Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Sep 2011, 12:36 (Ref:2953862)   #51
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Schumacher's going a bit far now.
Old 11 Sep 2011, 12:47 (Ref:2953872)   #52
G.Walker
Racer

Scotland
G.Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finally lewis! I am a purist and enjoyed the art of defensive driving
Old 11 Sep 2011, 12:50 (Ref:2953873)   #53
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So Lewis is finally past after Button showed him how. Lewis may be fast, but he's not real quick.
Old 11 Sep 2011, 13:24 (Ref:2953895)   #54
G.Walker
Racer

Scotland
G.Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great drive jenson button
Old 11 Sep 2011, 13:27 (Ref:2953896)   #55
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
He really is becoming the better McLaren driver isn't he?

Good drives from Schu, Alguesuari and Di Resta, all strong.
Old 11 Sep 2011, 13:35 (Ref:2953899)   #56
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
He really is becoming the better McLaren driver isn't he?

Good drives from Schu, Alguesuari and Di Resta, all strong.
Personally, I think he is the better driver.
Old 11 Sep 2011, 13:39 (Ref:2953907)   #57
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Vettel on his way to his second WDC.
Old 11 Sep 2011, 13:39 (Ref:2953908)   #58
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Personally, I think he is the better driver.
Likewise.
Old 11 Sep 2011, 13:40 (Ref:2953914)   #59
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Vettel on his way to his second WDC.
Bernie couldn't orchestrate a Ferrari win today!

I was sure Vettel would conk out though, but he was mega.
Old 11 Sep 2011, 13:43 (Ref:2953921)   #60
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, Vettel had the wrong gearing did he? Whose got egg on their face now?
Old 11 Sep 2011, 14:12 (Ref:2953941)   #61
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I fell asleep for the last 20 or so laps. Did much happen?
Old 11 Sep 2011, 14:16 (Ref:2953943)   #62
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No, boring F1, as usual.
Old 11 Sep 2011, 14:38 (Ref:2953950)   #63
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
So Lewis is finally past after Button showed him how. Lewis may be fast, but he's not real quick.
Michael was told to cut out the repeated blocking by Ross Brawn no less..
Old 11 Sep 2011, 15:00 (Ref:2953959)   #64
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Hamilton seemed to be in point scoring mode today. Getting caught out on the restart wasn't too clever.
Old 11 Sep 2011, 15:19 (Ref:2953967)   #65
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the one that caused the mess at turn one has been given a 5 place grid drop (I think that is another wasted pen as those HRT cars normally start at the back anyaway)
Old 11 Sep 2011, 15:20 (Ref:2953968)   #66
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hispania with a five-place grid penalty.
Old 11 Sep 2011, 15:30 (Ref:2953972)   #67
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Hamilton seemed to be in point scoring mode today. Getting caught out on the restart wasn't too clever.
Lewis has always been quite bad with restarts hasn't he? I don't remember the last time he really nailed one. Even when he was out in front with a good car, his restarts tended to cause others to crash!
Old 11 Sep 2011, 16:56 (Ref:2954013)   #68
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Hispania with a five-place grid penalty.
Starting behind the medical car?
Old 11 Sep 2011, 17:00 (Ref:2954015)   #69
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some of Schumacher's driving today was very good, including the genuine defensive driving. Unfortunately he also broke the rules, and deserved a penalty for that. However the stewards have rarely had the balls to penalise his driving (nor one or two others before him), so it's hardly surprising that he thinks he's above such trivia.

(Pause for the Schumacher-apologists to leap forward in indignant outrage.)
Old 11 Sep 2011, 17:53 (Ref:2954040)   #70
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

I suspect they didn't want to spoil the show of Schumacher being in such a good position (for a change). Unfortunately, F1 can be a business, a showbusiness at times like these, so something like sporting credibility including consistency goes out the window. I didn't think a lot of it was all that bit, but with the precedent set by previous penalties, one appeared lacking today.
Old 11 Sep 2011, 18:21 (Ref:2954049)   #71
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumi should have had a penalty, but it's no surprise he didn't get one. I wonder how much fuss there would be on here if Hamilton had weaved on the straights and put a following car on the grass at high speed? If you look at the block at Curva Grande Schumi never took that line on any subsequent lap so it's quite clear what his intentions were. It made for great tv though so I'm sure Bernie was happy.
Old 11 Sep 2011, 19:32 (Ref:2954074)   #72
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Some of Schumacher's driving today was very good, including the genuine defensive driving. Unfortunately he also broke the rules, and deserved a penalty for that. However the stewards have rarely had the balls to penalise his driving (nor one or two others before him), so it's hardly surprising that he thinks he's above such trivia.

(Pause for the Schumacher-apologists to leap forward in indignant outrage.)
Okay what Schumi did was wrong. However, he as been much worse than today. I am not trying to justify what he did. I think however, that a penalty would have been overkill. It is not like the situation with Rubens last year.

Lewis was caught knapping today a bit. First on the restart, then on his first overtake of Schumi. Still at least he didn't crash out. Only good restarts he has made are Canada 2007 and Fuji 2007. On those occasions he was awake.

Another win for the new German wonder - Mr. Vettel. His little scrap with Alonso was amazing. Kudos for him for doing that. Plus, he didn't have to risk that. I wonder whether he can wrap up the title in Singapore?
Old 11 Sep 2011, 19:37 (Ref:2954076)   #73
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What TGF and Hamilton did was called hard but fair racing. It's been quite common in the 80s and 90s but has been kind of out of fashion lately. It was amazing stuff and far away from anything to be penalized.
Old 11 Sep 2011, 21:21 (Ref:2954126)   #74
schead
Racer

schead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridschead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy View Post
Schumi should have had a penalty, but it's no surprise he didn't get one. I wonder how much fuss there would be on here if Hamilton had weaved on the straights and put a following car on the grass at high speed? If you look at the block at Curva Grande Schumi never took that line on any subsequent lap so it's quite clear what his intentions were. It made for great tv though so I'm sure Bernie was happy.
LOL, it is funny what a short memory some people have. Malaysia 2010, Lewis made far more moves than Schumi did to stop Petrov from passing and got away with no penalty, just a warning. It is called Karma. Schumacher was copying Lewis, who was copying Schumacher.

Jenson showed Lewis how a McLaren is supposed to overtake. Lewis was presumably just thinking about his next party with p diddy.
Old 11 Sep 2011, 21:38 (Ref:2954134)   #75
aki13
Racer

aki13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All

I thought todays race was quite a good one.

We saw some good hard driving from Michael today, I personally only felt the move into Lesmo 1 was beyond the rules, but he did change his defending after Ross Brawn came onto the radio

I also thought that Vettels drive was almost perfect, he bravely passed Alonso on the grass and then pulled a safe 15 seconds clear and then matched his pace to the rest.