got so far...

Name:	Feb 1 Long circuit.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	190.4 KB
ID:	39359
Long Circuit without Chicane 5360km 3.349miles
Long Circuit with Chicane 5469km 3.418miles

Name:	Feb 1 Short  With Chicane.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	192.0 KB
ID:	39360
Short Circuit without Chicane 4212km 2.632miles
Short Circuit With Chicane 4322km 2.701miles

Name:	Feb 1 Kart Oval.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	234.1 KB
ID:	39361
Training circuit 1464m
Training Oval 1054m

Ass always comments criticisms and suggestions welcomed
Old 4 Feb 2013, 22:44 (Ref:3199318)   #16
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Apparently February has arrived already, so time for another.

Here is what I'm working on next

A National Level Motorsports complex, so no F1.

Consisting of a Large and Short circuit operating off the main pit and paddock in an Anticlockwise direction.
There is an integral short Oval (flat) with a road course inside it that can be used at slow speed for driver education such as Teen drive or Skid Controlled Vehicles, but could also be used by high end Karts as the circuit can be set up with timing loops.

The Short circuit and Ovals can be used at the same time.

Here's what I've got so far...
Attachment 39359
Long Circuit without Chicane 5360km 3.349miles
Long Circuit with Chicane 5469km 3.418miles

Attachment 39360
Short Circuit without Chicane 4212km 2.632miles
Short Circuit With Chicane 4322km 2.701miles

Attachment 39361
Training circuit 1464m
Training Oval 1054m

Ass always comments criticisms and suggestions welcomed
Sorry, I had to.

On a more serious not, good job! You are bucking the Tilke trend - you aren't trying to cram every corner into a tight space. Nice club-looking course.
Old 8 Feb 2013, 09:16 (Ref:3201079)   #17
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
well first ly I've messed up my Easts and Wests through the build up but here is now the East driving school circuit.

Attachment 39357

It isn't raced on as such, has not pitlane nor grid.

It is serviced directly from a paddock at the North end, a paddock that contains a section of the original circuit and also is the site of a Memorial to the Pilots that flew from the airfield.

The final image is the Full GP circuit.

Attachment 39358

As mentioned previously it was impossible to save all the of the old track, but as much that could be used remains, including run offs, and the outside of the final complex.
Conceptually, this circuit reminds me of a blend of Buenos Aires and Aida/Okayama with a Nürburgring carousel added to it. All of those infield sections are quite technical. A driver does not have anywhere to relax around this track. On simulators, it may be nice but in real, it would be quite exhausting.
Old 17 Feb 2013, 19:50 (Ref:3206321)   #18
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
I've finish fully developing my latest circuit

Name:	Feb 1 Full Top View.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	231.2 KB
ID:	39407

I've given the sizes already, but this full view shows the regular long circuit at 3.418 miles or 5.469 km

When the short circuit is in use, as mentioned before, the end of the long loop it can be used as a full sized karting circuit

Here are a couple of shots of it in that configuration.

Name:	Feb 1 Karting Oval Config 2.jpg
Size:	431.4 KB
ID:	39408 Click image for larger version

Name:	Feb 1 Karting Oval Config.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	538.8 KB
ID:	39409
Old 17 Feb 2013, 21:10 (Ref:3206349)   #19
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
You could add a link between where the shortcut almost reaches the backsstraigt to the section heading for the oval/karttrack, to create a long endurance-circuit. Otherwise not complaints.
Old 18 Feb 2013, 08:52 (Ref:3206611)   #20
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
First circuit is something new for this year, a full scale karting circuit.

The full circuit is a smidge over 1,500m which is the Max. circuit size before going gearbox karting. But there are other variations shown to reduce the size.
I like it all bar the first chicane.

Chicanes straight after the start are a PITA. Indeed, the MSA stopped Teesside from using theirs on safety grounds, and at Llandow, they skip 'The Hook' on the opening lap as it usually ends up as a parking lot of broken karts.
Old 18 Feb 2013, 13:10 (Ref:3206684)   #21
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
I like it all bar the first chicane.

Chicanes straight after the start are a PITA. Indeed, the MSA stopped Teesside from using theirs on safety grounds, and at Llandow, they skip 'The Hook' on the opening lap as it usually ends up as a parking lot of broken karts.
From my original post...

Quote:

Here is how the full circuit would look in practice with barriers in place.
For rolling starts which I believe the karts have to run nose to tail in two lines at a prescribed speed.
There is a cone in the centre of the track, which the two lines must pass either side of. As such the initial chicane is not used, but is on all other laps.

Old 18 Feb 2013, 14:03 (Ref:3206712)   #22
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
i must read more.
Old 1 Mar 2013, 01:00 (Ref:3212494)   #23
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
I had hoped to have this finished bit time has escaped me.

This was intended as February 2

Name:	Feb 2.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	182.0 KB
ID:	39453 Click image for larger version

Name:	Feb 2 Small Dims.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	39454

Name:	Feb 2 Med Dims.jpg
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	39455 Click image for larger version

Name:	Feb 2 Big Dims.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	39456
Old 1 Mar 2013, 09:31 (Ref:3212639)   #24
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I had hoped to have this finished bit time has escaped me.

This was intended as February 2

Attachment 39453 Attachment 39454

Attachment 39455 Attachment 39456
I would like to see them race on a perimeter circuit, linking the two turns in the top left corner of the diagram with a straight or an almost straight.
Would it make any conceptual sense to add that configuration?
Old 8 Mar 2013, 19:59 (Ref:3216105)   #25
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Here is one for March

THe Full Circuit is 6.565km or 4.103 miles

THe Red Circuit is 5.847km or 3.655 miles

THe Blue Circuit is 5.128km or 3.205 miles

THe Green Circuit is 4.412km or 2.756 miles
Attached Thumbnails
Feb 3 Full Black.jpg   Feb 3 Red.jpg   Feb 3 Blue.jpg  

Feb 3 Green.jpg