Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Oct 2015, 02:36 (Ref:3586546)   #76
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does anyone know what happened to Cor Euser's Marcos LM600? I know he crashed it at Zolder rather heavily back in 2011/2012, and I don't recall seeing it since, so I worry it was written off. Is that the case?

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 12 Nov 2015, 23:21 (Ref:3590029)   #77
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry for the double post, but within this album there are some photos of what looks to be a Stealth B6 GT1 in some new clothing. (Car #103)

http://gatebil.no/pictures_rudskogen_july2015/

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 12 Nov 2015, 23:47 (Ref:3590034)   #78
Pole2Win
Rookie

Brazil
Pole2Win should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory S View Post
This is my all time favorite GT car.

Too shame that Ferrari never put it in competition.
Right when it was going to enter FIA GT, the cars became more radical as a result of rule revision I think. So it effectively became obsolete before even entering a race.

It was sad because it had a great chance of being competitive, powered by what was basically an F1 engine (since it was an F50).

Six tubs were made, but only three currently exist. 001 is in Ferrari's possession and the others belong to a private collector. 001 has a stronger engine than the other two and that's because 002 and 003 are basically spares for 001.

The other three tubs were destroyed owing to an Italian court order. I believe it was in the contract between Ferrari and the collector that 002 and 003 would be sold to him under the condition that the remaining tubs were destroyed.
Old 13 Nov 2015, 01:08 (Ref:3590043)   #79
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Anyone see this restored Panoz Esperante? The article says its not officially for sale but they can make one to order!
Old 13 Nov 2015, 08:19 (Ref:3590099)   #80
Mitchi_S
Racer

Germany
LG
Mitchi_S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam46 View Post
Sorry for the double post, but within this album there are some photos of what looks to be a Stealth B6 GT1 in some new clothing. (Car #103)

http://gatebil.no/pictures_rudskogen_july2015/
On a slightly off topic note, take a look at that glorious Porsche "918".
Old 13 Nov 2015, 13:57 (Ref:3590156)   #81
wyvern28
Rookie

wyvern28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello everyone,

A friend recently made me aware of this thread so I thought I would write a post regarding the 90s GT Legends grid that has appeared at the Silverstone Classic for the past 2 years.

I organise this for the event promoters and also run the Facebook page for the group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/2243...92896/?fref=ts). I am passionate about racing GT cars from the 90s and 2000s in particular (well all racing cars really, but this period has been a more recent focus of mine). Indeed I've spent the past 2 years researching them and have located over 200 already, but I estimate there could be triple that in existence! These cars have been steadily increasing in popularity in recent years, being bought out of long-term storage or from collectors who rarely used them and restored to a correct period spec and livery in most cases. Aside from Stephane Ratel's brief GT90s Revival series, there has been nowhere owners can run these cars with other period examples until very recently. Frustrated at not being able to see these cars together on track I suggested to the Silverstone Classic team that it might be a good idea to put together a demo/race for them. They liked the idea and we trialled it for the first time last year, running again this year too. We opted for a demonstration format as it meant we had the best chance to gather a fantastic cross section of cars, including the 98 Le Mans winner from Porsche's museum. The trouble with the more iconic GT1 cars from this period is that they are worth so much money that many owners aren't prepared to risk them in a race and/or preparing them for a race requires quite a different approach to making them track ready as such, then involves spares and testing if you'd like to take it seriously. However I'm sure in time there will be enough cars in race-ready condition and with owners wishing to enjoy them in a more competitive way so that a race series can be run with healthy grids. Indeed Laurent Vallery-Masson has started to run a series in France called GT Classics for such cars which has enjoyed a healthy start, and I hope flourishes in coming years.

My main focus with the 90s GT Legends at the Classic was to gather the most mouth-watering selection of cars possible so that we could put the spotlight on this period and do whatever we could to help enthuse more people about these cars. I hope that more and more collectors will see what good value many cars are given their racing history and performance, particularly once there is somewhere to regularly run them.

I am currently evaluating plans for 2016 to see what potential there is for perhaps taking the group abroad for an event, be it race or demonstration (whichever garners the most support) at a great circuit. This could be at an existing historic event or as a stand alone track day (similar to the Modena Motorsport day at Spa).

Everyone is welcome to join our Facebook group if they wish and should anyone want any further information or to chat about these cars in general, please don't hesitate to contact me through there (I am the group administrator).

Best regards,

Jarrah Venables
Old 13 Nov 2015, 14:46 (Ref:3590169)   #82
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Anyone see this restored Panoz Esperante? The article says its not officially for sale but they can make one to order!
I would buy one in a heartbeat if I was in a position to drop $900,000 on a car!
Old 13 Nov 2015, 23:25 (Ref:3590253)   #83
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyvern28 View Post
Hello everyone,

A friend recently made me aware of this thread so I thought I would write a post regarding the 90s GT Legends grid that has appeared at the Silverstone Classic for the past 2 years.

I organise this for the event promoters and also run the Facebook page for the group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/2243...92896/?fref=ts). I am passionate about racing GT cars from the 90s and 2000s in particular (well all racing cars really, but this period has been a more recent focus of mine). Indeed I've spent the past 2 years researching them and have located over 200 already, but I estimate there could be triple that in existence! These cars have been steadily increasing in popularity in recent years, being bought out of long-term storage or from collectors who rarely used them and restored to a correct period spec and livery in most cases. Aside from Stephane Ratel's brief GT90s Revival series, there has been nowhere owners can run these cars with other period examples until very recently. Frustrated at not being able to see these cars together on track I suggested to the Silverstone Classic team that it might be a good idea to put together a demo/race for them. They liked the idea and we trialled it for the first time last year, running again this year too. We opted for a demonstration format as it meant we had the best chance to gather a fantastic cross section of cars, including the 98 Le Mans winner from Porsche's museum. The trouble with the more iconic GT1 cars from this period is that they are worth so much money that many owners aren't prepared to risk them in a race and/or preparing them for a race requires quite a different approach to making them track ready as such, then involves spares and testing if you'd like to take it seriously. However I'm sure in time there will be enough cars in race-ready condition and with owners wishing to enjoy them in a more competitive way so that a race series can be run with healthy grids. Indeed Laurent Vallery-Masson has started to run a series in France called GT Classics for such cars which has enjoyed a healthy start, and I hope flourishes in coming years.

My main focus with the 90s GT Legends at the Classic was to gather the most mouth-watering selection of cars possible so that we could put the spotlight on this period and do whatever we could to help enthuse more people about these cars. I hope that more and more collectors will see what good value many cars are given their racing history and performance, particularly once there is somewhere to regularly run them.

I am currently evaluating plans for 2016 to see what potential there is for perhaps taking the group abroad for an event, be it race or demonstration (whichever garners the most support) at a great circuit. This could be at an existing historic event or as a stand alone track day (similar to the Modena Motorsport day at Spa).

Everyone is welcome to join our Facebook group if they wish and should anyone want any further information or to chat about these cars in general, please don't hesitate to contact me through there (I am the group administrator).

Best regards,

Jarrah Venables
I just want to say thank you for bringing back some great memories over the last two editions of the Silverstone Classic, was wonderful to see - shame the weather had such a negative effect this year!

Are the 90s GTs likely to be returning to the Classic in 2016? I have also thought the Donington Historic Festival would be a good place to see these run, as the track was often used in period (and that festival has also taken on a 90's revival in recent times).

I'm guessing there are far more GTs from this period available than prototypes? McLarens and 911-GT1s alongside Ferrari 333SPs would bring back even more great memories!
Old 15 Nov 2015, 00:52 (Ref:3590468)   #84
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Politics aside, what would the grid look like if GT-90s shared with group C?
Or as above - throw in LMP-90s as well *dribble*
Old 26 Apr 2020, 21:15 (Ref:3973004)   #85
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
How many Panoz Esperante GTR-1 have been build and how many left out there?
Old 26 Apr 2020, 23:47 (Ref:3973009)   #86
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
How many Panoz Esperante GTR-1 have been build and how many left out there?
As far as I remember seven cars were raced. Chassis 003 and 007 last 'raced' in Peter Auto's Endurance Racing Legends at the Dix Mille Tours at Paul Ricard in October 2019.

Here's proof of that >