Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 13 Jan 2003, 13:49 (Ref:473012)   #76
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Brilliant idea. Thanks for all the posts, some bring back happy memories.
Old 14 Jan 2003, 01:57 (Ref:473544)   #77
mickj
Racer

mickj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent gesture Andrew and TimD.
Old 14 Jan 2003, 13:49 (Ref:473893)   #78
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Simply a superb thread. Many many thanks for all of these wonderful photos.
Old 14 Jan 2003, 16:01 (Ref:474011)   #79
Jenny
Racer

Jenny should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just logged on and what a shock to hear the news about Fred. Lovely tribute Andrew and TimD. Hope he is up there taking more stunning pictures, ready to show us when we all finally make it Home. RIP.
Old 15 Jan 2003, 19:16 (Ref:475443)   #80
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wonderful tribute, guys. I'm very sorry that I never got to know Fred. They are lovely photos and capture an era I wish I had known more intimately.
Old 15 Jan 2003, 19:22 (Ref:475452)   #81
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I had skipped the second page of the thread the first time through, and I came across the image below. I remember it well from a paperback annual I had from 1971. It was a great photo and I showed one of my early F1 heroes, Reggazoni feading at Silverstone, note the fairings on the front wing endplates, used only for the British GP.

Who knew I'd ever see that photo again, Thanks, Fred.

Last edited by EERO; 10 Jan 2008 at 22:20.
Old 18 Jan 2003, 11:01 (Ref:478058)   #82
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just had another scroll through and thought I'd put it back to the top.
Old 21 Jan 2003, 12:25 (Ref:480988)   #83
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And rightly so!
Old 25 Jan 2003, 19:49 (Ref:485787)   #84
David McKinney
Veteran

David McKinney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Members might like to know that Fred passed his b&w archive on to Ted Walker at Ferret Fotographics some time ago. I think Ted is a forum member but is probably too commercially shy to tell us himself!
Old 27 Jan 2003, 13:51 (Ref:487337)   #85
Ted Walker
Veteran

Ted Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fred Scatley

David McInney is quite right, Freds archive has lived in Gloucestershire for a couple of years over 300,000 Images both B&W and Colour. Fred used some of the proceeds to buy his computor and scanner.They have joined the other 1.7 Million images my self and lots of other photographers have taken since 1936.
Old 27 Jan 2003, 20:02 (Ref:487634)   #86
Jenny
Racer

Hi Ted, good to hear you are preserving our motorsport heritage - more than could be said for poor Brooklands. And you don't look old enough to have been taken pics since 1936!!
Old 28 Jan 2003, 07:57 (Ref:488080)   #87
Ted Walker
Veteran

Ted Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Jenny,Its all due to the developing fluids,and the nice lady racing drivers.
Old 28 Jan 2003, 20:01 (Ref:488640)   #88
Jenny
Racer

Send me some quick - er, just the developing fluids! Wot a charmer!
Old 12 Feb 2003, 18:23 (Ref:504679)   #89
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just before this lovely file drops off the board, I've asked one of the moderators whether it can be saved in an open sort of archive. I've not heard back so let's put it back at the top until they tell us what could be done. Surely, these shots and associated notes shouldn't disappear.
Old 12 Feb 2003, 18:45 (Ref:504715)   #90
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hi John, you'll get a PM from me tonight...

...but rest assured, these threads don't ever get deleted - not now that we have thorougly ample server space. They're archived way back to the pre-history of the forum (well, early 2000 anyway).

To access the older threads, go to the blue task-bar on the Historic Forum menu (just above the "post new topic" icon, and click to see all threads from "the beginning". You'll be amazed what goodies are lurking in the older pages.

In the meantime, an excellent idea to bring this collection of Fred's pictures to the head of the page again. He really was something special.
Old 12 Feb 2003, 20:36 (Ref:504804)   #91
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
I don't often post in historic, but these pictures brought back memories of the "old days" as I waited anxiously for the new issue of "Road & Track" or some such - hoping for pictures like these. Sigh.

What a treasure trove Mr. Scatley has! Those truly were "the days!"
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 13 Feb 2003, 09:56 (Ref:505263)   #92
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry TimD sir. I don't have anything blue to press on the Historic Forum 'post new topic' icon. Again ... thank you ...
Old 13 Feb 2003, 10:57 (Ref:505308)   #93
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You need to look at the bottom of the historic forum index page, and choose "from the beginning", where the drop-down menu is:
Attached Thumbnails
taskbar.jpg  
Old 13 Feb 2003, 12:35 (Ref:505360)   #94
gfm
Veteran

Thank you Maisie - mine is in orange not blue!
Old 13 Feb 2003, 12:53 (Ref:505375)   #95
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ahhhhhh, that'd do it!
Old 10 Nov 2009, 19:46 (Ref:2579702)   #96
kevind
Rookie

England
Watford
kevind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fred Scatley

I have a question to ask being a new member, are there any copyright issues on a couple Fred's images (or do I need to speak to Ted Walker) the reason for asking as i would like to use the image's of Fred's 61 mini with the Yimkin conversion and the receipt for the work.
I have recently set up a website dedicated to period tuning companies that produced items for the Morris Minor and it's nice to have other items associated with the companies concerned.
I would of course give credit to Fred for the images, and I just want to avoid treading on anyones toes.
Thanks
Kevin.
Old 14 Nov 2009, 01:30 (Ref:2581677)   #97
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Scatley View Post
About the same time as last one, again I am not sure but I think Costain is in the name
You'll have to go back to post #54 to see the photo, but the car is an Astra driven by Roger Nathan. Originally Frank Costin designed the Costin-Nathan GT coupé for Roger, but they had a parting of the ways, Roger had the coupé roof removed, put in a bigger engine, called it the Astra RNR1 and was very successful with it.

Last edited by strider; 14 Nov 2009 at 01:37.