Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 18 Feb 2018, 14:22 (Ref:3802171)   #2376
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
I believe Tordoff has bought/loaned from another team the TBL that he is using for 2018.

I think Motorbase have 2 TBL’s so they would have to replace MJ or risk losing a TBL which would mean if Tordoff left and took his TBL then Motorbase would only have a single entry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As far as I am aware there is only one driver on the grid that can take a licence with him to another team and that is Simpson as he owns the car. Tordoff does not own the Focus, unless of course you know different.
Old 18 Feb 2018, 14:29 (Ref:3802172)   #2377
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Tordoff does not own the Focus, unless of course you know different.
This may well be true; BMR don't own any of the Subarus. Car ownership and TBL ownership are different things entirely.

Moffat do own their Merc in addition to Simpson owning a Honda.
Old 18 Feb 2018, 14:30 (Ref:3802173)   #2378
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Regardless of which they still have 3 TBL'S.
Where did their third TBL come from?
In 2017 they had two - and a loaned TBL from Welch for the season.
Old 18 Feb 2018, 14:33 (Ref:3802174)   #2379
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[QUOTE=Jiiiiiiim;3802161
Mind you with the whole Jackson saga, they aren’t covering themselves in glory at present.[/QUOTE]

Well if the rumors are true then Mr Jackson has got everything he deserves
Old 18 Feb 2018, 14:33 (Ref:3802175)   #2380
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
As far as I am aware there is only one driver on the grid that can take a licence with him to another team and that is Simpson as he owns the car. Tordoff does not own the Focus, unless of course you know different.
Thanks for reminding me about Simpson, I'd forgotten about him.

What matters is the TBL, the car is not I believe linked to the TBL. e.g. If Team Parker change from a Ford to a BMW then it does not require them to obtain a new TBL, there aren't any left anyway, it is still the same Team Parker entity that owns the TBL.
Old 18 Feb 2018, 14:36 (Ref:3802176)   #2381
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Mark is 100% correct here: Team GardX is a new team formed by the Tordoff business empire. Exactly like the the Moffats setup. It owns a TBL which is strongly rumoured as having been bought from BMR. The car will be run by Motorbase alongside their TWO Team Shredded Wheat cars.

We're simply waiting on a driver announcement for third car, that is the sole missing piece of this particular jigsaw.
Has Alan Gow changed the rules on TBL's for 2018?
For the 2017 season, teams had to confirm their TBL entry by 30 November 2016 - and pay their deposit.
As far as I can tell, the same was true for this season - which would mean the teams allocated the 32 TBL's referred to in the 1 December BTCC press release, would already have their deposits in.

If Tordoff's TBL was confirmed with TOCA on 30 November 2017, why did they wait until February to confirm their participation?
Old 18 Feb 2018, 14:38 (Ref:3802177)   #2382
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
Well if the rumors are true then Mr Jackson has got everything he deserves
have you never looked for a new employer to try and better yourself or achieve career goals?
Would you feel it was fair if you had sent your CV off to someone or had an interview to see what happened and you were fired on the spot?

...Mr Jackson may actually have a legal case here
Old 18 Feb 2018, 14:40 (Ref:3802178)   #2383
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Also the press release was from the beginning of ASI, Tordoff’s deal wasn’t signed until the Sunday after the show, it was rumoured at ASI, but Bartrum & Motorbase weren’t going to include the negotiations in a press release were they. Especially as Tordoff is bringing the TBL (loaned or purchased) to enable them to run him, Motorbase would of look very silly if the deal had not been done!
The TBL requires the entry to be confirmed with TOCA by 30 November 2017 (if the rules haven't changed). Did Tordoff register his entry, and then scout for a car/team to run him? It sounds like something Gow would not normally tolerate?
Old 18 Feb 2018, 14:41 (Ref:3802179)   #2384
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
What matters is the TBL, the car is not I believe linked to the TBL. e.g. If Team Parker change from a Ford to a BMW then it does not require them to obtain a new TBL, there aren't any left anyway, it is still the same Team Parker entity that owns the TBL.
Do you need to confirm what car you are entering at the time of paying your entrance fee and registering the TBL? (And do you have to confirm what team are running your car?)
Old 18 Feb 2018, 14:44 (Ref:3802180)   #2385
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The TBL requires the entry to be confirmed with TOCA by 30 November 2017 (if the rules haven't changed). Did Tordoff register his entry, and then scout for a car/team to run him? It sounds like something Gow would not normally tolerate?
nobody knows, i dont think a list of who the 32 were allocated to was published, even so previous seasons have seen these swapped and sold up to the season start before now.
Old 18 Feb 2018, 14:46 (Ref:3802181)   #2386
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
nobody knows, i dont think a list of who the 32 were allocated to was published
It is intriguing if Tordoff does own the TBL, and had his entry registered back in November?

I know Gow said that they weren't going to announce who the allocations were made to until Media Day. Interesting to see if they eventually confirm it was an allocation to Motorbase or JCT600/GardX?
Old 18 Feb 2018, 14:48 (Ref:3802182)   #2387
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Who knows when the Team GardX entry was confirmed? Those that do probably won't be talking about it.
Old 18 Feb 2018, 14:49 (Ref:3802183)   #2388
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it was done in such a way that originally the third Motorbase TBL was BMR's fourth TBL and (probably after this 30 November) BMR decided to sell this to Motorbase and this is how "two- car Team Shredded Wheat" expanded to three cars with the third one running under Team GardX banner. I doubt that Team GardX TBL belongs to 'Team GardX' (in this meaning Tordoff or his family or whatever). I think that this belongs to Motorbase but is being paid by GardX which is a main sponsor of Tordoff's car and this is why the third Motorbase car will run under Team GardX banner.
Old 18 Feb 2018, 14:50 (Ref:3802184)   #2389
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks for reminding me about Simpson, I'd forgotten about him.

Effectively all TBL's are returned to TOCA at the end of the season. For the next season TBL'S are issued based on a teams previous entry. Motorbase loaned Welch's TBL from his 2016 entry. But Motorbase having run cars last year entitled them to a 3rd TBL for this year if they wanted it. If they hadn't built a new car and run Butcher to replace Davenport, they would have lost the right to a 3rd TBL for this year.
Changing a car doesn't matter, but having a car does matter.
Old 18 Feb 2018, 14:50 (Ref:3802185)   #2390
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
It is intriguing if Tordoff does own the TBL, and had his entry registered back in November?

I know Gow said that they weren't going to announce who the allocations were made to until Media Day. Interesting to see if they eventually confirm it was an allocation to Motorbase or JCT600/GardX?
he probably means media day you will just find out the 32 cars on the grid with drivers and livery, they wont necesseraly make announcements about the date they were registered or TBLs officially exchanged and who to/from.

This is because previous years teams have sold TBL days after "the list" in November and they have traded hands days before Media day making it pointless publishing details till we know who has what
Old 18 Feb 2018, 15:41 (Ref:3802191)   #2391
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
If Tordoff's TBL was confirmed with TOCA on 30 November 2017, why did they wait until February to confirm their participation?
Why single out Tordoff, how many other TBL holders announced their plans in Nov/Dec last year?
Old 18 Feb 2018, 15:46 (Ref:3802193)   #2392
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post

This is because previous years teams have sold TBL days after "the list" in November and they have traded hands days before Media day making it pointless publishing details till we know who has what
That's not how Gow describes it though - and not what is written in the 2018 Sporting Regulations:

2018 regulations - 'Registrations will only be accepted from holders of a valid TOCA BTCC Licence (‘TBL’), initially by way of a deposit of £10,000 + VAT on or before November 30th 2017 to secure their entry. The Administrator may require a further deposit prior to the close of entries. The entrant agrees to abide at all times by the prevailing conditions and/or guidelines of the TBL.' 'A registration once made and accepted shall constitute a legally binding contract and a registration may only be withdrawn without penalty with the consent of the Administrator. An
entrant or driver whose registration is accepted and who otherwise fails to participate in the Championship shall forfeit their registration fees in their entirety.'

Alan Gow in 2016 - 'When the teams made their entry commitments and 50% deposits for the 2017 season, it was on the understanding that TOCA would not approve any subsequent fundamental changes to their entry or operation of the TBL, in other words, teams cannot sell or lease or loan etc., their TBL for 2017 once they made their commitment by November 30 and we issued our list. Hence why there were some last minute arrangements prior to the cut-off.' 'After the November 30 cut-off date, I won’t approve a movement of their TBL or entry.'
Old 18 Feb 2018, 15:58 (Ref:3802196)   #2393
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The level of pedantry in the past few pages is hurting my head.....

Obviously Motorbase had a third licence in their possession before the deadline and always intended to run 3 cars. Does it matter about the finer details?
Old 18 Feb 2018, 16:25 (Ref:3802197)   #2394
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
The level of pedantry in the past few pages is hurting my head.....

Obviously Motorbase had a third licence in their possession before the deadline and always intended to run 3 cars. Does it matter about the finer details?
^

Back on topic... Are there any drivers left in the TOCA package that could make the step up into one of the MG seats?
Old 18 Feb 2018, 16:28 (Ref:3802198)   #2395
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
thank god this was bought back from stupidity!!!

Yes I think AWE will be in the MG6, id love to see Jackson in the other but he wont be, Shaun was just doing his usual twitter trolling yesterday

My feel is TOC might yet be back in BTCC with motorbase, if we go on the basis of his twitter likes recently lol
Old 18 Feb 2018, 17:21 (Ref:3802204)   #2396
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wonder if they'll do the bodywork modifications that Triple Eight would liked to have done a few years ago.
Old 18 Feb 2018, 19:22 (Ref:3802207)   #2397
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a colossal waste of time. Three Motorbase cars, end of.

Last edited by thlbtcc; 18 Feb 2018 at 19:37.
Old 18 Feb 2018, 19:46 (Ref:3802212)   #2398
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
Bit late to the party!
Better late than never.
Old 18 Feb 2018, 19:55 (Ref:3802213)   #2399
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
I wonder if they'll do the bodywork modifications that Triple Eight would liked to have done a few years ago.
Hopefully, yes. Realistically, probably not... Happily though I don't think it's possible for the livery to look any worse than last year!
Old 18 Feb 2018, 19:56 (Ref:3802215)   #2400
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
Hopefully, yes. Realistically, probably not... Happily though I don't think it's possible for the livery to look any worse than last year!
The MGs have looked quite smart the last few years in red and white, big step up from the mess of Jack Goffs livery at least