Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

View Poll Results: Best of the guys who aren't signed for the full season?
Bourdais 9 50.00%
Giaffone 3 16.67%
Junquiera 7 38.89%
B Lazier 2 11.11%
J Lazier 1 5.56%
Meira 2 11.11%
Papis 3 16.67%
Unser Jr 3 16.67%
Yasukawa 1 5.56%
Someone else 3 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 Apr 2004, 14:46 (Ref:932371)   #1
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Out of the non-regulars, who most deserves an Indy 500 drive?

We've got 33 cars and more beside for the race this year. Many of the drivers have yet to be named, and some established talents are looking for a drive. So, out of all the guys who aren't IRL regulars (I'm defining Rice and Fernandez as such), which 2 or 3 deserve a chance?
Old 6 Apr 2004, 16:01 (Ref:932430)   #2
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hello N I Tram, welcome to the boards

I think Little Al has still got a few years left in him. He is supposed to drive for Patrick for the rest of the year, but they havne't got a sponsor yet (as far am I'm aware).

Giaffonie is a great driver, he needs to get a ride. Shame he's lost his sponsor...but still someone might pick him up yet. Still a few seats to fill.

Meria has certainly got the talent, hopefully Rahal will get another car for him for Indy. He needs to put on a good peformance at Motegi though.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 17:32 (Ref:932521)   #3
rush1
Veteran

rush1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Bourdais is very talented and deserves a shot at open wheel racings biggest prize. It would be great for Buddy Lazier to get a shot at his second Indy win as well.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 17:41 (Ref:932538)   #4
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Bourdais is the best of those listed, but he belongs in F1. Come on Flav! Show Jarno the door!
Old 6 Apr 2004, 17:54 (Ref:932557)   #5
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's a pretty solid list.....

Gotta agree with BSchneiderFan on who is probably the most talented, but when you get to that level, there isn't much that separates the best from those that are just a half-notch down.....

My vote was for Max Papis....he has run strong at Indy, and I'd like to see him return....

Little Al will be there with patrick...even if it's the only race they do this season due to $$$$....

But if I were a team owner, I'd certainly be happy with Bruno or Buddy Lazier who have both raced there before....

The others have all shown a solid ability to drive as well....

With the 9 "TBA" spots, I see many, if not all, of these drivers taking seats in cars at the Brickyard....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 6 Apr 2004, 18:15 (Ref:932577)   #6
sgw2
Racer

United States
Sunnyvale, California
sgw2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Junqueira who came close to winning two years ago deserves it. Miera drove exceptionally well for Menard and he deserves a shot. Bourdais is a really good driver who could win as a rookie. Felipe Giaffione is the next best guy on the list, who is safe. I also voted for "someone else" because Richie Hearn and Robby Gordon weren't on the list. Only Hearn and Giaffone don't have rides yet - Bourdais is iffy at NHR.

Last edited by sgw2; 6 Apr 2004 at 18:19.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 11:11 (Ref:933265)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bourdais could probably do a good job in F1, but he defiantely could in the 500. If he gets a second NHR car he could easily match Bruno's performance - I've got him down as favourite for the ChampCar title in fact.

There are some great drivers looking for rides, no doubt about it. Maybe some of these will get to complete the IRL season - Al Jr and Meira look the most likely to.
Old 8 Apr 2004, 21:02 (Ref:934757)   #8
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is a tough question, because all of those guys on the list, are quite capable of winning this race, with a decent ride.

Then there are the others. Alot of good ones out the such as Robby Gordon, whom I voted for(other),who is putting out a max effort to win it this year. Also Richie Hearn, and what about Dare?

Danica Patrick