Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who gets your vote?
Lewis Hamilton 1 2.38%
Valtteri Bottas 0 0%
Charles Leclerc 29 69.05%
Sebastian Vettel 0 0%
Max Verstappen 0 0%
Alexander Albon 6 14.29%
Carlos Sainz 0 0%
Lando Norris 6 14.29%
Daniel Ricciardo 0 0%
Nico Hülkenberg 0 0%
Daniil Kvyat 0 0%
Pierre Gasly 0 0%
Kevin Magnussen 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Kimi Räikkönen 0 0%
Antonio Giovinazzi 0 0%
Sergio Pérez 0 0%
Lance Stroll 0 0%
George Russell 0 0%
Robert Kubica 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 Sep 2019, 13:25 (Ref:3925398)   #16
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
I am not if it was spec 2 or spec 3 Max was on. If Gasly was on spec 4 it makes sense to have it done now. It seems the RBR comes good at the end of the race, problem is their only one was a bit far behind
Old 2 Sep 2019, 13:51 (Ref:3925403)   #17
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I am not if it was spec 2 or spec 3 Max was on. If Gasly was on spec 4 it makes sense to have it done now. It seems the RBR comes good at the end of the race, problem is their only one was a bit far behind
After the Hungarian GP, the Red Bull and Toro Rosso cars were all using the spec 3 engine.

For Belgium, the spec 4 engine was available for all four cars. The team(s) chose to install this on Albon's and Kvyat's cars, resulting in them both having a grid penalty.

Gasly and Verstappen kept their spec 3 engines for Belgium, and will face penalties if/when they move to the spec 4.

The only drivers on the grid who could theoretically make an engine change without penalty are Vettee and The Cleric, and the expectation is that we will see their upgrade at Monza.
Old 2 Sep 2019, 14:21 (Ref:3925407)   #18
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well only one driver in this race really
Old 2 Sep 2019, 15:36 (Ref:3925423)   #19
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well only one driver in this race really
Alonso?
Old 2 Sep 2019, 20:06 (Ref:3925459)   #20
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert has a real shot at the podium!gert has a real shot at the podium!gert has a real shot at the podium!gert has a real shot at the podium!gert has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The only drivers on the grid who could theoretically make an engine change without penalty are Vettee and The Cleric, and the expectation is that we will see their upgrade at Monza.
And Hulkenberg, Ricciardo and Sainz. They all took a grid penalty but reverted to an old engine. They can use the new (unused) engine in Monza or Singapore without taking a (new) penalty now.
Old 2 Sep 2019, 23:39 (Ref:3925486)   #21
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Norris...prior to retirment, his lead over Perez in P6 was massive.

Would like to know more about his pace. Not sure where the time was found but maybe Mclaren came out of the break huge?
Old 3 Sep 2019, 00:45 (Ref:3925494)   #22
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am disappointed. There was alot of hype on Sky regarding Kimi's performance prior to the race. I remember the commentators saying that the Mercedes team was concerned about the straight line speed of Kimi's car. Hearing that got me amped up only to end in disappointment which was totally Verstappen's fault. Kimi could have won the race. Who knows? Anyway, I abstain from voting.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Old 3 Sep 2019, 07:53 (Ref:3925528)   #23
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
And Hulkenberg, Ricciardo and Sainz. They all took a grid penalty but reverted to an old engine. They can use the new (unused) engine in Monza or Singapore without taking a (new) penalty now.
Yes - I meant making an engine change that involves new units being used.

The Red pair are the only drivers to have used just 2 ICEs, TCs and MGU-Hs so far.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 14:34 (Ref:3925802)   #24
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Norris for me - but only just. Albon and LeClerc were in the picture too.

Also - more excellent radio from Kimi
Kimi left a huge gap himself

The gap Max went for was a lot larger than the gap Lando succesfully went for
Old 4 Sep 2019, 15:47 (Ref:3925819)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hmm, not entirely certain of your logic there, since Max was being squeezed, but when Lando got there, both cars were exiting stage left.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 17:21 (Ref:3925835)   #26
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
I gave it to Albon after that impressive drive
Old 5 Sep 2019, 09:42 (Ref:3925954)   #27
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Yes - I meant making an engine change that involves new units being used.

The Red pair are the only drivers to have used just 2 ICEs, TCs and MGU-Hs so far.
Maybe not the correct place to be asking this question but as you are talking engines...
I was wondering at the weekend if teams are mandated to take replacements engines sequentially? What I mean by this is if (say) Toro Rosso played the part of sacrificial lambs, testing & proving (or not) up-dated Honda lumps (and taking the appropriate grid penalties). Once a significant improvement is found could Red Bull then jump from (say) a spec 4 unit to the latest all singing, all dancing spec 8 specification?
Old 5 Sep 2019, 11:01 (Ref:3925967)   #28
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Maybe not the correct place to be asking this question but as you are talking engines...
I was wondering at the weekend if teams are mandated to take replacements engines sequentially? What I mean by this is if (say) Toro Rosso played the part of sacrificial lambs, testing & proving (or not) up-dated Honda lumps (and taking the appropriate grid penalties). Once a significant improvement is found could Red Bull then jump from (say) a spec 4 unit to the latest all singing, all dancing spec 8 specification?
This answers you question I think.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/v...nalty/4528937/
Old 5 Sep 2019, 14:28 (Ref:3925993)   #29
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Once a significant improvement is found could Red Bull then jump from (say) a spec 4 unit to the latest all singing, all dancing spec 8 specification?
In theory - yes.

Driver A starts the season with a spec of engine - lets say spec 1.
During the next 7 races, the engine manufacturer makes 7 upgrades to the engine to develop a spec 8, but Driver A does not use any of these.
At the next event, Driver A may swap to a spec 8 unit with no penalty, and will be on his second engine for the season.
The usage of the spec 2-7 engines on another car (even within the same team) makes no difference to Driver A's engine allocation.

The same would be true if a team swapped engine suppliers during the season.
If Driver A has used one BMW engine for the first 8 races. If he then swaps to a Porsche engine, it does not matter if this is the spec 1, spec 8 or anywhere in between. This is still only the second engine for Driver A.