Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 15 Oct 2000, 22:10 (Ref:43109)   #1
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
... to everyone who's made this year such a fantastic and memorable experience. Thanks to all the drivers, whether they read the forums or not, the teams, the marshals, circuit staff etc, etc. Your are most appreciated

And most of all, thanks to everyone from this site who has come to any of the meetings, and helped to make a good year a really fantastic one. I've had some brilliant days out in excellent company, and I think with very few, if any, exceptions, I'd be more than happy to spend time in your company.

Once again, thanks everyone - here's to next year!
Old 15 Oct 2000, 22:20 (Ref:43112)   #2
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!

I'd just like to echo Maisie's sentiments, and add a special big thank you to all the drivers (and pit crew!) out there who have invited us rowdy Ten-Tenths lot around to see you..

Not content with offering us a splendid day's racing, but you have offered us hospitality, Stella-Artois (you know who your are ), or just an insight into the finer points of racecraft - much appreciated, and I'm sure I speak for all the regular spectators here..

I would say we have the nicest, friendliest, and most generous racing drivers on this site..

Thanks guys! Keep up the good work
Old 15 Oct 2000, 22:29 (Ref:43114)   #3
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The same sentiments from me too. What a wonderful year.

After a decade and a half of racegoing, this is the first year I have really felt a sense of belonging, with a fair chance of meeting good friends at the circuits, and having the opportunity to listen in on how some excellent drivers are getting on.

I salute you all. Thank you.
Old 15 Oct 2000, 22:35 (Ref:43116)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!

Can I jump on the bandwagon ?

Yes, this year has been totally unforgettable - from the sad (Saturday at Goodwood ) to the unbelievably excellent (too many to mention, but Snetters springs to mind as the highspot) I've made so many great friends over the course of the past 2 years that I feel unbelievably lucky to have been involved with this site.

I'd like to extend my thanks to all the other people involved here who contribute to make this the best community of motorsport fans anywhere (IMNSHO!)

And, of course, thanks also to the people involved in the organisation and running of the races themselves, the drivers (especially the ones good enough to allow us free tickets and/or hostility...), the barstaff (important...! ), the commentators, the wrecker drivers and everyone else! (apart from Bernie Ecclestone, who remains an arse...)

Let's keep it up for 2001, eh folks - there's loads to look forward to - CART is coming over for one!
Old 15 Oct 2000, 23:09 (Ref:43128)   #5
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can I join in the mutual admiration society as well As far as being at the races is concerned, it's been a good year and big thanks are due to all the usual suspects and a few new faces that I've had the chance to meet this year.
Unmissable -are we doing the same again next year?
Old 16 Oct 2000, 05:29 (Ref:43153)   #6
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A big thank you to drivers, crew, marshalls and ten-tenths members for making this the best year ever. As TimD says - it's the sense of belonging that's made it so good. It's no longer a load of cars going round a track but mates in cars.

To our new friends - see you next year
Old 17 Oct 2000, 18:22 (Ref:43348)   #7
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now I'm sorry if I don't mention everyone here, but a huge 'Thank you' to Invader, Craig, Lorna, Carrie, Tim, Chris, Maisie, Woody for all being so welcoming to me in my (believe-it-or-not) four months over here.

You've all made the time absolutely fly and hopefully we can do it all again next year, with ever louder shouting, more drinking (!) and many, many more races. You're not at all a bad bunch, for Poms...

Let's do it again in 2001!!
Old 17 Oct 2000, 22:03 (Ref:43362)   #8
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have had a smashing year as well. My only complaint is the service I received at Silverstone, waiting for some hot food in a field in the middle of the night..... (hehe, where's me burger)
Old 27 Oct 2000, 22:00 (Ref:45269)   #9
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Danielsun
Let's do it again in 2001!!
Uh oh!