Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 29 Jun 2008, 07:48 (Ref:2239560)   #1
the interpreter
Rookie

the interpreter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
STCC Volvo team - what is the history of the Project Sweden?

A few years ago I recall reading that the then-Volvo Flash Engineering team had started Project Sweden - a task to build a phase 2 S60 in Sweden instead of continuing with the existing car as built by Prodrive in 2002.

Apparently this involved getting together a consortium of engineering partners in Sweden who worked with the team (and still did when it became Polestar) on things such as suspension, engine, and chassis for the S60.

Does anyone know anything about this - information or links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
the interpreter
Old 2 Jul 2008, 17:33 (Ref:2242357)   #2
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Im sure there are a lot of people with more details and even inside knowledge, but since nobody else has replied, here are a few things from the top of my head.

I think they altogether dropped the S60 over the new S30 model, because this year they started to race the just developed S30. They are running the "old" E85 engines they ripped out from the S60ies they raced last year.

From what I heard this S30 is first fully "in house" developed car they've made and they took the old engines and some other parts to minimize the teething problems. Though ironically, they supposedly have had the most problems with exactly those parts that they salvaged from the previous S60s.

That's about as deep as my knowledge goes regarding Volvos TCC efforts.
Old 2 Jul 2008, 18:39 (Ref:2242409)   #3
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He's thinking of the 2nd generation S60 that Flash/Polestar built and homoligated by themselves for the 2005 season that had almost nothing in common with the Prodrive S60. Not really sure what more you want to know about it, seems like there really isnt much more to the story?