Whos staying sunday night??
and whos going to get very vey drunk??
Old 13 Oct 2000, 17:40 (Ref:42768)   #2
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going, not staying, driving not drinking!
Old 13 Oct 2000, 20:58 (Ref:42789)   #3
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tut, tut, didn't think you were old enough to get drunk Mr Macky
One FFord race at your average BTCC is enough, a full day of the things sounds like supreme boredom to me
Old 15 Oct 2000, 21:30 (Ref:43098)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
If you think i'm going all that way to see a bunch of spindley things driven by kids...
Old 15 Oct 2000, 22:04 (Ref:43107)   #5
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
jeez the festival is the best event of the year. Formula Ford racing is the best in the world and this is a whole day of it. It is the most important event for all drivers, teams and manufacturers so everybody is driving their hearts out. To say they are 'kids' well most are far more talented than the blessed aged touring car drivers you all love and the ones that arent talent provide even more entertainment (basically you can laugh at them).

And Im only half a year off being old enough to drink and I bet I could out drink all of you.
Old 15 Oct 2000, 22:12 (Ref:43111)   #6
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
You probably could - but you'd need the stomach pump on standby...

Full day of spindles? Count me out. (*yawn*) And if you think that FFords provide the best racing in the world, then you don't get out enough.. Come to a classic saloon meeting for REAL entertainment.
Old 15 Oct 2000, 22:27 (Ref:43113)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Mackperson, that sounds decidedly like a challenge to me... However, judging by the way you never showed up to any of our meetings, I fear that you might lose. Anyway, wouldn't daddy tell you off ?

As for FFord - I have nothing against it to be honest, just idiots like Luke Hines who pull some of the most ludicrous moves i've ever seen (yes, he won the unofficial 10 Tenths award for ******** of the year after his effort at Oulton...) He is undoubtedly still a kid who thinks he's still in cadet karts... and it's no wonder his old man is trying to introduce a new, 'safer', Formula Bumper Car series...
Old 16 Oct 2000, 20:58 (Ref:43234)   #8
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didnt you know Luke's real name is Forest Gump. He doesnt class as a formula ford driver he just drives formula fords.

Why would daddy tell me off he was young once.

Ive heard rumours that you maybe sponsoring a FFord driver next season.
Old 18 Oct 2000, 17:24 (Ref:43460)   #9
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Heh you lot are only going on about the FFords - what about the Fiestas - I'm only going to see Maxi Jazz again!
Old 19 Oct 2000, 18:28 (Ref:43615)   #10
Tony Harman
Veteran

Tony Harman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Grrrr Some of you lot have really surprised me with the attitide taken here about FF's. I'm not going to profess to being a big FF fan since my childhood, I used to go to club meetings in the 80's and think they were a bunch of rich kids falling off at every corner. And I agree that element is still there, BUT it is still the premier junior formula for single seaters in Europe, despite taking a battering from the likes of FVJ, F Renault etc over the last few years. Some of the guy's that are going to be out there are very, very good. It is where the future F1 drivers are going to be sourced from (although too quickly in my opinion) and after all F1 is supposed to be the pinnacle of motorsport (although that comment is probably another thread in itself)
I started racing a Classic FF two years ago (they will be at Brands too, along with the Historics and Super Classics, no F2000 though) and I now know why it was such a good starter formula, these things ain't easy to drive quickly believe me, although the new Zetec series on slicks are more akin to driving an old F2000 rather than an FF1600 in terms of power and levels of grip, just compare some of the times.
As for saloons being better, they're not better just different. I raced most of this year with the CSCC brigade and they're a great bunch and put on some really entertaining racing, but BTCC - sorry guys but they pull just as many dumb manouvres as Mr Hines - most of them would get thrown out of a club meeting for their driving tactics - but it's what the punters pay to see, it's profesional motorsport - completely detached from club racing.
I'm not sure FF is the best in the world but the FF Festival is one of the best meetings of the year, non-championship but probably carries as much weight if not more than winning the National Championship, these guy's will get just one chance at the weekend to prove themselves and boy are they going to be trying - very, very, very hard.
Old 21 Oct 2000, 07:32 (Ref:43842)   #11
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
As we were in the vicinity on Friday hubby & I popped down to Brands and watched the FF Grand National and it was very good. It was pouring with rain and the final was red flagged due to poor light. Poor old Stefan Hodgetts qualified 4th in the final but had to push his car off the grid and then the marshalls helped and ran him over!!
Roll on Sunday!
Old 23 Oct 2000, 05:35 (Ref:44187)   #12
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Excellent racing Sunday - very impressive. A well done to Davidson for winning and to Danica Patrick for a well deserved second. First ever for a girl to get on the podium.

Commisserations to Maxi Jazz - only managed 3/4 of a lap (and it wasn't his fault - no where to go when the cars infront had a coming together)
Old 25 Oct 2000, 19:19 (Ref:44767)   #13
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
Originally posted by Mackmot
Didnt you know Luke's real name is Forest Gump. He doesnt class as a formula ford driver he just drives formula fords.

Why would daddy tell me off he was young once.

Ive heard rumours that you maybe sponsoring a FFord driver next season.
Who's this oaf...

...and what's he doing with Katie ?
Old 26 Oct 2000, 11:24 (Ref:44921)   #14
Tony Harman
Veteran

Tony Harman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Les, did you get to see the SRCC Sports 2000 race on Sunday, Was it any good ?
I heard they will be broadcasting the Festival on Sky sometime - not sure when though
Old 26 Oct 2000, 19:30 (Ref:45034)   #15
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Which race? Just looked in the progy but sure which one you mean. Saw the Equador sports 2000 Trophy won by Glen Dudley.

I must admit I didn't watch everything - too busy cuddling with Maxi Jazz and yaking with RickP. I am not the worlds greatest single seater fan.