Nicholas Latifi 0 0%
Antonio Giovinazzi 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Jul 2020, 06:48 (Ref:3987559)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Styrian Grand Prix 2020

Who gets your vote?
Old 12 Jul 2020, 14:46 (Ref:3987653)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Would have been Perez. But I’m going to get giddy over a Lando last couple of laps again. Some decent drives, a few contenders this time?
Old 12 Jul 2020, 14:55 (Ref:3987663)   #3
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Perez or Norris? I think Norris, as he seized the opportunity on that last lap and got the better of Perez, Stroll and Ricciardio.
Old 12 Jul 2020, 15:02 (Ref:3987668)   #4
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ham dominated so gave my vote there but Perez and Norris provided the entertainment.

Norris really is something else.
Old 12 Jul 2020, 14:48 (Ref:3987655)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Perez was the obvious choice but he messed up.

So Lewis gets it. The qualifying lap was one of the all time greats and the race was just perfect control. Lovely stuff.
Old 12 Jul 2020, 14:50 (Ref:3987657)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
So Lewis gets it. The qualifying lap was one of the all time greats and the race was just perfect control. Lovely stuff.
It was great.
Old 12 Jul 2020, 14:51 (Ref:3987658)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I’ve changed my mind. The driver of the race is the person controlling the delivery of the trophies. That’s brilliant.
Old 12 Jul 2020, 15:09 (Ref:3987670)   #8
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I’ve changed my mind. The driver of the race is the person controlling the delivery of the trophies. That’s brilliant.

My thoughts exactly!

I was half expecting Max to jump on it and ride off into the sunset
Old 12 Jul 2020, 16:37 (Ref:3987699)   #9
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gave my vote to Lando. Dynamic last couple of laps. Kudos to Perez from a lowly start. Would have got my vote had he not blotted his copybook at the end.
Old 12 Jul 2020, 18:34 (Ref:3987716)   #10
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Voted for Lando last week..this week he kinda got lucky in the last lap. Absolute masterclass by hamilton all weekend though so vote goes to him
Old 13 Jul 2020, 09:10 (Ref:3987851)   #11
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Voted for Lando last week..this week he kinda got lucky in the last lap.
Luck happens sometimes in F1. It's how you capitalise on it that counts.
Old 12 Jul 2020, 19:49 (Ref:3987740)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hamilton did what Hamilton does. But Lando was the best thing to watch. He gets my vote.
Old 12 Jul 2020, 19:51 (Ref:3987744)   #13
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well could have been Perez or Norris until Perez made his mistake so Lando gets my vote again this week, but Perez was still close
Old 12 Jul 2020, 21:10 (Ref:3987767)   #14
petecossie
Rookie

United Kingdom
Teesside
petecossie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got be Lando, brilliant bit of overtaking on that last lap, he's one to watch for the future.
Old 12 Jul 2020, 22:05 (Ref:3987782)   #15
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Last week I was out of step with the consensus and didn’t vote Norris for DOTR. So this week I’ll make amends. He looked a bit sleepy early in the race but just got better and better as the race wore on. Also respect to Hamilton for doing everything he needed to do, Albon for a good result and Perez for a good run for most of the race.

Last week I awarded POTR to Vettel. Do I give it to his teammate this week? No, because it was just one of those first-lap things that happens sometimes and it would quickly slipped from memory if he had hit any other car but Vettel’s. And he was SO contrite afterwards.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 08:26 (Ref:3987841)   #16
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Given it to Hamilton for that dominant drive
Old 13 Jul 2020, 10:20 (Ref:3987868)   #17
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Lewis blew everyone away in qualifying and dominated the race - but starting from the front in a Mercedes he was always going to do that. Was it a great race drive? No, not really. You got the impression that he really wasn't having to try very hard at all, with Bottas mired in a scrap with Verstappen there was no need for Hamilton to push - a cruise and collect victory. So he did everything right and deserved the victory but it's not 'driver of the Grand Prix' stuff for me.

Perez would have got my vote if he'd not clobbered Albon in his attempt to take 4th - a bit more patience would I suspect have seen Perez breeze past Albon in a straight line somewhere.

Sooo - Norris gets the vote mainly for the last lap opportunism. Good work from McLaren to switch the drivers, without that Norris wouldn't have got a far as he did.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 13:08 (Ref:3988213)   #18
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Lewis blew everyone away in qualifying and dominated the race - but starting from the front in a Mercedes he was always going to do that. Was it a great race drive? No, not really. You got the impression that he really wasn't having to try very hard at all.

Sooo - Norris gets the vote mainly for the last lap opportunism. Good work from McLaren to switch the drivers, without that Norris wouldn't have got a far as he did.
Arguably Norris didn't have to try too hard on the last lap with the opportunism. I know what you mean about the race drive Hamilton had, though. I sometimes resist giving it to the winning driver on that basis, but sometimes I have to see past that.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 12:39 (Ref:3987909)   #19
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hamilton. Qualifying!
Old 13 Jul 2020, 14:32 (Ref:3987948)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Hamilton. Qualifying!
Yep, 'Driver of the Qualifying' for sure.....
Old 13 Jul 2020, 15:52 (Ref:3987984)   #21
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i havent seen much on this but what sort of set up did Ham use in the wet quali?

a comparison between lap times of the two Austrian GPs may give more insight into the race day trim, but given how much better he was in quali it might be fair to say he ran the race with more of a 'wet' setup?

would that make his race performance all the more impressive?

although i suppose that could be said for several drivers on race day?
Old 13 Jul 2020, 16:09 (Ref:3987993)   #22
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Hey, if people can choose DNFs as driver of the day then qualifying counts.

You can't oppress me, anyway
Old 13 Jul 2020, 16:27 (Ref:3987997)   #23
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
But the poll is "driver of the Race"
Old 13 Jul 2020, 16:29 (Ref:3987999)   #24
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
But the poll is "driver of the Race"
Driver of the Grand Prix.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 16:44 (Ref:3988012)   #25
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And that's exactly my question. What if a driver crushes everyone in practice, quali, then bins it half way through the race. What's the GP? The race itself or the race meeting? Worthy of discussion.

Same token, say like this week pouring with rain and dominant qualifying performance. But come race day the setup is so rain forward it's terrible for the race? Could an amazing quali with ho hum race for him, and all other drivers make that single performance worthy of driver of the GP?