Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 17 Oct 2011, 20:18 (Ref:2972872)   #76
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RycU_YwdKrU

Was so difficult watching them go around but a great tribute to a man who died doing what he loved.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 20:27 (Ref:2972878)   #77
AndyT
Racer

England
Peterborough
AndyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP Dan
Old 17 Oct 2011, 21:11 (Ref:2972915)   #78
Wet marshal
Racer

England
TETBURY
Wet marshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
rip dan
Old 17 Oct 2011, 21:20 (Ref:2972923)   #79
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm still stunned, shocked, saddened & so upset by this. Such a great talent, such a great person. My thoughts go out to family, friends & all involved in the Indycar community. RIP Dan
Old 17 Oct 2011, 21:21 (Ref:2972924)   #80
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Even nearly 24 hours after his death, I am still shocked, with that horrible numb feeling. Perhaps my earliest memories of Dan were his incredible battles with another Indianapolis 500 champion and also involved in the same crash on Sunday, Buddy Rice, in the Atlantic Series back in 2000. Both were incredibly agressive and fast, and the Milwaukee race that year highlighted it. In Indy Lights he was equally fast and agressive, but once again just came up short as another successful driver, Townsend Bell, who was involved in the same crash as well, took the title that year. Then, the rest was history and his career was jump started.

A two time Indianpolis 500 champion, 2006 Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona overall winner with another Indy winner Scott Dixon and nephew of Indianapolis legend Rick Mears, Casey, the 2005 Indycar champion and of course, a wonderful human being who left behind a loving family.

Once again, RIP Dan.
Old 18 Oct 2011, 06:53 (Ref:2973110)   #81
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
deley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thinking of Dan's family, friends, colleagues and team mates at this terrible time.

RIP Dan
Old 18 Oct 2011, 16:42 (Ref:2973354)   #82
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider View Post
Just read/seen the Dailymail take on the incident, in my opinion there's too many photos of the incident, almost glorifying it...feel a bit, sick?
That's the Daily Mail for you; say no more.
Old 18 Oct 2011, 17:25 (Ref:2973383)   #83
TomVanRompaey
Rookie

Belgium
TomVanRompaey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My thoughts are with his family, friends, colleagues and many fans.

Goodbye Dan Wheldon, RIP
Old 18 Oct 2011, 20:05 (Ref:2973487)   #84
G.Walker
Racer

Scotland
G.Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very sad news.
Old 19 Oct 2011, 08:14 (Ref:2973723)   #85
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
R.I.P Dan "best driver all-time" Wheldon
Old 20 Oct 2011, 14:07 (Ref:2974323)   #86
blueoval2
Racer

England
blueoval2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This may have already been mentioned but who thinks we should show our respects at all meetings being held in the UK this weekend??
Old 20 Oct 2011, 14:26 (Ref:2974332)   #87
Ian Lewis
Veteran

England
Hartford
Ian Lewis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval2 View Post
This may have already been mentioned but who thinks we should show our respects at all meetings being held in the UK this weekend??
There will one minutes silence held before racing starts at Oulton Park this Saturday
Old 22 Oct 2011, 10:42 (Ref:2975096)   #88
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Daniel

As one whom has followed Motor Racing since 1960 I've had to bear the loss of many drivers I admired...but the loss of Daniel Wheldon has hit me the hardest as I knew him from the age of 8yrs old.

When I first took my two sons Andrew and Anthony 60cc Cadet Karting, Daniel was the boy we and the others had to raise our game to try and beat.

Anthony has posted 2 pictures of them racing together on his Twitter page which within 2 days of posting has attracted tens of thousands of views...as F1 fans suddenly made the connection of how and where it all begain.
(www.anthonydavidson.com click on his Twitter to view)

We raced Dan, run by his father Clive for 3 seasons and very rarely got a win...but it was the best racing. The standard the Wheldon's set in junior karting in the UK made the competition have to raise their game.

Dan Wheldon's Legacy is the stream of top quality British drivers that reached high for that standard he set...and the result is what we see in IRL. F1. LeMans, DTM etc where British drivers are so competitive!

DAN WHELDON we salute you and our thoughts are with your families that so sadly have to say farewell to you in Florida today. God Bless Dan.
Old 6 Nov 2011, 18:30 (Ref:2982386)   #89
MacGWC
Racer

United Kingdom
Hanslope, Bucks
MacGWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMacGWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The memorial service for Dan in Emberton Church today was a fitting tribute to a great guy. The church was full to the gunwhales and there seemed an equally big crowd outside with the service relayed on a big screen. Dan's Dad and wife Susie braved it out to the end shaking hands and accepting condolences from this large gathering.

My wife June and I followed Dan's early career in the UK and because we spend a lot of time in the USA we were able to keep in touch there, too. Dan grew up in an adjoining villlage in the UK and then became a near neighbour again when he settled in St Pete's. He was always happy to chat when we met at the St Pete's GP. Next year's race, for which we have just renewed our passes, will not seem the same without him.

Sir Jackie and Lady Helen Stewart came along today, as did Allan McNish, Olly Gavin, Scott Dixon (who spoke) and Dan's managers. Jenson Button and his Dad came along unannounced to pay their tribute to someone Jenson just pipped to some notable victories, in karts and FF.
Old 10 Nov 2011, 17:12 (Ref:2984042)   #90
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Denis Davidson has written a very poignant tribute in this month's Karting Magazine.
Old 13 Nov 2011, 22:11 (Ref:2985866)   #91
kart_racer
Rookie

England
UK
kart_racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was very sad when I heard of the loss of Danny-boy.

I found out via text Monday morning after the accident from my mother.

He was an inspiration to all young karters when he was out winning in Europe with Terry Fullerton in the mid nineties.

R.I.P Dan
Old 25 Feb 2012, 05:41 (Ref:3030740)   #92
Gearhead Gav
Rookie

United States
Concord, CA
Gearhead Gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This man was probably the greatest in IndyCar. He will truly be missed by all.

RIP Dan Wheldon.
Old 6 Mar 2012, 06:07 (Ref:3035768)   #93
Livery
Rookie

Canada
Vancouver Canada
Livery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As Indycar is starting up again, Jim Swintal's print is how I like to remember Dan by...
Old 12 Mar 2012, 00:05 (Ref:3038574)   #94
BrutPhotography
Rookie

BrutPhotography should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
St pete just did a dedication to him. I have a post in the indycar section
Old 16 Oct 2014, 17:37 (Ref:3465693)   #95
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We lost Dan 3 years ago today.
Old 17 Oct 2014, 16:22 (Ref:3465971)   #96
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutPhotography View Post
St pete just did a dedication to him. I have a post in the indycar section
I was in St Petersburg last month and was very pleased to find that the city had not forgotten Dan Wheldon.

Dan Wheldon Memorial by Alansart, on Flickr

Dan Wheldon Memorial by Alansart, on Flickr
Old 18 Oct 2014, 12:58 (Ref:3466203)   #97
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hard to believe it's been 3 years....