Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Sep 2019, 04:38 (Ref:3925329)   #16
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
With dementia it always gets nasty. In terms of the legal stuff, as the old saying goes "Never underestimate the human capacity for greed"
I think we have all seen this at some stage or another.......meaning family greed
Old 2 Sep 2019, 10:32 (Ref:3925366)   #17
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
I think we have all seen this at some stage or another.......meaning family greed
If anything the sagas that Peter Brock and Bob Jane's families did with the end result somewhat tarnishing the legacy of their fallen loved one is anything to go by, this is going to be one hell of a messy affair.
Old 2 Sep 2019, 22:58 (Ref:3925480)   #18
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am just not sure what is with these old dudes taking on much younger women and not leaving crystal clear wills in place?
Old 3 Sep 2019, 02:05 (Ref:3925503)   #19
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Sadly you maybe correct however I did speak to a few friends who have met Allan prior to me meeting him and recalled similar stories. (Even one Bathurst legend sitting a few seats from Allan after hearing the commotion said to me "Don't take it to heart, he can be like that")
Dementia can have a long period of effects before a diagnosis too, with hindsight my grandfather had some signs for at least 10 years before he was diagnosed.

Best wishes to Allan and those that care for him, it is gratifying to read that people are looking out for him.
Old 3 Sep 2019, 10:10 (Ref:3925551)   #20
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I am just not sure what is with these old dudes taking on much younger women and not leaving crystal clear wills in place?
Moffat had been with Sue since around 1983, and she is James' mother, who's around 35.

While younger than Moffat, there wouldn't be that bigger age gap between them.