Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Jan 2009, 18:03 (Ref:2370774)   #101
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Nice Memories of great Cars !

http://s10b.directupload.net/file/d/1673/akze7726_jpg
Old 31 Jan 2009, 13:38 (Ref:2383183)   #102
benjabulle
Racer

benjabulle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I added photos of the VIPER, taken last year at the JCR, that's here :

http://www.gurneyflap.com/sportproto.html
Old 31 Jan 2009, 16:31 (Ref:2383269)   #103
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
IMO it's still too soon for GT90's, Group C/GTP took a good few years to establish itself after the idea of a historic series was first mooted.

Many of these cars could still compete in national GT series.
Old 29 Apr 2009, 20:57 (Ref:2452442)   #104
FLORENT MOULIN
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
FLORENT MOULIN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello,

Next GT90s Revival race on 8-10th of may ...

There will be 15 cars on the grid, will drive the Viper "C27" ex. Oreca car from Daytona 2000.

Best

Florent
Old 11 May 2009, 17:20 (Ref:2460285)   #105
hurstg01
Rookie

England
Berkshire
hurstg01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations Florent on your race win

Old 11 May 2009, 19:22 (Ref:2460366)   #106
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I so badly want to see these cars race.

When I was 4 and went to night qualifying seeing those GT cars spit flames out of their exhausts at Indianapolis at 11pm, I fell in love with the place and I've loved sportcar racing ever since.

My favourite at the time was the huge, rumbling Panoz - if they have that in the series, I'l have a fit.
Old 11 May 2009, 19:29 (Ref:2460377)   #107
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
G4J is wise beyond his years.
Old 15 May 2009, 17:57 (Ref:2463043)   #108
FLORENT MOULIN
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurstg01 View Post
Congratulations Florent on your race win

Lol ... many thanks !!!

It was a crazy week end...

Due to a customer delivery last week we couldn't have a shakedown with C27 before we arrived at Dijon. It was never used after 2000 season and I did a total rebuild to have it fully race ready. Except for C21 the Daytona winning car that wen to Chrysler museum immediately after the race, C27 is the most original ex. Factory Viper in existence.

We TOTALLY missed the practices "only 45 min" and qualifying brake balance / aero set up / chassis set up / Motec timing / etc ... everything had to be done !!!

So I only qualified in 4th ( ) for the saturday race and 3rd for the sunday race.

Finally on the Friday evening every flaws were corrected and the car was just superb to drive in race.

Unfortunately on Saturday I couldn't pass the 2 993 GT2s at the start ( one had no restrictors and more than 700 HP ... ) and spent 2 laps at there back, on the 4th lap I pressed the 993s, passed one but spun and went into the gravels. Thought back on the track the car was running perfect I decided to stop for safety reasons, there were a lot of gravels underneath between on the flat floors.
On lap 4 I was already 2sec. quicker than in qualifying !!!

On Sunday things were much different, once again the car was marvellous to drive then rain arrived ... and we finally won the race by one lap !!!

It was a great emotion to bring back a factory Viper to victory and then maintain the legend alive.

GT90s Revival only need motivated and passionate owners to bring there cars back to life like I do with my Vipers. These were fabulous times from the Golden Age of GT racing ( remember the GT1s !!! ).

Another race is planned at Le Castellet in October I will do my best to attrack owners there, the Series deserves it.

See pictures from the Viper at : http://www.racingforever.com/phpwebg.../category/5144

All the best,

Florent
Old 15 May 2009, 19:32 (Ref:2463090)   #109
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah man the red Oreca Viper, really good looking car. I don't like the GT2 long-back one. This looks like a muscle car.
You're a lucky man!!
Old 4 Nov 2009, 18:58 (Ref:2575790)   #110
hurstg01
Rookie

England
Berkshire
hurstg01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dragging this thread back up

Florent, you win again!!

Congratulations. Sorry it was a flying 'hello / goodbye' at Goodwood in July this year as you were walking back to the paddock - There was a drink in the Beer tent with my name on it
Old 26 Nov 2009, 20:48 (Ref:2589870)   #111
FLORENT MOULIN
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Hi Mate,

I remember you at Goodwood, the Festival is always a very busy week end with so many things to do !

The Castellet race was not the hardest battle I've ever done but it's was nice to go back with two more wins. Finally I won 3 times on 4 races this year !

The Saleen is a fabulous race car, so quick and easy at high speed compared to the Viper.

Bobby Verdon Roe came with his Lister but had to retire before the race, the Storm suffered a brake caliper problem.

My friends P.Chevallard and Y. Saguato drove the Daytona Viper. Phlippe did well at the wheel and was the quickest on track after the Saleen.

The GT90 continue in 2010 and I strongly hope other collectors will join.

All the best

Florent
Old 26 Nov 2009, 20:50 (Ref:2589873)   #112
FLORENT MOULIN
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
See pictures at http://www.gt90s-revival.com/gallery.php
Old 27 Nov 2009, 11:24 (Ref:2590066)   #113
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
kingkai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a question on your viper. I am building 2 of the 3 LM 2000 Oreca cars in 1/24 scale and like to know what the safetyscreen behind the driver (in front of the fuelfillers looked like in those days. Where they all Carbon fiber or where they CF with a window in the middle for rearview (like the later and French GT vipers have). Do you have a better picture of it? Like to recreate this safetyscreen, but need to know if it was all CF or CF with plasticscreen in the middle..
Thank you for your time and your information on this great series, which defenatly lacks broadcast.

Last edited by kingkai; 27 Nov 2009 at 11:36.
Old 27 Nov 2009, 11:52 (Ref:2590080)   #114
FLORENT MOULIN
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Hi

Here is an interting subject about the various regulations requirement.

These safety screens were used in ALMS and Le Mans and not in FIA-GT. actually, only the ACO reg. cars wereffitted with them.

The are in carbon with a window in the middle.

Send me an email at contact@florentmoulin.com and I'll send you pictures.

Best

Florent