Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Aug 2016, 08:29 (Ref:3664270)   #101
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
V8 supercars want us to believe they are trying to get rid of sexism in the sport and this pathetic article starts out with the first words "The glamour girls will be back".
So in this day and age female racers still have to be attractive to get a go, tallent doesn't appear to be a factor according to the opening line.
Sigh, agreed.

If I was Simona I would not love that.

I hope Ms Gracie can avoid the misfortune of last year and both of them clock up lots of miles. Simona did a stealthy job last year, clocking a healthy number of laps and putting down some very respectable times given the machine she had under her.

I'm quite interested to see how they go this year, hopefully they actually get seen on the TV coverage!
Old 8 Aug 2016, 10:49 (Ref:3664303)   #102
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They got plenty of pre-race coverage, besides the crash footage.

In other news, Chris Pither has seen fit to tee-off at Mr Phelps as well. And rightly so.
Old 8 Aug 2016, 10:51 (Ref:3664305)   #103
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
They got plenty of pre-race coverage, besides the crash footage.

In other news, Chris Pither has seen fit to tee-off at Mr Phelps as well. And rightly so.
where and why?

edit on facebook

like this line which i slighly edited

I love this sport, I love the fans and supporters, I love the highs and lows and if people like Xposter were as positive as most of us instead of belting up Supercars, the sport can only be greater.

Last edited by peckstar; 8 Aug 2016 at 10:56.
Old 8 Aug 2016, 22:05 (Ref:3664449)   #104
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I went and checked out Mr Pither's FB page and yeah - he's given Phelps a well-deserved serve hasn't he?

Most of the comments on the post are anti-Phelps too which is a good thing in my view. If Phelps reads them, he MAY just start to grow up at some stage.

But then again......
Old 8 Aug 2016, 22:14 (Ref:3664452)   #105
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
I went and checked out Mr Pither's FB page and yeah - he's given Phelps a well-deserved serve hasn't he?

Most of the comments on the post are anti-Phelps too which is a good thing in my view. If Phelps reads them, he MAY just start to grow up at some stage.

But then again......
then again, creates talking points during the week
Old 9 Aug 2016, 00:06 (Ref:3664468)   #106
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Good grief.

Not much more to say other than this.
Old 9 Aug 2016, 00:29 (Ref:3664473)   #107
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like he was on the money about the girls huh !!!!
Old 11 Aug 2016, 15:56 (Ref:3665150)   #108
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Although not likely to appear, quite a looker. Based on the Peter Janson livery of the late 70s/early 80s.

Erebus reveals retro livery
Old 12 Aug 2016, 01:03 (Ref:3665256)   #109
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony81901 View Post
Although not likely to appear, quite a looker. Based on the Peter Janson livery of the late 70s/early 80s.

Erebus reveals retro livery
Interesting a less than successful team has adopted the livery of a team that knew how to do things properly - especially when it came to Bathurst.
Old 12 Aug 2016, 01:15 (Ref:3665260)   #110
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Interesting a less than successful team has adopted the livery of a team that knew how to do things properly - especially when it came to Bathurst.
Particularly when Mr Perkins ran the preparation...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 12 Aug 2016, 01:18 (Ref:3665262)   #111
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
does Betty see herslf as an ecentric socialite similar to Peter, Probably is, just doesnt drive herself
Old 12 Aug 2016, 07:28 (Ref:3665299)   #112
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
does Betty see herslf as an ecentric socialite similar to Peter, Probably is, just doesnt drive herself
This humble poster did once refer to her as Peter Janson for the bogans.

With affection of course.
Old 12 Aug 2016, 08:00 (Ref:3665302)   #113
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
This humble poster did once refer to her as Peter Janson for the bogans.

With affection of course.
I always assumed that was Peter Jansons support base, The bogan who presented as a toff to get a fan base
Old 12 Aug 2016, 08:12 (Ref:3665304)   #114
MarcosAmbroseFan
Racer

New Zealand
Hamilton
MarcosAmbroseFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HRT wants to honour Peter Brock with Bathurst victory
Old 12 Aug 2016, 08:24 (Ref:3665308)   #115
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hard to get a read on the form this year. GT has great racecraft, and they won it out of the blue a little bit in 2010.

Not sure though that I'd want to be fighting 3 top-line 888 cars though for the win. PRA not far off the mark either, can they find some long-distance form?

Call me selfish or whatever but I'd love to see a minnow win it... Or some crazy **** like 2007. My mates nearly busted my couch that day.
Old 12 Aug 2016, 08:33 (Ref:3665313)   #116
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Hard to get a read on the form this year. GT has great racecraft, and they won it out of the blue a little bit in 2010.

Not sure though that I'd want to be fighting 3 top-line 888 cars though for the win. PRA not far off the mark either, can they find some long-distance form?

Call me selfish or whatever but I'd love to see a minnow win it... Or some crazy **** like 2007. My mates nearly busted my couch that day.
that was an exciting final fifteen laps or so, bit emotional when the Jim beam car hit the lead

used to tell my kids the story as a going to bed story The 1-2-3 story
Old 12 Aug 2016, 08:37 (Ref:3665316)   #117
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
that was an exciting final fifteen laps or so, bit emotional when the Jim beam car hit the lead
Frosty going off at the chase, not spearing into someone... Everyone sliding and heading off up the top... Went off like a fish milkshake.

Funny how certain moments stick with you.
Old 12 Aug 2016, 08:59 (Ref:3665320)   #118
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post

I'd love to see a BJR or GRM win.

I reckon either of those would be pretty special for their own unique reasons.
Old 12 Aug 2016, 09:06 (Ref:3665321)   #119
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
I'd love to see a BJR or GRM win.
Scotty did show some serious pace before biting the wall, as so many great talents have in their own time.

Just seems to be that car is a bit edgy to drive and nobody can get a handle on it like Scotty does.
Old 12 Aug 2016, 18:04 (Ref:3665410)   #120
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcosAmbroseFan View Post
Bit selective with the truth suggesting Skaife was taken out. Well yes he technically was collected by Jack Perkins, but only because he was crawling up Mountain Straight with a fried clutch and was already out of contention.

Always find it a bit laughable when HRT try to claim Brock as one of their own. It was well known Tom Walkinshaw and John Crennan had little regard for Brock and all of their arrangements were purely commercial. Brock joining HRT in 1994 was driven by HRT's desire to get their hands on the Mobil money (although he would prove more competitive than many expected), the 2003 Team Brock / Paul Weel Racing deal with HRT hardware was driven by Team Brock making serious inroads into HRT's merchandising sales in 2002, and Brock's 2004 comeback was reportedly facilitated by a sponsor kicking in $300k.
Old 12 Aug 2016, 22:08 (Ref:3665438)   #121
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony81901 View Post
Bit selective with the truth suggesting Skaife was taken out. Well yes he technically was collected by Jack Perkins, but only because he was crawling up Mountain Straight with a fried clutch and was already out of contention.
Skaifes in the wall, skaifes in the wall, Skaifes day is DONE.
What an emotional start to the race. so much pent up brock emotion, and then that. Watched grown men bawling after that.
Old 13 Aug 2016, 02:10 (Ref:3665461)   #122
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
Quote:
Skaifes in the wall, skaifes in the wall, Skaifes day is DONE.
What an emotional start to the race. so much pent up brock emotion, and then that. Watched grown men bawling after that.
It was some light relief after the sadness of those moments before the race.

Skaife never attracted any sympathy in our parts, yet since he retired from full time racing he actually appears human at times.
Old 14 Aug 2016, 01:40 (Ref:3665554)   #123
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Skaife never attracted any sympathy in our parts, yet since he retired from full time racing he actually appears human at times.
Like Moffat, people assumed he was arrogant, but he was just there to do the job and nothing else.

Don't think owning HRT did him any favours though.
Old 17 Aug 2016, 02:51 (Ref:3666073)   #124
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who offered Austin Cindric a Bathurst 1000 drive?
Old 17 Aug 2016, 03:03 (Ref:3666074)   #125
Umai Naa
Veteran

Might've been Betty.

He drove for her in the 12hr.