Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Sep 2011, 11:14 (Ref:2962908)   #1
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rory Byrne

I saw Rory Byrne on TV during the Italian GP talking with the team. At the time, I assumed he was just a guest for the weekend, but I also wondered if he could be enticed back into the fold.
I have since read that he's been working with Pat Fry on a consultancy basis looking at the 2012 regulations.
Mercedes has announced that Aldo Costa and Geoff Willis have signed for their team, but I find it fascinating that Rory who had such a great relationship with Brawn and Schumi never entertained it.
IMO, Rory, the only designer that humbled Newey over the years. Let's hope his magic is still alive
Old 1 Oct 2011, 01:40 (Ref:2963308)   #2
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Mercedes seems to have missed a massive trick here!
Bearing in mind their scintillating performance, and Byrne's record - what were/are they thinking?!
Old 1 Oct 2011, 02:02 (Ref:2963312)   #3
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by herowassenna View Post
I saw Rory Byrne on TV during the Italian GP talking with the team. At the time, I assumed he was just a guest for the weekend, but I also wondered if he could be enticed back into the fold.
I have since read that he's been working with Pat Fry on a consultancy basis looking at the 2012 regulations.
Mercedes has announced that Aldo Costa and Geoff Willis have signed for their team, but I find it fascinating that Rory who had such a great relationship with Brawn and Schumi never entertained it.
IMO, Rory, the only designer that humbled Newey over the years. Let's hope his magic is still alive
I am not sure that he would be interested, but I know nothing when it comes to these guys..
Old 1 Oct 2011, 17:01 (Ref:2963575)   #4
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.thescuderia.net/forums/sh...e-Ferrari-2012!

Read it here, not sure how reliable any of this is, some of the English used is shocking..
Old 4 Oct 2011, 11:17 (Ref:2965486)   #5
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I am not sure that he would be interested, but I know nothing when it comes to these guys..
No he won't be tempted back full time by an offer, it would likely only be of his own volition but I think he's happy on the beach in Thailand right now?

I think the last time he was actually hands on was in 2004?