Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 16 Dec 2011, 04:06 (Ref:3000615)   #26
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
RIP Jason
Old 16 Dec 2011, 04:31 (Ref:3000618)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 16 Dec 2011, 04:39 (Ref:3000619)   #28
pascofi m-sport
Racer

Australia
pascofi m-sport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am truly gutted with this news, but he put up a damn good fight. Even though the cancer was aggressive, he sought out different treatments, and when he was in pit lane, he was well liked by all drivers and he always had a smile on his face.

Never heard a bad word said about him once, always raced clean, and a damn quick driver, considering he will be remebered for some of the bigger crashes of the last 10 years. But now, he is on his way upstairs to join so many drivers before him (Wheldon, Brock, Earnhardt, etc) at the great racetrack in the sky.

Condolences to his family at this tough time, shame he couldn't see another christmas.

R.I.P. Jason Richards (1976-2011). Gone but never forgotten.

Cheers,
Pascofi Motortsport
Old 16 Dec 2011, 05:18 (Ref:3000624)   #29
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Two memories that have been haunting me all afternoon...

Having an ale on the mountain with sizzle during the 2006 Shootout at Bathurst when Jason wrung the absolute daylights out of the Tasman Commodore and so nearly put it on pole. All this just after the horrible Mark Porter accident. Pretty sure he was on provisional pole before the Shootout.

Being at Queensland Raceway in 2005 and feeling the thud through the earth as his Commodore destroyed itself in a frightening crash. Thankfully he was OK.

A brave man who will be sorely missed.

RIP Jason
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 16 Dec 2011, 07:24 (Ref:3000634)   #30
DV_08
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
DV_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember being at the 2003 Sandown 500 and seeing him catch Skaife and a passing attempt that didn't quite come off. Had many great performances probably never the equipment to be a regular contender but most importantly he will be remembered as a great person.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 07:39 (Ref:3000640)   #31
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sad news, that we all knew was eventually coming. He will be on that grid with all the great motorsport names who have passed before him. R.I.P.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 08:08 (Ref:3000642)   #32
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He was a true racer and a true gentleman. Respected and admired by all who truly knew him.
A friend of mine offered this quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson which is so fitting:

"To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people, and the affection of children; this is to have succeeded."

By all I read today, this, Jason Richards, is your life.

>>

I couldn't agree more. RIP Jason. The world is better for you being in it and poorer for your absence.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 08:20 (Ref:3000643)   #33
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
RIP Jason

A great talant tackin away way to early
Thoughts to Jason's wife & children and family

Shaun
TSR
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 16 Dec 2011, 09:25 (Ref:3000655)   #34
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I heard this sad news about an hour ago and I couldnt help but cry even though I never met nor knew Jason but was greatly inspired by his courage and positive attitude throughtout his battle.

And even before this battle started I admired him greatly for his happy personality that made him one of my favourite drivers. It looked as though his battle was not his to win but still I hoped that he would win, it was the least he deserved for the way he went about fighting it but sadly not. I was shocked when I was informed of his passing this evening. Even through the worst he had that smile on his face and just kept on smiling and for that he was greatly admired, as a lot of people (myself included) would find it hard to be positive when faced with lesser challenges in life.

RIP Jason.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 09:40 (Ref:3000660)   #35
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
Having an ale on the mountain with sizzle during the 2006 Shootout at Bathurst when Jason wrung the absolute daylights out of the Tasman Commodore and so nearly put it on pole. All this just after the horrible Mark Porter accident. Pretty sure he was on provisional pole before the Shootout.

RIP Jason
standout performance from a V8 POV too. best part was listening to the commentators doubting his efforts on all the splits, to bring it across the line on provisional P1. pretty magic watching it in front of me for my only visit (so far) to the Hill
Old 16 Dec 2011, 09:41 (Ref:3000661)   #36
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Shane001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A sad day. RIP Jason.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 09:51 (Ref:3000666)   #37
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Dreadful news. What a monstrous illness to claim such a courageous man. RIP.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 10:07 (Ref:3000672)   #38
xrystl
Racer

Pitcairn Islands
gold coast
xrystl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rip Jase - Thanks for having shared some of your life with us - we are better people for it .
Old 16 Dec 2011, 10:23 (Ref:3000685)   #39
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So sad. Thoughts to all his family and friends.

BJR guys did him proud.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 10:39 (Ref:3000692)   #40
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Sad, sad day.

RIP Jase.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 10:53 (Ref:3000694)   #41
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 16 Dec 2011, 10:56 (Ref:3000696)   #42
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Old 16 Dec 2011, 10:58 (Ref:3000698)   #43
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 16 Dec 2011, 11:02 (Ref:3000700)   #44
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 16 Dec 2011, 11:08 (Ref:3000704)   #45
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Old 16 Dec 2011, 11:09 (Ref:3000708)   #46
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 16 Dec 2011, 11:11 (Ref:3000710)   #47
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 16 Dec 2011, 11:13 (Ref:3000712)   #48
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 16 Dec 2011, 11:21 (Ref:3000716)   #49
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 16 Dec 2011, 11:21 (Ref:3000717)   #50
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....