Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 24 Jun 2018, 10:24 (Ref:3832815)   #5851
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lamborghini targeting normally aspirated, multi-cylinder, hybrid future. Come on guys, let's have one of your crazy concept cars in the top class at LM.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/i...12-powerplants
Old 27 Jun 2018, 14:43 (Ref:3833331)   #5852
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately the racetrack is no longer the place for crazy concepts. Road cars are far more interesting these days. As motorsports fans, the best that we can hope for is something that hopefully looks kinda good and is maybe entertaining. For example. I haven't been able to stop reading about and looking at photos of the new Aston DBS Superleggera since I first saw it yesterday afternoon, and that's a fairly ho-hum car compared to something like the Valkyrie and downright boring compared to the Valkyrie AMR Pro (not a road car, I know). The reveal of the ACO "hypercar" was instantly disappointing and held my interest for maybe 15 minutes, because that's how long it took to read and look at all of the renders. One persons opinion, sure.

Last edited by TRuss; 27 Jun 2018 at 14:57.
Old 28 Jun 2018, 13:42 (Ref:3833458)   #5853
tigas
Racer

Portugal
Lisbon, Portugal
tigas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, unlike all those limited edition unobtainium cars, real racing cars for the WEC are supposed to run 24h without major problems.
Old 6 Jul 2018, 09:58 (Ref:3834971)   #5854
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So, with all that restrictions (L/D and engine) ACO should change the banner from "Technological innovations" to "Advertising innovations". Maybe it's just another FIA plot to make F1 more interesting (from technical point of view)?
Old 26 Jul 2018, 21:02 (Ref:3838952)   #5855
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Haven't seen anyone post this https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...otype-concept/

Glickenhaus wants to run something of the like in the future gtp(?)/lmp1 class.
Old 27 Jul 2018, 13:08 (Ref:3839090)   #5856
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Haven't seen anyone post this https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...otype-concept/

I hope he can pull a car together for the new regs. I also like that he said he will finance and race this even if nobody else wants to buy one.
Old 27 Jul 2018, 20:44 (Ref:3839185)   #5857
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I hope he can pull a car together for the new regs. I also like that he said he will finance and race this even if nobody else wants to buy one.
The man likes to race but wow was the hatred spread on thick in the comments section about it being a GT car not a prototype
Old 27 Jul 2018, 21:01 (Ref:3839187)   #5858
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
The man likes to race but wow was the hatred spread on thick in the comments section about it being a GT car not a prototype
12 year olds who've never seen the 911 GT1 and the likes.
Old 27 Jul 2018, 22:21 (Ref:3839193)   #5859
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hated? On the internet? By people behind keyboards?
Old 27 Jul 2018, 22:54 (Ref:3839196)   #5860
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I did recognize a few there on both sides the debate and the usual antagonists posting just to be that guy that do the same here. Course some of them just hate him and love PWC so you knew they were there.

Think it's a smart play from him, get out in front of the ACO announcement and make them respond. And so far everything he has promised to deliver they've delivered. He has ideas he'd love to pursue but he promised to bring his first car to the track and did, promised to make and get approved a US approved street car and well he got that license last fall I believe. Now I doubt I'll ever see one in person but I haven't seen a Bugatti either but I know they're out there. And who knows maybe a DPi one day or IMSA will get the big cars again too.
Old 28 Jul 2018, 00:45 (Ref:3839205)   #5861
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
So, with all that restrictions (L/D and engine) ACO should change the banner from "Technological innovations" to "Advertising innovations". Maybe it's just another FIA plot to make F1 more interesting (from technical point of view)?
OEM marketing departments really have to stop being included in regulations discussions. As soon as you replace the word "competitor" with "partner" you've created something bereft of meaning or long term purpose.
Old 28 Jul 2018, 12:10 (Ref:3839285)   #5862
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
I do think it looks too much like a GT car, that render at least.
Old 28 Jul 2018, 22:18 (Ref:3839646)   #5863
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
It looks good to me, but doesn't look like a top-class type of car. I guess the Ford GT has about the same look but imo that's not a prototype or GTP or whatever they want to call it. Hopefully he enters because more competition is always great, especially quality competition. I think it will look better outside of renders. I don't like the wide cockpit look like the original DP's, but this looks a little skinnier than that
Old 29 Jul 2018, 03:17 (Ref:3839703)   #5864
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

For me it's a glickenhaus 004 with shark fin and rear wing

http://autoweek.com/article/supercar...ar-glickenhaus
Old 6 Aug 2018, 14:35 (Ref:3841853)   #5865
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ford, Ferrari Exit 2020 ‘Hypercar’ Talks

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ypercar-talks/
Old 6 Aug 2018, 16:06 (Ref:3841870)   #5866
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
It comes amid speculation that Ford has already committed internally to a DPi program for as early as 2019.
lol
Old 6 Aug 2018, 16:48 (Ref:3841882)   #5867
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
lol
Gotta prop up imsa whenever possible ya'know I don't expect more than Toyota to join automatically in the new rules. If any other manufacturer joins its 100% more than we have now. In the meantime the private teams will be sufficient if they level the playing field.
Old 6 Aug 2018, 16:51 (Ref:3841884)   #5868
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ford DPi confirmed? Man, I thought I'd never see the day. Is that right alongside the Ferrari LMP1 that's super confirmed?

Problem with this rule set is it pretty much requires manufacturers to come along. If they do, great. If they don't...well, there's no cars lol. At least current LMP1 allows Oreca, Dallara and Ginetta (ha) to sell some cars I guess.
Old 6 Aug 2018, 17:00 (Ref:3841885)   #5869
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

Who says the privateers can't continue with the current cars for at least a few years? They are not manufacturers so are not interested in the 'styling' anyway.
Old 6 Aug 2018, 17:00 (Ref:3841886)   #5870
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

Quote:
Gotta prop up imsa whenever possible ya'know
It's just so funny, in the exact same article it's claimed Ford will only join when there is a joint top level prototype class.
Old 6 Aug 2018, 17:39 (Ref:3841895)   #5871
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Who says the privateers can't continue with the current cars for at least a few years? They are not manufacturers so are not interested in the 'styling' anyway.
I'd like to add that the new rules are still 2 years away. That's plenty of time to produce a new car and test. Most everyone is in the same time frame. They have to learn the specifics of the new rules, so it's not like they'll be on the back foot. They could probably use the same engines too. I wouldn't be surprised to see these guys come up with their own hypercar look also. Ligier is making a road car. They're more than capable of styling a prototype, as is Oreca, Dallara etc.
Old 6 Aug 2018, 19:25 (Ref:3841925)   #5872
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
Quote:
I'd like to add that the new rules are still 2 years away. That's plenty of time to produce a new car and test. Most everyone is in the same time frame. They have to learn the specifics of the new rules, so it's not like they'll be on the back foot. They could probably use the same engines too. I wouldn't be surprised to see these guys come up with their own hypercar look also. Ligier is making a road car. They're more than capable of styling a prototype, as is Oreca, Dallara etc.
Dallara is making a road car too.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/da...treet-car-news.
I guess the Ligier for the new hypercar class may be more similar to JSP4.
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/la-...de-birmingham/
Old 6 Aug 2018, 19:34 (Ref:3841929)   #5873
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

As far as I know the new class is not going to be an actual GT class. There will be no homologation requirements, the idea seems to be just be prototype cars that look more like road cars than the current crop.
Old 6 Aug 2018, 19:50 (Ref:3841931)   #5874
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
If the ACO are going to want more road car-esque styling cues, I'd like to see something deeper than most of the DPI entries, but I don't want out and out GT hyper cars, either.
Old 7 Aug 2018, 22:58 (Ref:3842213)   #5875
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
As far as I know the new class is not going to be an actual GT class. There will be no homologation requirements, the idea seems to be just be prototype cars that look more like road cars than the current crop.
That's why I linked to the story about their road cars. They can style a prototype or gtp to look like a hypercar. Anyone can if you have the will and the way. If this appeals to small hypercar manufacturers like a Pagani or Koenigsegg that's a plus imo.