Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 9 Jul 2018, 11:02 (Ref:3835641)   #26
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Any word on the supertouring entry list?
Old 9 Jul 2018, 11:08 (Ref:3835643)   #27
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Any word on the supertouring entry list?
As of last Wednesday there were 29 entries, but that’s all I can tell you! Guess list will appear on HSCC website with all their other races....
Old 11 Jul 2018, 14:36 (Ref:3836084)   #28
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a quick mention but the test day entry is up on the HSCC mentioned includes a Aston Martin AMR-1 for the Endurance Legends and a 908 amongst others
Old 11 Jul 2018, 15:57 (Ref:3836087)   #29
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I have my tickets ordered. Hope the weather can stay dry. I have bad memories of a previous event with me standing on hangar straight, soaked to the bone (2015/ 2016?)
Old 11 Jul 2018, 16:46 (Ref:3836097)   #30
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I have my tickets ordered. Hope the weather can stay dry. I have bad memories of a previous event with me standing on hangar straight, soaked to the bone (2015/ 2016?)
2015 rained on the Friday and Sunday.Hope the dry weather stays for the event but not the heat like Le Mans
Old 12 Jul 2018, 08:47 (Ref:3836247)   #31
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Received some great news this am. Rover rebuild is finished and now ready for race prep. Waheeey!
Old 12 Jul 2018, 11:06 (Ref:3836275)   #32
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Received some great news this am. Rover rebuild is finished and now ready for race prep. Waheeey!
Good to hear,good luck👍.
Old 12 Jul 2018, 17:16 (Ref:3836333)   #33
Willmaz223
Veteran

Looking at the weather ahead looks like it will be similar to last year will sun and rain appearing at the event,hopeully the weather gods can take pity n the event which doesn't have the greatest record with the rain.
Old 12 Jul 2018, 21:43 (Ref:3836384)   #34
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The last time we exhibited was the coldest, wettest, wildest weekend you could ever anticipate in July. Truly terrible, and trade was virtually zero. Still I did make two new friends who we are still in touch with, so every cloud etc....and there were a lot of clouds!

Fingers crossed for decent racing weather.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 13 Jul 2018, 13:31 (Ref:3836485)   #35
Willmaz223
Veteran

Masters Entry List:
http://www.mastershistoricracing.com...y%20Lists.pdf/
Old 13 Jul 2018, 13:36 (Ref:3836486)   #36
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
64 cars for the Pre 66 GT race! That should make the GP circuit look a bit busier.....

Touch and go for us as the SLR is currently having a piston replaced. Should be collecting Tuesday..... Paintwork done, though!
Old 13 Jul 2018, 15:37 (Ref:3836496)   #37
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
64 cars for the Pre 66 GT race! That should make the GP circuit look a bit busier.....

Touch and go for us as the SLR is currently having a piston replaced. Should be collecting Tuesday..... Paintwork done, though!
Unable to attend but looks good although the decision to have 2 historic f1 races in the space of two weeks on the same track is a bit odd although they both have and had two strong grids although a number of regulars are not there in terms of the GT and sports cars.
Old 13 Jul 2018, 21:48 (Ref:3836568)   #38
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Being a morning person like the old pits and those races although the Pre War Grid is missing
We have entered the 356 in Pre63 so may stir a few people up!
The 356 mob were not at their best at LMC with Will being unlucky in first race and others being pedestrian which I think is polite way of expressing slow
Old 13 Jul 2018, 21:52 (Ref:3836569)   #39
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

I thought you finally had the engine sorted Mike.

Very frustrating to have continuing niggles I would imagine.
Old 13 Jul 2018, 21:58 (Ref:3836570)   #40
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
I think Mike drives the car on track and road and helps the team at the tracks
Sounds like he is one preparing it?
Believe that’s not the case and it’s the gang just off A1
I may be wrong?
Old 14 Jul 2018, 03:04 (Ref:3836599)   #41
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
I may be wrong?

Probably should have written

"I thought the engine was sorted Mike."

Because it lasted for its last track outing.
Old 14 Jul 2018, 05:09 (Ref:3836602)   #42
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Being a morning person like the old pits and those races although the Pre War Grid is missing
We have entered the 356 in Pre63 so may stir a few people up!
Which 356, John? I'll be parked up in the old (national) paddock, even though the Pre 66 grid starts from the wing....

Quote:
I may be wrong?
Correct, I am not primary preparer for any of the cars I am fortunate to race- except my own of course.... The red SLR is currently with it's engine builder west of Cambridge, but is primarily looked after near Brands Hatch.

Last edited by Mike Bell; 14 Jul 2018 at 05:17.
Old 14 Jul 2018, 06:14 (Ref:3836604)   #43
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

The 356 is a series 6 GT that we bring out every now and again to annoy other 356’s and those pesky Morgan’s!
It’s been lead car in Pre63 a few times.
Now ,due to my advanced age ,is ready to be disposed of so one last blast!
John E does s great job promoting Morgans and deserves all his success as some of the recent Morgen drivers have not spread the word as well as they could . Simon is the exception to this.
Old 15 Jul 2018, 08:06 (Ref:3836734)   #44
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Looking at the weather ahead looks like it will be similar to last year will sun and rain appearing at the event,hopeully the weather gods can take pity n the event which doesn't have the greatest record with the rain.
Remember a sport is not a sport unless the participants are not in severe danger and discomfort
Old 15 Jul 2018, 09:56 (Ref:3836761)   #45
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by p261brm View Post
Remember a sport is not a sport unless the participants are not in severe danger and discomfort
That's what some people hopefully the minority seem to think however normally when it rains heavily in historic racing the grid sizes normally shrink by a 1/4.

Another topic:HGPCA Entry:

http://www.hgpca.net/images/2017_Doc...structions.pdf
Old 16 Jul 2018, 06:01 (Ref:3836890)   #46
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Well, the earlier forecasts of some rain Friday and Saturday have been downgraded, and now both Beeb and Metoffice are suggesting dry all the way through..... This is good news for those of us staying at the circuit and for the Friday eve Marshal’s BBQ!
Old 16 Jul 2018, 08:03 (Ref:3836900)   #47
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Still no supertouring entry list?
Old 17 Jul 2018, 05:59 (Ref:3837061)   #48
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have two spare passes if anyone would like them. PM me, first come first served.
Old 17 Jul 2018, 07:50 (Ref:3837066)   #49
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I have two spare passes if anyone would like them. PM me, first come first served.
Hi Peter, have sent a PM. Many thanks.
Old 17 Jul 2018, 10:27 (Ref:3837083)   #50
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Hello. I'm in between flights but unfortunately they've gone.