Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Mar 2012, 13:48 (Ref:3046569)   #26
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
whose was the M3?
Old 22 Mar 2012, 16:17 (Ref:3046631)   #27
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Jake should know. He was there. L'E facebook page has a few pix on it, or Xynamic. Although I think Gary missed the Macca, which is ironic, really...
Old 22 Mar 2012, 16:27 (Ref:3046635)   #28
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
whose was the M3?
Chris Stockton- think it's the car he ran in Europe last year. Are we going to see it in British GT this season?

http://www.site-fusion.co.uk/files/w...igboadvert.jpg

According to Autosport, the Corvette will be back this year, and Jota will be running a Mazda UK-backed MX-5 in GT4- presumably the one that appeared in Britcar last year?
http://www.trackculture.com/2011/03/...s-its-an-mx-5/
Also no more KTM X-Bows in GT4- no longer eligible apparently?
Old 22 Mar 2012, 16:55 (Ref:3046650)   #29
jimmie
Rookie

jimmie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Jake should know. He was there. L'E facebook page has a few pix on it, or Xynamic. Although I think Gary missed the Macca, which is ironic, really...
got it on the way out of the garage. pre-flambé
Old 22 Mar 2012, 19:18 (Ref:3046736)   #30
sukispeed
Rookie

United States
San Antonio, TX
sukispeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it ture Mazda are entering the MX-5 GT built by Jota in to GT4 this year?
Old 23 Mar 2012, 20:13 (Ref:3047240)   #31
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's what it says in Autosport.

BTW what happend to the GTC class, I thought this was meant to be a class to draw entries?

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 23 Mar 2012, 22:31 (Ref:3047303)   #32
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
interesting....

media day photos of the mclaren decked out in #1 decals, really hope this means it will turn up for at least a few rounds
Old 2 Apr 2012, 11:21 (Ref:3052227)   #33
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oulton Park website has a BGT preview article up, including an entry list:

http://news.oultonpark.co.uk/worlds-...lton-park.aspx

Surprised the McLaren was on the list, thought they were doing a handful of races later on in the year, and there is no sign of a GT4 Aston, of which a story has been circulating lately (I think it was in Autosport). Any other omissions there?
Old 2 Apr 2012, 13:44 (Ref:3052295)   #34
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Yes, I'm surprised to see the McLaren there, as I thought I'd read that Geddie Snr planned to concentrate on GT Cup, as he wanted to drive it solo in some sprint races, rather than sharing the drive- I'm certainly not going to complain if it comes out to play in BGT a few times though!

There was definitely a mention of Steve Chaplin appearing in the Appleby's Generation AMR Vantage in Autosport (last week I think?) and IIRC he was out at the Media day. I think the Autosport piece said they were looking for a full-season deal for the second driver though, rather than selling the seat race-by-race, so maybe haven't yet tied that up?

Chris Stockton's GT4 M3 was out at the Media day as well, although I think I've read somewhere (possibly another forum?) that the car may be for sale and he's looking to run it in a few European races in the meantime?
The team's website says they're planning to do Dutch GT4...
http://pistonpics.com/photo14408573.html
http://www.btcracing.co.uk/

Edit to add- yes, found it, on the btcc.net forum- According to a posting on his Facebook page, he was working on a BTCC deal for this year, but it was conditional on being able to sell the M3- and a delay in a winter rebuild meant he couldn't sell it in time. He plans to race the M3 in Europe until the summer, then concentrate on 2013 BTCC plans. Either way, looks like we won't see it in BGT- I guess they were just using the Media day as a shakedown and test session....

Last edited by KA; 2 Apr 2012 at 13:54.
Old 2 Apr 2012, 21:44 (Ref:3052558)   #35
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
I never understood drivers' and fans' obsession with BTCC; surely it's like GT racing but less Grand?

Anyhow, British GT confirmed to me that the McLaren isn't at Oulton, its first race will be at Rockingham - pity.
Old 5 Apr 2012, 12:06 (Ref:3054029)   #36
KA
Veteran

27 on the Oulton entry list- with some interesting additions. A second Trackspeed Porsche (if it's ready in time- apparently it was only delivered on Tuesday, so will probably turn a wheel for the first time in free practice at Oulton!) for Steve Parrish & Nick Tandy, and RJN Motorsport giving their Blancpain Nissan a run out before Monza

http://www.britishgt.com/newsitem.php?key=1558

The Appleby Engineering Aston, and an additional Ginetta join the grid in GT4, plus a second Chevron

http://www.dailysportscar.com/viewAr...0AF44E32DDDEC0
Old 6 Apr 2012, 08:30 (Ref:3054380)   #37
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Liking the additional entries there, didn't see the second Nissan coming. I'll be there on Monday, hoping the rain holds off. But two British GT races in one day with an entry list like that more than makes up for the weather!
Old 6 Apr 2012, 21:12 (Ref:3054634)   #38
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have 3 spaces left in our hospitality box at Oulton park this weekend over looking Old Hall. If you fancy it then please DM me
Old 7 Apr 2012, 11:07 (Ref:3054776)   #39
reed
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
reed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Duncan Cameron/Matt Griffin fastest in first practice on a damp track. Second session on now.

http://www.tsl-timing.com/livetiming...mingBF3GT.html
Old 7 Apr 2012, 16:14 (Ref:3054915)   #40
reed
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
reed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bateman on pole for race one, Westbrook for race two. Good mix of cars up at the front, looks very close.
Old 7 Apr 2012, 16:34 (Ref:3054921)   #41
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Any idea what's up with the Mazda? Don't think I saw it in the results of any of the sessions.
Old 8 Apr 2012, 14:05 (Ref:3055361)   #42
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
good point speed king; it's not at the circuit so I guess not ready for round 1.

Good day yesterday, stayed dry after the early morning too - don't think we'll have the same luck on Monday!

Classic Porsche v Ferrari encounter we look set for, but the variation and sounds behind them are fantastic.
Old 8 Apr 2012, 16:27 (Ref:3055399)   #43
Matthews Dad
Veteran

England
Northwich
Matthews Dad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed View Post
Bateman on pole for race one, Westbrook for race two. Good mix of cars up at the front, looks very close.
Would have been Bateman/ Bell on pole for round 2 as well if they hadnt been excluded for passing under yellows!

Marshalling at the event and the noise is great as they pass my post,
Old 9 Apr 2012, 07:09 (Ref:3055656)   #44
XRS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Sussex coast
XRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice video of a lap of Oulton by Joe Osborne in his GT3R on the British GT site. I understood the GT3Rs had a KERS system, but couldn't see any sign of it.
Old 9 Apr 2012, 12:35 (Ref:3055786)   #45
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRS View Post
Nice video of a lap of Oulton by Joe Osborne in his GT3R on the British GT site. I understood the GT3Rs had a KERS system, but couldn't see any sign of it.
Only the GT3-R hybrid has any kind of KERS, all the other GT3-Rs are bog standard internal-combustion-driven, and the hybrid has only ever been raced by Porsche Motorsport themselves.
Old 9 Apr 2012, 21:19 (Ref:3056059)   #46
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
Good day of racing despite the weather, although it only really rained hard during the first 20 mins of the second BGT race. Some great driving in the wet weather from several people. Really liking those Nissans, and the new G55 is nice too, sounded great!
Old 10 Apr 2012, 16:16 (Ref:3056554)   #47
Ian Briggs
Veteran

Ian Briggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spent Monday flagging at knickerbrook, so only a couple of feet from the cars, flippin marvelous, even in the rain.

Very very impressed by the driving especially in the 2 GT races, fast and close without clouting one another off the track, (unlike a certain other televised race series)
Old 10 Apr 2012, 16:52 (Ref:3056577)   #48
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
yes, that deserves a good mention; especially in those conditions with many gentlemen drivers and on a track famously difficult to overtake on. There were the odd couple of risky manuouvers, and I was surprised Cameron wasn't penalised when Lester went off after contact at Old Hall but I haven't seen the start of the incident, only the end.

Jann Mardenborough deserves a special mention for his drive in race 2, one of the quickest on track despite it being his first race meeting on Avons, in the wet, in a car he'd only driven at Paul Ricard before and on a circuit he'd never visited (even on a video game!).

So does Allan Simonsen, who seemed to be the only one to reliably find gaps that simply don't exist at that place, and cleanly each time - I'm very interested to watch a replay of his drive to second in the first race.
Old 10 Apr 2012, 17:00 (Ref:3056583)   #49
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was only at Oulton on Saturday for Qualifying but came away very impressed with the quality and quantity of the grid.

Steve Parish/Nick Tandy, Porsche 911 GT3 R by Alansart, on Flickr

Andrew Howard/Jonny Adam, Aston Martin Vantage GT3 by Alansart, on Flickr

David/Godfrey Jones, Mercedes AMG SL5 GT3 by Alansart, on Flickr

More photos here
Old 10 Apr 2012, 17:11 (Ref:3056586)   #50
G.Walker
Racer

Scotland
G.Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A superb grid of cars and 2 great races despite the weather.